Indian Army Armored Vehicles

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
INDIAN ARMY ISSUES RFI TO ACQUIRE 91 HIGH MOBILITY RECONNAISSANCE VEHICLES
Indian Army plans to acquire 91 High Mobility Reconnaissance Vehicles for mechanized forces by Fast Track Procedure under Buy (Indian) category as per a RfI issued.

The HMRV shall have a P/W ratio of 30HP/ton, on-road range of 400 km, protection against 7.62mm NATO ball, a roof hatch for gun mount.

Operational Parameters

The High Mobility Reconnaissance Vehicle (HMRV) will be employed by Command and Recce elements of Mechanised Infantry Units and Armoured Regiments for Recce & Surveillance tasks. HMRV should possess adequate mobility and provide protection for troops on board. In addition, it should be able to carry the battle loads to include weapons, ammunition, surveillance and communication equipment required to carry out mandated operational tasks.

HMRV will be employed for on road and cross country (off road) movement in under mentioned terrain & weather conditions, plain and desert terrain, high altitude (up to 5000 meters altitude) / Mountainous terrain including snow bound areas.

HMRV should be operational by day & night and in commonly encountered weather conditions in above terrains.

HMRV should be a 4x4 Right Hand drive vehicle with all around protection as described in subsequent paragraphs. It should have a provision to integrate surveillance equipment and a weapon mount (mounted on a hatch/ cupola with 360° traversing capability) for bringing down effective fire.

The service life of vehicle should not be less than 10 years/ 1,00,000 km and the seating capacity should not less than 4 including driver.
Haha tailor made RFI for the Mbombe 4. Specs match.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Haha no, SKD assembly for now; will be upgraded to CKD with a big order. Only in the case of a large global order will it be produced here from scratch.
Then read the terms again. It's under Buy(Indian) category.
Means the design should be yours with you holding 50% of IC on cost basis or it could be a foreign design with you holding 60% of IC on cost basis.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Means the design should be yours with you holding 50% of IC on cost basis or it could be a foreign design with you holding 60% of IC on cost basis.
I don't see anything else in the STANAG II/III cat with 30hp/ton engine power.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Haha no, SKD assembly for now; will be upgraded to CKD with a big order. Only in the case of a large global order will it be produced here from scratch.
AFAIK they have a lot more than that.... Will have to search for it, but as far as I know most of M4 is made here only.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I don't see anything else in the STANAG II/III cat with 30hp/ton engine power.
I already posted Mahindra LSV.
With curb weight of 2.5 ton & 215 hp in STANAG II protection, it has enough possibility to be upgraded to STANAG III.

rodeo

Country flag
What's the latest on "Bharat Power Pack" ?

Edit: I think I asked it on the wrong thread. I'll ask it again on Arjun MBT thread.

Chinmoy

Country flag
mera desh badal raha hai

Just shows the level of our knowledge and RR on forum.

DSIL has manufactured prototypes of Light Bullet Proof Vehicle (ZEBU Carmel Lite and ZEBU Carmel) on the 2.2L Manual Transmission and 3.2L Automatic Transmission.
https://www.dcmshriramdefence.com/about-us.php

We want desi things, but the moment some prototype is seen in testing, our R@nd1 R0n@ starts at L1 and love for foreign equipments. :facepalm:

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
I have one doubt why are Indian Russian origin tanks have many spots with no armour plates
Those squares you see are not armour plates, they are older gen reactive armour... T72 was not designed with reactive armour, so it had to be later retrofitted with these. Worse coverage than integrated ERA, but still decent upgrade.

Sachinananda

Those squares you see are not armour plates, they are older gen reactive armour... T72 was not designed with reactive armour, so it had to be later retrofitted with these. Worse coverage than integrated ERA, but still decent upgrade.
But latest t-72 Indian upgrade much looks like t-90
Even if u see the t-90 in our service any spots exist without ERA like not upgrade t-72
Last question when will our all t-72 be upgraded to what @Kunal Biswas posted

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles