Indian Army Battle Cries

lupgain

Country flag
Indian Army Battle Cries

Battle cries are there. Fact of life. There is no use denying them. They enthuse the troops in a last do-or-die battle. Indian army has, traditionally, many battle cries. A few, not all. Nearly all are rooted in religion

1. Bihar Regiment, (17 battalions): "Jai Bajrang Bali" ("Victory to Lord Hanuman") / "Birsa Munda Ki Jai" ("Victory to Birsa Munda")

2. Rajputana Rifles (19 Battalions) : "Raja Ram Chandra Ki Jai" ("Victory to Raja Ram Chandra")

3. Punjab Regiment (19 Battalions): "Bole So Nihal, Sat Sri Akal" / "Bol Jwala Ma Ki Jai"

4. Rajput Regiment : "Bol Bajrang Bali Ki Jai" ("Say Victory to Lord Hanuman")

5. Kumaon Regiment (19 Battalion): "Kalika Mata Ki Jai", "Bajrang Bali Ki Jai", "Dada Kishan Ki Jai" and "Jai Durge Naga".

6. Garhwalis (18 Battalions): "Badri Vishal Ki Jai" ("Victory to the Great Lord Badri Nath").

7. Dogras, (18 battalions): "Jwala Mata Ki Jai"..

8. Sikh Regiment : "Bole So Nihal Sat Sri Akal". Akaaaaal

9. Sikh Light Infantry: "Bole So Nihal Sat Sri Akal". Akaaaaal.

10. Jammu & Kashmir Rifles (19 Battalion): "Durga Mata Ki Jai". [Victory to Mother Durga].

11. Jammu & Kashmir Light Infantry(18 Battalions): "Bharat Mata Ki Jai". [Victory to Mother India].

12. Ladakh Scout: "Bharat Mata Ki Jai". [Victory to Mother India].

13. Gorkha Regiment (19 Battalion): "Ayo Gorkhali" ("The Gorkhas are here"),

14. 11 Gorkha Rifles: "Jai Mahakali". [Victory to Great Kali].

15. Maratha Regiment : Har Har Mahadev. [Victory to Lord Shivs] / Chhatrapati Shiviji ki Jai. [ Victory to King Shivaji]

16. Jat Regiment: "Jat Balwan, Jai Bhagwan!"

17. The Grenadiers : "Sarvada Shaktishali!" (Ever Powerful!)

18. Assam Regiment: "Rhino Charge"

19. Madras Regiment ( Oldest Regiment of Indian Army since 1750): "Veera Madrassi, Adi Kollu, Adi Kollu!"
In addition there are also many Indian Army regiments which chant "Har Har Mahadev", which has been used by many Hindu defenders in the past such as Chhatrapati and Prithviraj Chauhan.

:shocked:

Interesting !!!! ( Such different war cries could be seen in the movie LOC- Kargil)

Last edited:

lupgain

Country flag
If you don't know, Indian Army & Faith are very close from beginning..
I agree.. with you and I know that.. It was not written in any wrong sense... Brave men walking towards martyr hood will always call for GOD... ...

But without any offence to our great army.. I have read that other countries army ... specially armies of the west don't have their battle cries on the name of GOD..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
But without any offence to our great army.. I have read that other countries army ... specially armies of the west don't have their battle cries on the name of GOD..
I don't know about them, never been with them..

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Indian Army Battle Cries

Nearly all are rooted in religion
How can one even imagine being in a life and death situation without the feeling of God by his side?

rks

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles