Indian Army Armored Vehicles

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
This is unprecedented. The news must be confirmed first. I couldn't find the RIA Novosti one. According to the source, India has made proposals for the supply and joint production of 1) BTR-82A 2) BMP-3 and 3) Sprut-SDM1
Should start importing Generals from Russia ASAP.

If any of that is true... Most. Disastrous. Defexpo. EVER!

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This must be related to BEML RFI, for foreign collaboration to manufacture and market Wheeled infantry combat vehicle.

There is almost a pattern emerging that DPSU are leaning towards Russia for collaboration, Kamov 226T, Ak203 & now this.
BEML has selected Russia as their partner to offer such craps to army.

Atcjurvin

Bro you have no idea of the ecosystem

There is an entire food chain .

From the generals in the army to...... You name it.

Previously corruption in arms deal was a straight affair but nowadays due to government pressure , it has become more of a fine art via tweaked RFIs , trials etc

Don't trust the generals , only few are incorruptible , rest are what they are.....don't give them the benifit of doubt.
Even if anyhow stupid generals managed to select Russian platforms I don't think so they will be inducted. Drdo and many private companies will protest against. It is similar to previous spike deal where army was going to induct them in a large number though they failed the test but at last moment it was cancelled and led to the birth of MPATGM. Govt will make sure indegeneous platforms are selected.

Atcjurvin

Bro you have no idea of the ecosystem

There is an entire food chain .

From the generals in the army to...... You name it.

Previously corruption in arms deal was a straight affair but nowadays due to government pressure , it has become more of a fine art via tweaked RFIs , trials etc

Don't trust the generals , only few are incorruptible , rest are what they are.....don't give them the benifit of doubt.
FICV is a very big multi billion dollar project so it obvious that it will get a lot of kickbacks and lobbing. Just make it completely indegeneous no need allow foreign platforms even to participate.

WolfPack86

Country flag
I thought Russia would offer Kamaz 63989 and later K-16 , but instead offer of an old platform wasn't expected . Instead South Korea is offering a next gen platform where I thought K-808 would be pitched. But IMO, indignous TATA-DRDO WhAP is the best in this case.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I thought Russia would offer Kamaz 63989 and later K-16 , but instead offer of an old platform wasn't expected . Instead South Korea is offering a next gen platform where I thought K-808 would be pitched. But IMO, indignous TATA-DRDO WhAP is the best in this case.
what is the need of the this stupid global tender when WHAP is available.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
what is the need of the this stupid global tender when WHAP is available.
To avoid single vendor situation In the tender. Indian industry has had more than 5 years to develop their own product. And yet Indian industry developed only one contender(if I am not wrong)

Let the best product win.

Worst case scenario, design knowledge already exists in Indian industry. They can always ramp up production later.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Gaaawd ! More imports !:facepalm:
To avoid single vendor situation In the tender. Indian industry has had more than 5 years to develop their own product. And yet Indian industry developed only one contender(if I am not wrong)

Let the best product win.

Worst case scenario, design knowledge already exists in Indian industry. They can always ramp up production later.
No its alright. Let foreign products complete and let the best product win. No free run.
Otherwise we risk another INSAS situation where they threw substandard shit at the army, knowing they will have to buy what they get.

(WhAP didn't fail to meet requirements in the trial that was going on, did it?)

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
No its alright. Let foreign products complete and let the best product win. No free run.
Otherwise we risk another INSAS situation where they threw substandard shit at the army, knowing they will have to buy what they get.

(WhAP didn't fail to meet requirements in the trial that was going on, did it?)
Whap is not build by OFB, you do know.
In this world of constant changes it is foolishness to go towards import.
WHEN army chief himself said "even if the product has sixty to seventy percent requirements met, we will support it", I don't know what's the problem then.
No more imports, NEVER because I don't want IFS officers to waste their time on peddling foreign governments to "PLEASE DON'T STOP THE SPARE PARTS", like you also didn't read what former chief said "time again and again our ALLIES has looted us in war scenarios", don't want repeat of that.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
No its alright. Let foreign products complete and let the best product win. No free run
This is the best thing AN IMPORT GUY says, go and say the same thing to AMERICANS who chose their own Air tanker over SUPERIOR european tanker.
And then you will come to know WHY AND WHY Americans are best weapon makers, in that finding you will also find their WILL to project their weapons over others.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles