Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Knowitall

While I'll wait for the news before forming further conclusions there is no doubt in my mind that an airforce that still runs jaguars Mig-21s mirage etc while constantly begging for jets in public is simply not serious about national security.

What IAF is really serious about is filling their pockets through scams and enriching their people national security be damned.

From post balakot incident to the crash that killed bipin rawat they have turned what is supposed to be the future of warfare into a clown circus.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
We do operate American aircraft already C-17, C-130, Apache, P8i .how bad can it be?
The F-35 is special. It has a constant uplink with Lockheed's servers in Ohio. American's can track every F-35 in IAF service 24/7, see what it is being used for, how it is used, what it is used with, where it is right now; all in realtime. And if they feel like it they have a handy kill switch that disables the satellite uplink and the networking capabilities, and much more. Basically rendering the aircraft useless. It's bad. The earlier purchases didn't come with these caveats, and we were even allowed to customize them as we wanted, the P8 and the Romeos particularly. But America won't allow India to modify the F-35 in any way. Only Israelis have that special right.

Knowitall

Now i understand that there might a requirement for additional rafales and there is genuinely a need to have those jets but when you can see that the govt is having difficulty allocating funds for it why would you not have a plan B.

Look at the Indian Navy once they realised that the govt couldn't keep buying warships for them they decided to build their own instead of doing constant RR while fiddling their thumbs.

Forget rafale no induction of LUH LCH why??
Wo hi chetak udalo jab tak 20 tudke na hojaye.

What kind of buffoonery is this

DumbPilot

Country flag
Likely mid-air collision, one fell in Bharatpur one in Monera.
Mid-air sounds a bit weird considering safety bubbles that you don't violate. Perhaps the cirumstances behind it are something like this(i.e unintentionally crashing, lack of SA, reaction time problems)? It certainly fits the DACT criteria:

I suppose we can only speculate for now. We don't even know if it was truly a head on, or what sort of stuff they were doing

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Country flag
Feels m-2000 pilot is no more
As constantly news coming that 2 rescued and 1 being searched

susilk

Country flag
I hope IAF learns the lessons and doesn't make a Rafale crash.

another_armchair

Country flag
Conflicting reports from Bharatpur.

Unable to confirm if its an Army helicopter, a charted plane or a fighter jet.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles