Indian Aircraft Crash Notification Thread

rone

Country flag
I don't know if we continue this carsh rate it's won't be so long we will have real critical emergency in Air power,

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I don't know if we continue this carsh rate it's won't be so long we will have real critical emergency in Air power,
With China staring you down it is already critical.

uoftotaku

Country flag

Looks to be air flow related.

When the planes are flying so close to one another there is always a huge element of danger. The upper aircraft in the pair you can see gets caught in the lower aircraft's wing vortex and dips as it loses lift and aileron control. Nose impacts with tail of other aircraft, which proceeds to flip and exasperates the accident beyond point of any recovery

Jackd

It wasn’t pilot error but a possible lapse during the aircraft upgrade process that led to the 1 February Mirage 2000 crash at the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) airport in Bengaluru, the court of inquiry (CoI) has found. Two Indian Air Force (IAF) pilots testing the upgraded Mirage 2000, Squadron Leader Samir Abrol and Squadron Leader Siddhartha Negi, were killed in the crash. According to the CoI, the crash was caused by an “uninitiated control input” — or a software glitch — during the jet’s user acceptance trial. The CoI has also faulted the arrester barrier at the HAL airport runway, saying it failed to intercept the aircraft’s slide after it crashed. The arrester barrier is a net with two hydraulic jacks that is installed at the end of runways to ensure an aircraft does not overshoot it.

ganesh177

Country flag
I wonder if we are inducting aircrafts at the faster rate or crashing them ?

Is there a official list to compare the crashings per year. I am afraid we might top that list, without going into a war.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Is there a official list to compare the crashings per year. I am afraid we might top that list, without going into a war.
IAF has lost 9 aircraft since the start of the year.

A couple Tejas have been delivered, I don't know how many MKIs came, Mi17v5 deliveries are finished since last year.

Compersion

Country flag
curios to observe the movement and decision of iran after they had got attacked along the Baluchistan and Iran border by the pakis.

the crash today of the mig 27 made me impress upon Iran and its air force. frankly pakis might be bad but iran seems worse.

did that and was that a area of consideration and determination after the terrorist attacks on around the same time with us. i also feel that resignation news of the iran fm is linked somehow to the timing of our air strikes in feb across the border (perhaps earlier we had planned a joint operation - with afganistan, iran and us). iran and afganistan did not attack and avenge on the pakis (yet ... properly). did we move first because iran got chicken feet? i feel our attack across the border has significant parameters and absolutely has set a different upgrade to who we are. we have upgraded and this a new different bharat to earlier and our words matter.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Nothing on the recent AN32 crash which happened today?

garg_bharat

Country flag

At the moment inductions are definitely more than losses. But the pace of inductions is still too slow.

bhramos

Country flag
BREAKING: An Indian Army Chetak helicopter has crashed in Bhutan, killing both pilots -- an Indian Army officer and a Royal Bhutan Army officer. Details awaited. (File Photo)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles