Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

flanker99

Country flag
No not 100 million... the cost of replacing these 2 jets would be 300+ million... provided that the replacement ever comes

The su-30 would have been in service for atleast 20 more years & the mirage for atleast 10 more years
This is why one must have open production line of atleast 2 types of jets ..yet we are currently producing only tejas.....crashes WILL happen but replacement must come asap

jai jaganath

Country flag
Mirage and Su-30, both being Ace aircrafts of our inventory its really a sad incident.
Are we having incompetent pilots really to have these many crashes.
If you are son of chief then you will fly best jet of IAF. There is nothing like professionalism or fairness in IAF like Indian judiciary. It totally rotten institute.

Carrom board warriors often do Samosa training. More involved in giving pet names tolly, lolly, Tommy.

Top on that they never pay attention on aircraft maintenance.

Dismantle IAF and attach with Indian Navy.

Om Shanti for lost life
It is high time that these IAF generals have their feet pressed to the frying coals. I am getting tired of giving them free passes or soft passes. They need to start answering hard questions.
All I can see is that our pilots are not trained up to the mark
That's the point
No sane nations are having crashes just like ours is only bcoz they have better trained pilots with professionalism
Yeah another point is lack of professionalism
This has left iaf for nearly 2-3 decades
Exactly similar case to our sf
Nothing else
U give them 1000s of jets they can't do anything if they are not well trained and lack professionalism
Forgive me for my harsh words but fact is fact

DumbPilot

Country flag
If you are son of chief then you will fly best jet of IAF. There is nothing like professionalism or fairness in IAF like Indian judiciary. It totally rotten institute.

Carrom board warriors often do Samosa training. More involved in giving pet names tolly, lolly, Tommy.
Who told you that?

Government and armed forces are one of the fairest job opportunities in the entire country.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Was this some kind of a cyber attack? Multiple planes losing control simultaneously.

Blademaster

I do not know whether to accept these or not. After all CHina is mass producing J-22s and J-35s and AMCA is nowhere in sight. We would only accept them if we can ensure that there is no satellite link between the F35 to some base in Ohio tracking every movement and every detail. Operational security will not be compromised.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Don't be stupid.. have you ever talked with an actual officer from the government or from the armed forces? The selection process is not nepotistic. People online can say what they like, but I have talked to such officers personally - ask any former or currently serving officer for the same, and they will reply that too.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Don't be stupid.. have you ever talked with an actual officer from the government or from the armed forces? The selection process is not nepotistic. People online can say what they like, but I have talked to such officers personally - ask any former or currently serving officer for the same, and they will reply that too.
The context was the aftermath of the Feb dogfights. People argued Abhi could triumph if he wasn't flying a dinosaur. And in a short while after IAF chief flies with his son in a Rafale. Leading people to criticize that the IAF was fine with flying Mig-21 but the chief's son flies the latest best.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles