Indian Airforce News and Discussion

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
I have a question. Sorry if this was already Posted in the past and has been already answered.
So here is my question.
-Did Pakistan have complete Superiority in terms of EW(Electronic Warfare) against Indian Airforce on 27th February?
-Did Pakistan jam our SU-30 MKIs and Mirage 2000s and were our ground Radars unable to speak to The SU-30 MKIs and Mirage 2000s in the air who were confronting the PAF Assets who had come to conduct Swift Retard?
Elements-of-Electronic-Warfare.png

@mist_consecutive @Lonewolf @Crazywithmath @FalconSlayers @Assassin 2.0 I guess maybe you guys will know about this.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I have a question. Sorry if this was already Posted in the past and has been already answered.
So here is my question.
-Did Pakistan have complete Superiority in terms of EW(Electronic Warfare) against Indian Airforce on 27th February?
-Did Pakistan jam our SU-30 MKIs and Mirage 2000s and were our ground Radars unable to speak to The SU-30 MKIs and Mirage 2000s in the air who were confronting the PAF Assets who had come to conduct Swift Retard?
View attachment 129929
@mist_consecutive @Lonewolf @Crazywithmath @FalconSlayers @Assassin 2.0 I guess maybe you guys will know about this.
No. Both sides had EW/Jammers.

Again no. Communication was up. Radars worked with variable efficiency depending on jamming and target.

Super Flanker

Country flag
No. Both sides had EW/Jammers.
I am aware that both are sides had Jammers and had employed some kind of EW(Electronic WarFare) That day against each other. I believe only two of our Aircrafts of our were using Jammers: The MIG-21 and the SU-30 MKI. They were Both having ELL-8212/ELL-8222Self Protection Jamming Pod (israeli Origin Jammer). And I am not sure about the PAF. But i feel like PAF had a bit of Advantage as they had a dedicated Electronic WarFare plane Called as the DA-20 that day.
Again no. Communication was up. Radars worked with variable efficiency depending on jamming and target.
So Communication between the IAF assets was fine? Oh than that's good news. I was Worried because an Indian Defense Article had claimed that our coms were Jammed and that Mirages and SU-30 MKIs were not able to talk to each other.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I am aware that both are sides had Jammers and had employed some kind of EW(Electronic WarFare) That day against each other. I believe only two of our Aircrafts of our were using Jammers: The MIG-21 and the SU-30 MKI. They were Both having ELL-8212/ELL-8222Self Protection Jamming Pod (israeli Origin Jammer). And I am not sure about the PAF. But i feel like PAF had a bit of Advantage as they had a dedicated Electronic WarFare plane Called as the DA-20 that day.
All of these are actually speculations. No one confirmed PAF deployed their EW aircraft. It was a boast floated on Pakistani forums (PDF) by inbreds to undermine us that PAF employed EW jammed our radars and communications, that Su-30MKIs went blind (their wet dream) and their data-link was not working, and that Abhinandan accidentally crossed LoC because he was disoriented about his location as his comms were jammed (complete lie).

So Communication between the IAF assets was fine? Oh than that's good news. I was Worried because an Indian Defense Article had claimed that our coms were Jammed and that Mirages and SU-30 MKIs were not able to talk to each other.
The ground controller who was helping Abhinandan heard his missile launch brevity announcement as well as a successful splash announcement. If the ground controller sitting at Srinagar can hear Abhinandan across LoC then you bet comms were working just fine.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

The thing is, it is easier to blame faulty/inferior equipment than take responsibility for what happened, because in that case, it is no one's fault.
So everyone including desi fanboys jumped on bandwagon of Mig-21 bad, Su-30 bad, missiles are short-ranged, comms jammed, bla bla. Some even claimed if we had Akash SAM instead of SPYDER then the fratricide would not have happened.

The truth is, 2 x Su-30MKIs have absolutely dominated the sky, the Mig-21s were effective in scaring away the PAF package, the PAF failed to achieve their objective and had to abort the mission prematurely.

If the shooting game started aftermath of Feb 27, no one would have remembered about either the Mig-21 or the F-16 shootdown.

Super Flanker

Country flag
All of these are actually speculations. No one confirmed PAF deployed their EW aircraft. It was a boast floated on Pakistani forums (PDF) by inbreds to undermine us that PAF employed EW jammed our radars and communications, that Su-30MKIs went blind (their wet dream) and their data-link was not working, and that Abhinandan accidentally crossed LoC because he was disoriented about his location as his comms were jammed (complete lie).
That means that its not Confirmed that DA-20 was deployed by PAF? I am so confused now, all this while I thought these Pakistanis had indeed used this Aircraft for EW(Electronic WarFare) against Indian Airforce. Even many Indians were also saying that PAF had deployed their DA-20. So I guess it was all just some sort of Elaborate Hoax. I feel like we need to investigate further as to what Aircrafts were deployed by PAF that day and come to a Definite Conclusion. If we know exactly what Aircrafts were deployed by both parties that day than we will know exactly who had the upper hand. Here in this case of 27th February vthe PAF had numerical advantage over Indian airforce. But still we Failed their Airstrikes which I am happy to hear from the Indian Airforce's side.
The ground controller who was helping Abhinandan heard his missile launch brevity announcement as well as a successful splash announcement. If the ground controller sitting at Srinagar can hear Abhinandan across LoC then you bet comms were working just fine.
So that means all this while this claim of Abhinandan being jammed is a lie I guess. I believe that wing commander Abhinandan voluntarily went to shoot down that F-16 and hence to so that he crossed the LOC(Line of Control) Also the ground controller you are mentioning here is actually Minty Agrawal.

Super Flanker

Country flag
The thing is, it is easier to blame faulty/inferior equipment than take responsibility for what happened, because in that case, it is no one's fault.
So everyone including desi fanboys jumped on bandwagon of Mig-21 bad, Su-30 bad, missiles are short-ranged, comms jammed, bla bla. Some even claimed if we had Akash SAM instead of SPYDER then the fratricide would not have happened.
To be fair I was only disappointed about the Following things. The SU-30 MKI on 27th February should have fired couple of Missiles that day but I guess they had a Disadvantage in Altitude and hence they didn't fire their BVR Missiles that day. We could have easily knocked down their JF 17s and Mirages which had come to drop Guided munitions on our Military Installations. I agree that we succeeded in failing the Objective of Swift retort.
But that MI-17 Fratricide is a very shameful thing on our behalf. I believe the Reason for that Friendly fire was that the Spyder air defense system that day was unable to identify the MI-17 as friend or foe because the MI-17s Onboard friend and Foe Identification system had turned off and hence the sam Operator shot down the MI 17 thinking it was an Enemy Air Asset. Hopefully next time we don't make such mistakes.
The truth is, 2 x Su-30MKIs have absolutely dominated the sky, the Mig-21s were effective in scaring away the PAF package, the PAF failed to achieve their objective and had to abort the mission prematurely.
I agree that Swiftretort was a Failure. What was the objective of Swiftretort?
-To Bomb Indian Military Installations
-To shoot down an Aircraft Like SU-30 MKI
-
What was the result?
-all bombs missed their Targets and some even failed to explode.
-Could not shoot down a SU-30 MKI Aircraft because the SU-30 MKI Dodged all the AMRAAM Missiles fired by f16 at SU-30 MKI. Waste of BVR Missiles.
the shooting game started aftermath of Feb 27, no one would have remembered about either the Mig-21 or the F-16 shootdown.
I agree that we shot down an F16 using Mig 21 but as of now the international community doesn't recognise this claim. Anyways after a few years most probably the truth about that F-16 will come from porkis Themselves.

Super falcon

Country flag

Do India considering b 1b lancer to counter Chinese heavyweight H6 bombers

NutCracker

Country flag
:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::frusty::frusty::frusty:

No!!! There is no B1B on offer!!!! US will never give or sell those to anyone else. They are strategic assets of USAF.
B1B is second to B2 and would be third in line when B21 comes in. They will be retiring these soon.
We can get 15 of these for next 2-3 decades till we build our own.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles