Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

vishnugupt

Country flag
And I don't disagree with any of what you just said, aside from the Rafale bit. Do you know what year he joined? What sort of squadron he was initially posted in? What qualifications him and everyone else needed to get into the Rafale? Not so simple to answer with "nepotism!" now.

This post is what I found weird. How exactly do you know they do/not do any of this stuff? Samosa training, giving pet names, not paying attention to aircraft maintenance. Stop being stupid.
Madam ji, 🙏🙏

I haven't spent my life only talking/discussing women empowerment.

I had managed to spare time to see ground realities.

Once upon a time I was the Bhakt of UN Generals but over the time I managed to figured it out where does fault lie.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Madam ji, 🙏🙏

I haven't spent my life only talking/discussing women empowerment.

I had managed to spare time to see ground realities.

Once upon a time I was the Bhakt of UN Generals but over the time I managed to figured it out where does fault lie.
lol, fuck off. keep your head in globohomo stuff, you're better versed in that

Knowitall

What the Pakis think is none of our business. We should focus on our problems as opposed to contemplating what pakis are thinking.

IAF is not in a position to fight a two front war, to add an insult to the injury, these birds keep on dropping like crazy. Our squadron strength is depleting like anything.
Being able to handle a 2 front war is a meme term used by IAF chiefs who are busy lobbying for foreign maal while our squadron strengthen depletes enough to match pakistan in the next few years.

But who cares about that if IAF can bitch for rafale and get their commissions regularly.

flanker99

Country flag
Being able to handle a 2 front war is a meme term used by IAF chiefs who are busy lobbying for foreign maal while our squadron strengthen depletes enough to match pakistan in the next few years.

But who cares about that if IAF can bitch for rafale and get their commissions regularly.
At this point what other options do they have mk2 is nowhere near ready ...more mk1a wont fulfill the role of a medium jet ....rafale is the only soln r8 now

Knowitall

At this point what other options do they have mk2 is nowhere near ready ...more mk1a wont fulfill the role of a medium jet ....rafale is the only soln r8 now
More mk1a will be enough for Indian to maintain air dominance in most border regions without any fatigue.

This combined with more netras lch luh and air defence systems are good enough to hold both the fronts at the moment.

White Wolf

Country flag

I genuinely believe that PAF had an edge over IAF in 2019 in BVR capabilities, AEW&S, and electronic warfare. Our flankers were white elephant that day. The big@$$ RCS of the flankers coupled with old R-77's put them at a significant disadvantage over F-16's. At the end of the day this is an era of BVR combat and our flankers just can't keep up. To sum it up, we have just 36 rafales which can deal with paki F-16s because as if now our other fighters can't deal with them around that is not a good thing.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I genuinely believe that PAF had an edge over IAF in 2019 in BVR capabilities, AEW&S, and electronic warfare. Our flankers were white elephant that day. The big@$$ RCS of the flankers coupled with old R-77's put them at a significant disadvantage over F-16's. At the end of the day this is an era of BVR combat and our flankers just can't keep up. To sum it up, we have just 36 rafales which can deal with paki F-16s because as if now our other fighters can't deal with them around that is not a good thing.
You are adjudicating the rules of engagement as weaknesses.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

Indian Air Force
@IAF_MCC

·
Follow
Two fighter aircraft of IAF were involved in an accident near Gwalior today morning. The aircraft were on routine operational flying training mission. One of the three pilots involved, sustained fatal injuries. An inquiry has been ordered to determine the cause of the accident.
8:50 PM · Jan 28, 2023

Last edited:

NutCracker

Country flag
Are you stupid? I'm not in the air force. I'm in college right now.

You will learn it in later stage if you tried to get in.
Family background has quite a role in the selection of Armed forces..
It helps avoid recruiting rogue elements , but process reeks of nepotism.

Mj Gaurav Arya in his channel have told such details in subtle ways to make it not look like nepotism.

Last edited:

NutCracker

Country flag
U
I wonder why the a**#oles who protest over "one rank one pension" never protest for better equipment for the forces.

While in service they can't speak anything bcoz of disciplinary issues... why can't they speak post retirement.
Ye danda bhi BJPigs ne khud apne pichwade liya tha.
Ab Na R&D ka paisa hai na CAPEX-OPEX ..

White Wolf

Country flag
You are adjudicating the rules of engagement as weaknesses.
My perspective might not be accurate but there are some tough pills we need to swallow. Lack of good bvr missiles, lack of secure radio link, small fleet of awacs, were some of the very critical do flaws which should have been addressed way earlier. Why do we wait for instances like these to get to our senses.

NutCracker

Country flag
Dont forget easy to jam Passive radar..

another_armchair

Country flag
Where do we stand w.r.t two critical wings which seem inadequate in number for a two front war. These could be stretched in a full blown one-front war.

1. Mid air refulers

2. AWACS / AEW&C assets

flanker99

Country flag
More mk1a will be enough for Indian to maintain air dominance in most border regions without any fatigue.

This combined with more netras lch luh and air defence systems are good enough to hold both the fronts at the moment.
That simply isnt true mk1a loiter time ,payload,ew etc cant never be close to a medium or heavy ...which is why they started development of mk2 in the first place.mk1a is a good mig21 replacement nothing more than that

White Wolf

Country flag
U

Around 55 to 60 percent of the total
U

Around 55 to 60 percent of the total defence budget goes into pensions and salaries. Less than 3 percent goes to R&D. A structural change is badly needed. Agnipath scheme is one such example

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
That simply isnt true mk1a loiter time ,payload,ew etc cant never be close to a medium or heavy ...which is why they started development of mk2 in the first place.mk1a is a good mig21 replacement nothing more than that
Nothing more than that, LoL, during Op Gaganshakti 2018, the LCA Tejas Mk1 performed A2G missions better than even the SEPECAT Jaguar, a dedicated DPSA

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles