Indian Army Armored Vehicles

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
So IA is perfectly happy if our lads get blown to pieces in the low quality shabby OFB vehicles but won't order more (or order after 5 yrs maybe if we are lucky) of these for protection from IEDs in kashmir eh ? Great job herr gernails ! Clap clap clap.
And meanwhile they keep.complaining how there is no domestic manufacturing capacity and how shit quality is OFB. The cycle keeps repeating

abingdonboy

Country flag
So IA is perfectly happy if our lads get blown to pieces in the low quality shabby OFB vehicles but won't order more (or order after 5 yrs maybe if we are lucky) of these for protection from IEDs in kashmir eh ? Great job herr gernails ! Clap clap clap.
And meanwhile they keep.complaining how there is no domestic manufacturing capacity and how shit quality is OFB. The cycle keeps repeating
I read a while back that the UN was unhappy that they were paying so much to india for UN contingents but their equipment was so subpar when deployed. I guess they made some ‘emergency purchases’ to cover up the issue.

the UN thing is just one big cash grab, I shudder to think where all the money goes

mokoman

Country flag
I wonder why to this day open top gypsys are in use in JK and the NE. Wasn’t the AR’s CO and his family killed a few weeks back because he was travelling in a civilian bolero or something in an active area?
army just proudly showed off a ATGM mounted gypsy at LAC .

wonder how many years till it all get replaced

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Well I think you forgot the Mahindra ALSV was first deployed with the UN forces before being ordered in nos by the Indian Army

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Well that's my point ! Where is protection from ied required at a higher priority? UN peacekeeping mission or kashmir ? So where should it be deployed first albeit on a trial basis ? Hence it looks suspicious to me that it's just IAs way of stalling bulk orders.
Well I think you forgot the Mahindra ALSV was first deployed with the UN forces before being ordered in nos by the Indian Army

Blademaster

I wonder why to this day open top gypsys are in use in JK and the NE. Wasn’t the AR’s CO and his family killed a few weeks back because he was travelling in a civilian bolero or something in an active area?
Off topic - I do really hope that they caught the bastards that killed the CO and his family, especially his son. That broke my heart and left me in a such a fiery rage that lasted a couple days. Wasn't pleasant to be around. Please tell me that we repaid tenfold to the fvcking bastards that did the crime.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles