Indian Air Force of the Future

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
s_bman,
I believe we have to fund the upgrades for Mig-35.

peace123

we can't go for sv and sh because of this LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence: EXCLUSIVE: Devil In The Details? Bogey In The Indian Navy's P-8I Aircraft Contract ; we can't go for mig because we will became totally russian equiped (and we can't trust russians); all the problems with spares coz russia will not have them in their af+ we can't go for gripen coz it has american engine plus other american parts so remain ef and rafale.

ef: ef is not totally developed and india can have some problem due to 5 countries partnership + not totaly multi role its weak in a-to-g strikes.

rafale: full tot, excellent mrca, only problem is aesa radar.

rakesh

Which aircraft most effective in MMRCA?Which is the political in favor of India?

AJSINGH

we can't go for sv and sh because of this LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence: EXCLUSIVE: Devil In The Details? Bogey In The Indian Navy's P-8I Aircraft Contract ; we can't go for mig because we will became totally russian equiped (and we can't trust russians); all the problems with spares coz russia will not have them in their af+ we can't go for gripen coz it has american engine plus other american parts so remain ef and rafale.

ef: ef is not totally developed and india can have some problem due to 5 countries partnership + not totaly multi role its weak in a-to-g strikes.

rafale: full tot, excellent mrca, only problem is aesa radar.
well not trusting russia is not a good idea.U see our whole IAF more or less is based on soveit russian orign combat aircraft .As u can see we will have total of more then 200 MKI at the end of 2023,so that proves that we are trusting russia more than ever.plus the ships they are building for IN are being diliverd on time excpet for infamous Admiral groshov.and we are developing PAK FAGA so that proves that we trust russia whith our heart out

Rafale is a good choice btw .also Mig 35 is also a top canidate

AkhandBharat

Historically, India's trust on Uncle Sam is much less than any of the countries being given a tender for the MRCA. By that logic, F-16IN and F-18SH are out.

Let's not speculate as to who the government will give the contract. We don't know about it and speculating that is akin to rolling a dice to decide the winner.

We don't even know what the tender contains and what are the requirements of MMRCA official tender much less what the government thinks about the companies the tender has been issued to.

We should discuss the technical merits of the combat aircraft and compare them instead which is what we can do [onlee] :D

Here's an interesting tid-bit I did not know:

Dassault has already locked horns with Lockheed:

Lockheed Martin Could Be In Trouble in MMRCA Deal

AJSINGH

Historically, India's trust on Uncle Sam is much less than any of the countries being given a tender for the MRCA. By that logic, F-16IN and F-18SH are out.

Let's not speculate as to who the government will give the contract. We don't know about it and speculating that is akin to rolling a dice to decide the winner.

We don't even know what the tender contains and what are the requirements of MMRCA official tender much less what the government thinks about the companies the tender has been issued to.

We should discuss the technical merits of the combat aircraft and compare them instead which is what we can do [onlee] :D

Here's an interesting tid-bit I did not know:

Dassault has already locked horns with Lockheed:

Lockheed Martin Could Be In Trouble in MMRCA Deal
i agree with you .but the last decision is political .If we go all out for USA .russia will be pissed and if we go all out for russia .usa will be pissed but as u can see it wont affect much if usa is pissed because we have already bought 8P-81 as well 6 C-130c and may be we will buy some more yankee helicopters
so USA is happy that way

s_bman

i agree with you .but the last decision is political .If we go all out for USA .russia will be pissed and if we go all out for russia .usa will be pissed but as u can see it wont affect much if usa is pissed because we have already bought 8P-81 as well 6 C-130c and may be we will buy some more yankee helicopters
so USA is happy that way

decision would indeed be political .........possibly linked with un security council expansion, u s has greatest clout in that regard........deals you mentioned should keep them happy..... but same support might come with french/british

shankarosky

us has got the p8 and c-130 so most likely from political point of view mIG 35 will win

venom

DFI Technocrat
The best choice would be Mig-35...its cheap,a good AESA Radar,3D TVC ...

shankarosky

The best choice would be Mig-35...its cheap,a good AESA Radar,3D TVC ...

StealthSniper

I don't know where to post this but this is what I want the IAF to have in the future:

280-350 Su30-MKI
150-200 LCA
66 Mig-29
126 Rafale
50 Mirage 2000
???? Mig- 29k
???? Jaguar
???? Mig 27 (If we still use them)
???? Pakfa

Maybe someone can help fill in the question marks or give input on these numbers.

AJSINGH

I don't know where to post this but this is what I want the IAF to have in the future:

280-350 Su30-MKI
150-200 LCA
66 Mig-29
126 Rafale
50 Mirage 2000
???? Mig- 29k
???? Jaguar
???? Mig 27 (If we still use them)
???? Pakfa

Maybe someone can help fill in the question marks or give input on these numbers.
so according to you rafale will win MMRCA competition, who knows ? about PAK FAGA ,we wont be buying anything less than 100 of those aircraft

StealthSniper

so according to you rafale will win MMRCA competition, who knows ? about PAK FAGA ,we wont be buying anything less than 100 of those aircraft

No It's the aircraft that I want to win the order. Anyways give me your list and we will see how close we are. I am not saying I'm right because we don't know the future but at least we can see the pros and cons.

arya

Country flag
hi

guys those who want mig 35 win i just want to say we can buy 50 mig 35 for our nation

but i think raffale is the best plane we can take from this deal

we dont have more time so that we can wait for mig 35

raffale is providing full TOT and can provide a great fire power to our airforce

jai hind

AJSINGH

Aircraft with Indian Airforce

FIGHTER AIRCRAFT

Mig 21 Bison - 106
Mig 21 Bis-48
Mig 21 M/MF- 72
Mig 21 FL-48
125 MiG-21bis upgraded to "Bison" standard. All MiG-21s to be phased out by 2011 except MiG-21 Bison, which will stay in service up to 2025.

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum -62+8trainers
All 62 MiG-29S to be upgraded to "SMT" standard.Service life of MiG-29s aircraft will be extended from 25 to 40 years,first deliveries in 2010 and program to be completed by 2013.

Sukhoi Su-30MKI Flanker-H as of now we have 106 operational aircraft however Total of around 280 (50+140+40+(Additional 50 to be ordered, as per ForceIndia) will be procured/produced/assembled by 2015-2016.

Dassault Mirage 2000--- 51 of them are operational .The fleet of 51 aircraft are to be upgraded to Mirage 2000-5 standards. As of April, 2008, Thales & Dassault are chosen as Upgrade OEMs. Price negotiations and negotiations for missiles may be going on.

BOMBER AIRCRAFT

Jaguar GR-1 Shamser -- 104 + 25 trainer
Jaguar IS and Jaguar IM- 6+4 In all 178, including 20 IS + 17 IT (new builds conform to DARIN-II standards),35 earlier DARIN-1 aircraft lost and had major avionics/systems upgrades completed for 40 older DARIN-I aircraft to DARIN-2, DARIN-3 fit currently being finalized for around 60+ remaining DARIN-I Jaguars. Engine upgrade also being considered for the entire fleet, choice between Honeywell F-125 and uprated Rolls Royce Adour variant.

TOTAL FIGHTER AIRCRAFT AS OF NOW -720

GROUND ATTACK AIRCRAFT

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-27UPG---<100 aircraft Upgrades completed for 40 a/c( Sqdn 10 and 29).The aircraft should remain in service until 2025

AIR TANKER AIRCRAFT

Ilyushin Il-78 MKI-- 6 aircraft In 2003, the IAF ordered 6 IL-78MKI aircraft from Uzbekistan and are fitted with aerial refueling pods from Israel.[12] India took delivery of the tankers in 2004.

FUTURE AIRCRAFT

HAL Tejas---200 20 aircraft Mk1 with F404 engine(16+4) already on order. Plus, reports suggest 8 more two-seaters ordered. A Mk 2 with either F414 or Eurojet engines being developed. Eventually to be inducted from end 2012 onwards, total units expected to be @200 aircraft, including two seat versions for IAF and IN. Aircraft to have around 70% Indian content. Primary aims are to replace MiG-21's & MiG 27's in service. The LCA is to be a light air superiority aircraft with significant multirole capabilities, and in flight refuelling. FOC expected around 2011-12, production to continue till 2020 for a minimum of around seven squadrons in service (@ 200 aircraft ). Reports suggest that the Indian Navy has ordered 8 LCA's for Rs 900cr from HAL in Sept 2009.

MMRCA competition - 126-189----India's Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) programme is to acquire 126 ( + 63 on option) Multi-Role aircraft at an estimated cost of $10.24 Billion; the program may be extended to acquire a total of 189 aircraft. Competitors for the bid include F-16 Falcon IN, JAS-39 Gripen NG, MiG-35, Dassault Rafale, F-18 E/F Super Hornet & the Eurofighter Typhoon. The acquisition will give a significant boost to the IAF and make up for the retirement of its older MiG-21's & MiG-27's .Also lockheed has kept an option for IAF to buy F-35's.

PAK FAGA--- > 150 aircraft .Serious development and funding programme put in place, Reports suggest formal Indo-Russian agreement(HAL-UAC) signed on 23/12/08. First flight of the Russian derivative expected in 2009-10. Being developed from the Russian Su T-50, Tandem-seat variant. Indian Air Force plans for up to 10 Squadrons of the type. Reports suggest that as the Su 30MKI production tapers off in 2015-16, production of the FGFA will start by HAL in 2016 onwards

TRANSPORT AIRCRAFT

Antonov An-32 Cline-- 104 ,15 aircraft crashed/accidents so far. 104 AN-32s will get an upgrade and life extension overhaul from 2009 to 2017,(at a cost of USD$ 397.7/Deal signed with Ukraine on 15/6/09) with an initial lot of 6 a/c being sent to Ukraine and the rest undergoing it at Kanpur BRD. 8 An32's configured for VIP transport. [8] To be replaced by the MRTA.

Ilyushin Il-76 Candid--24 Being Upgraded; 1st Upgraded Il-76 back on 23/3/09.

C-17 Globemaster III- 10 IAF selected the C-17 Globemaster III to fill the role of Very Heavy Lift Transport Aircraft (VHTAC)

C-130J Super Hercules 6 Six ordered for Special Operations. Options for 6 more.

Ilyushin/HAL Tactical Transport Aircraft -- 45 First flight expected in 2011. Irkut has pulled out of the project after an industry realignment and has been replaced by Ilyushin. Total cost of development is 600 million US$. The envisaged requirement is for 100 aircraft for the Russian Air Force, 45+ for the Indian Air Force (IAF) and a projected demand of 60 from third countries. The IAF sees the aircraft as a replacement for its ageing fleet of 60-70 An-32/ and Avro HS 748 aircraft. Planned Specs: Maximum takeoff weight: 55,000 kg, Capacity: 88 to 100 paratroopers/ passengers, Payload: 18.5 tons. The deal was signed in November 2007 during Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's visit to Moscow. Rosoboronexport has now identified Ilyushin Aviation Complex as the new prime nodal agency after Irkut pulled out of the project in March 2008. The development and certification of the new aircraft is expected to be completed within six years

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
AJ shabb what about the MRTT A2A refulling tankers that were listed and the MC-130J's we are also awating the the MMRCA and other aircraft

AJSINGH

hi

guys those who want mig 35 win i just want to say we can buy 50 mig 35 for our nation

but i think raffale is the best plane we can take from this deal

we dont have more time so that we can wait for mig 35

raffale is providing full TOT and can provide a great fire power to our airforce

jai hind
MIG 35 porduction line is not behind the scheduel . 50 MIg 35 wont be ordered . Rafale is good pane too but Mig 35 is better

Global Defence

New threads

Articles