Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

SKC

Country flag
Dear clown, there is literally no information available about the incident right now(to us, atleast. The pilots and SOF involved do). You can keep black pilling on the forums, I don't give a fuck if you do so.

However, don't write stuff like this bullshit. Where did you hear that pilots and airmen don't pay attention on aircraft maintenance? Where have you heard that they do samosa training? Do you know what sort of training the IAF pilots do? Where have you heard that there is no professionalism or fairness in IAF?

People do hard work and then get in the forces, especially officers who fly aircraft. Do not just write dumbass things out of nowhere. Things like what you describe happen in banana republics like Iraq or Egypt.
Pehle college clear karle fir batana yahan senior members ko ki kya post karna hai kya nahi!

Gyyan

Country flag
Why is there so much obsession with such high sorties rate with IAF.

I think they have one of the highest test flying and sorties rate in whole world.

We ends up with overfatigue planes and over worked pilots.
You guys.
One of you is complaining about pilots being incompetent another complaining about high sortie rates another one is complaining about veterans protesting for OROP.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Dear clown, there is literally no information available about the incident right now(to us, atleast. The pilots and SOF involved do). You can keep black pilling on the forums, I don't give a fuck if you do so.
Ok madam.

Then tell me anything you know??
What were the reasons of last Su-30mki, Mirage and mig-21 accident??

What was the reason of CDS helicopter crash and what SOPs changes subsequently??

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Sad to hear about the loss of one Pilot.

Jets can be built or bought. Not perturbed at all by the loss of jets.

Looks like high-octane training has gone wrong. Must be preparing for some serious mission.

Accidents happen. There is no need to cast aspersion on IAF training and professionalism.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Ok madam.

Then tell me anything you know??
What were the reasons of last Su-30mki, Mirage and mig-21 accident??

What was the reason of CDS helicopter crash and what SOPs changes subsequently??
Who knows? If you find public, forensic data posted about about why Bipin Rawat's helicopter went down, let me know. If we don't even know what went wrong, what SOP changes are you expecting and in what field? Flying officers or the ground crew?

SKC

Country flag
You guys.
One of you is complaining about pilots being incompetent another complaining about high sortie rates another one is complaining about veterans protesting for OROP.
are we connecting all points to this crash?
My question is in general. Other points are also valid.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Please focus on News updates.

Discussions, we can do later on.

Shuturmurg

Country flag
Indian Airforce: inching towards a Checkmate ♟️

The IAF is one bad news away from a US Checkmate forcing it to buy an American fighter

How I see it?

I don't look at it in economic sense... it's not that without the IAF deal boeing/Lockheed won't survive...

It's the strategic sense... creating Indian dependence on US for military needs... till today we have acquired a variety of equipment from US but govt/IAF has played safe on fighter procurement

How the US is maneuvering to achieve it?

(Yes I am taking the "everything is a conspiracy line")

♟️Check 1. AUKUS: angered the French by snatching the Australian submarine deal... & in consolation asked its pets UAE & Indonesia to go ahead with substantial rafale orders (80+42) booking the production line for next 5+ yrs

♟️Check 2. The most stringent Sanctions on Russia before & after the Ukraine conflict preventing IAF from acquiring aircraft from It's topmost supplier... (the deals for additional mig-29s & sukhois are almost dead)... IAF condition becomes more precarious

♟️Check 3. Not letting PAF lose steam: Support & enhancement package for Paki F-16s last yr

(Another bad news of our own creation... delay in Tejas MK2... I have no doubts somehow they orchestrated all this... delayed fund allocation)

Now sudden news of F-35 offering by Lockheed... earlier Boeing replaced F-18 with F-15 in its offering for IAF

With each of the above events... IAF's situation became thin... it needs fighters today... the only supplier that can now ensure timely deliveries at a higher rate is the USA

(The French will do assembly/manufacturing in India only for a large order... & small repeat orders will take greater than 4 years to begin delivery)

What's next?? CHECKMATE!! ♟️
Atleast have some logic in conspiracy, kuch bhi bake jaa rahe hain.

Check 1 - Indonesia is not US pet (its actually trying to be neutral between china and us), heck even UAE is not full pet . Biden refused F35 to UAE (trump had made some vague promises about f35), Indonesia was contemplating between Su-35 and Rafale, but due to santions on Russia went with Rafale.
Rafale is best non 5th gen fighter jet right now, on top of that unlike US, France doesn't put as much restrictions on its planes, hence there will always be demand.
They are not going to sit waiting for Indian order, fault lies with Indian airforce, babudom and govt.

Check 2- US sanction on Russia would have happened even if India became a vassal of US, that has nothing to do with India.

Check 3 - This part I agree with.

We cannot keep blaming our incompetence on foreign conspiracy all the time.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
I wonder why the a**#oles who protest over "one rank one pension" never protest for better equipment for the forces.

While in service they can't speak anything bcoz of disciplinary issues... why can't they speak post retirement
while in service they do hi hazoori and when they retire they pick sides and start writing columns in newspapers.
When civilians question them they give gyaan that 1000s of officers know better than them.
then they do orop rona on twitter.

after that the end.

Cheepek

DumbPilot

Country flag
This looks like IAF needs to amend it's training procedures?
Does grilling our pilots improve their skills? I hope enough Cost-benefit analysis is done, instead of blindly following legacy decisions.
It is likely that we don't run all our squadrons this ragged. Like the instructors at TACDE probably clock in more hours than a regular Su-30MKI/Tejas pilot, but some squadrons are probably flying more than others(maybe the ones posted near inner India?)

As for why we do so many hours, and do so many exercises with QUAD countries, my guess is that it is due to China. Air power will be one of the deciding factors if any conflict occurs, and for that reason it's a very good deterrent as well(you can put the fear of god in someone if he realizes that you can bomb his cities within half an hour). If our pilots are well-trained and are current with their weapons and tactics in the real world, then that is for the best.

I'm pretty sure they use simulators as well, but you can't match real world on a monitor. I don't exactly understand what happened today with the collision, but I really doubt it is due to over-working pilots, it seems more like a case of low situational awareness. Guess we'll see in the coming months, but I am doubtful that we'll get any exact information regarding what happened when and how, about the crash.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Who knows? If you find public, forensic data posted about about why Bipin Rawat's helicopter went down, let me know. If we don't even know what went wrong, what SOP changes are you expecting and in what field? Flying officers or the ground crew?
If nothing came out in past then why are you advising to wait for investigations and clarification from IAF.

What left for common people except speculations?

Do you think you are defending IAF? No ! You are defending corrupt UN Generals while pilots/foot soldiers are paying the ultimate price.

I know, death is inevitable in some cases but not working to improve the safety and quality also criminal.

What wrong we have demanded?? If Tejas is available then why we are flying Mig-21, if HAL Dhruv is available then why they are flying Cheetah and Chetak? Having something is always better than having nothing or flying outdated machine.

Showing UN generals taking sorties with their son is not a good sign of Professionalism. This respect should be given those who deserve on the ground.

काजल की कोठरी में रहोगे तो मुंह काला तो होगा ही ना।

DumbPilot

Country flag
If nothing came out in past then why are you advising to wait for investigations and clarification from IAF.

What left for common people except speculations?

Do you think you are defending IAF? No ! You are defending corrupt UN Generals while pilots/foot soldiers are paying the ultimate price.

I know, death is inevitable in some cases but not working to improve the safety and quality also criminal.

What wrong we have demanded?? If Tejas is available then why we are flying Mig-21, if HAL Dhruv is available then why they are flying Cheetah and Chetak? Having something is always better than having nothing or flying outdated machine.

Showing UN generals taking sorties with their son is not a good sign of Professionalism. This respect should be given those who deserve on the ground.

काजल की कोठरी में रहोगे तो मुंह काला तो होगा ही ना।
And I don't disagree with any of what you just said, aside from the Rafale bit. Do you know what year he joined? What sort of squadron he was initially posted in? What qualifications him and everyone else needed to get into the Rafale? Not so simple to answer with "nepotism!" now.

If you are son of chief then you will fly best jet of IAF. There is nothing like professionalism or fairness in IAF like Indian judiciary. It totally rotten institute.

Carrom board warriors often do Samosa training. More involved in giving pet names tolly, lolly, Tommy.

Top on that they never pay attention on aircraft maintenance.

Dismantle IAF and attach with Indian Navy.
This post is what I found weird. How exactly do you know they do/not do any of this stuff? Samosa training, giving pet names, not paying attention to aircraft maintenance. Stop being stupid.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles