Indian Army Armored Vehicles

square

Strategic Issues
I am SAD for the IA Tank crews They have immense talents and are world class But Due to DSPU's shoddy corrupt system We have to face such Failure
do we menufecture engines here under licence..?

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Don't Push Your Luck

Shoddy maintenance of T-90s are exposed Today in 3rd race
T-90s sent for biathlon has no issues with maintenance.

This is nothing more than a n accident.
Last year, brand new chinese Type-96B also failed.

Don't be embarrassed from this breakdown, our team did their best.

Also, India is the only nation which displays "flying tank" without touching the station. Thats also done by your so called shoddy maintained T-90.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
This is really shameful.

And we jump on their backs. Defend their decisions, debate ad nauseam how they are the best judges and how important is for them to buy whatever they want because they have to abide by the operational doctrines.

I have said it before DSPU's can't be blamed but the operator. If DSPU is corrupt and maintenance facilities are shoddy and below standards then it is duty of of the operator to protest and get it fixed.

Looks like 'sab iley huain hain'.

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag

Don't be embarrassed from this breakdown, our team did their best.

Also, India is the only nation which displays "flying tank" without touching the station. Thats also done by your so called shoddy maintained T-90.
Noob question

What is a flying tank?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
This is really shameful.

And we jump on their backs. Defend their decisions, debate ad nauseam how they are the best judges and how important is for them to buy whatever they want because they have to abide by the operational doctrines.

I have said it before DSPU's can't be blamed but the operator. If DSPU is corrupt and maintenance facilities are shoddy and below standards then it is duty of of the operator to protest and get it fixed.

Looks like 'sab iley huain hain'.
This shows that you need to induct Arjun.

Is this what army bragged for? Of course this machine is a beast but it requires high maintenance too.

I am sure Arjun would have done far better.

WARREN SS

Country flag

What Made You think that T-90 was Not brand new From HVF

Type-96B still finished the race 2nd With wheel broken

When you go to international stage you should ready for such failures

I am Not Saying T-90s Is Bad Tank or IA crew has anything to do with it

But maintenance was shoddy And Due to lack luster And un professionalism of OFB babus

How cum Imported Russian tanks better maintained than India Which Manufactures Russian tanks for decades

WARREN SS

Country flag

Is this what army bragged for? Of course this machine is a beast but it requires high maintenance too.

No its Not Arjun Is Far Too heavy For Tank biathlon category

T-90s are performing good In first round against Chinese

Crew vs crew battle

But they need upgrade ASAP

Type-96B has lower weight and 1200 hp engine that gives it edge in Power to weight ratio against t-90s

Though real test Of the tank is in battle

TheHurtLocker

Country flag
All these are Facts hiding incompetence of babus Won't help

How come Chinese Don't have single Engine failure

Look at other teams like belarus and kazakistan ,Iran etc

They operate Imported Russian ones still manage to maintain it better That 2nd Major Manufacturers of Russian tanks(India)

We Laughed at Chinese when there wheel was broken thought they complete first in the race Now We are facing Even worse fate
Look, I don't give a flying fuck about any other nation's tank.
Engine failure can and will happen even to the most well maintained vehicle out there. Especially to the ones that are used in extreme conditions for most of their life.
Your ridiculous statement about so called "shoddy maintenance" is baseless.

I agree, Arjun would have pummelled the others with the more powerful Engine, superior suspension and one of the best main guns in the business.

SELVAM

Tank r waste in modern warfare. Indian army didn't learn any lesson from IPKF experiance in srilanka. T72 s crippled by LTTE small arms fire in first day deployment. After that IA stopped using tanks in Lanka.

Don't know why IA is spending billions in every year for these tin cans.

square

Strategic Issues
How cum Imported Russian tanks better maintained than India Which Manufactures Russian tanks for decades
they might not giving us the true tech under licence menufecturing !!

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

Arjun do not qualify because of the criterion set by the host.

If you might have noted I never get into this debate of foreign vs Indian.

All I care about is performance. In my understanding there is no constraints on expenditure. They get whatever they want. There should be no excuse whatsoever for their failures.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
What Made You think that T-90 was Not brand new From HVF
They tanks selected for race are manufactured in 2013 (2 out of 3) while other one is from 2014 batch.
Type-96B still finished the race 2nd With wheel broken
China finished that particular race with 9th position, India was 2nd on that day.
But overall, China was 2nd in TB2016
eng.armygames2016.mil.ru › page190577
Yup, that's what should be the matter of concern and it should be tackled on priority basis.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
What criterion ?

It was the Russian who asked to bring Arjun at game, Variety of tanks will attract more views ..

=======================

The tank belongs to IA unit, Its maintenance is responsibility of Army it does not goes back in factory but Army workshop ..

The crew and machine comes from the particular unit who have experienced the games before, A modified Arjun MK1 and crew would have preformed better, No doubt ..

Arjun do not qualify because of the criterion set by the host..
But maintenance was shoddy And Due to lack luster And un professionalism of OFB babus

Vinod DX9

Country flag
Yes, T-90S failed because of low maintenance,it's big issue
And second, that Chinese Type-96B didn't fail,lost wheel,still kept moving,became 2nd.... Far better situation... We can't mock, rather that incident was eye opening, showing how much capable Chinese tanks are..

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Yes, T-90S failed because of low maintenance,it's big issue
its a big issue and should be addressed at higher level
And second, that Chinese Type-96B didn't fail,lost wheel,still kept moving,became 2nd.... Far better situation.
After breakdown during TB16, Type96B didn't do any-where. they become 2nd in overall competition not in that particular race.
you're mixing facts buddy..

overall, I can say, they have quantity because of communist government even they are controlling their media where as in india it quite difficult do so.
i can't bet on chinese quality because of lack in transparency...

Vinod DX9

Country flag
IMG_20170811_234326.jpg

Kanpur: Indian Army organised 'Know your Forces', a 2-day exhibition of arms and ammunition at Garrison ground ahead of Independence Day

Can't ANI use a better camera?

Prashant12

Country flag
AAT vehicle documents handed over to DGQA

CHENNAI: Chennai-based Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment (CVRDE) on Thursday officially handed over the Authorised Holder of Sealed Particulars (AHSP) of Armoured Ambulance Tracked (AAT) vehicle to Controllerate of Quality Assurance (Infantry Combat Vehicles).

AAT vehicles designed and developed by CVRDE are currently under production at the ordinance factory in Medak district in Telangana. AAT vehicle is designed for the speedy evacuation of battlefield causalities with immediate medical care to the nearest hospital. It can evacuate 4 structure patients or 2 structure patients and 4 sitting patients or 8 sitting patients at a time. Two medical attendants are seated in the vehicle to take care of the patients. The AAT vehicle can operate all extreme terrains; it has armour protection, ability to cross all obstacles and is an amphibian.

Director-General of Quality Assurance (DGQA) Lt.Gen Shamsheer Singh has received the transfer certificate from CVRDE director P Sivakumar at a function held at CVRDE office on Thursday.
Speaking to Express, Sivakumar said: “Today, we have handed over the drawings and documentation of the AAT vehicle to DGQA, which now will be responsible for complete production, ensuring everything goes as per the original design particulars,” he said.

As on date, 162 AAT vehicles were delivered to the Indian army out of the total order of 288 vehicles.
“There was a delay due to some procedural issues. The DGQA wanted some changes to be made and we have met all requirements. Earlier, similar transfers were made for Carrier Mortar Tracked (CMT) vehicle in 2006, Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT) in 2007 and Bridge Layer Tank (BLT)-72 in 2009-10,” he said.
He said CVRDE is currently focusing on next generation battle tank Arjun MBT Mk-II, Arjun Catapult, a self-propelled gun which can fire an object at a distance of 27 km.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...le-documents-handed-over-to-dgqa-1641480.html

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles