Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

flanker99

Country flag
Good news bhi hai mitron
He also claimed atleast 1 mk2 unit will be rolled out late this year or early next year...says left over funds were enough to produce this one but will take time to produce more units..lets see what AI holds in store ...if bad news comes ill go to lm or saab to look for sponsorship

jai jaganath

Country flag
He also claimed atleast 1 mk2 unit will be rolled out late this year or early next year...says left over funds were enough to produce this one but will take time to produce more units..lets see what AI holds in store ...if bad news comes ill go to lm or saab to look for sponsorship
Yes after mk2 fiasco I have lost all trust from saurav jha
He was the main journalist who was propagating the mk2 being built theory

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
A big no on F-35. It's operation and maintenance cost will make the Su-30s look dirt cheap. Also all the strings attached while using a high tech American equipment starting from 'technicians' in IAF bases

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
We do operate American aircraft already C-17, C-130, Apache, P8i .how bad can it be?
Depends upon the agreement
If murica allows us to install our own communication system and indigenous bombs and missiles it shouldn't be that bad

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
Indian Airforce: inching towards a Checkmate ♟️

The IAF is one bad news away from a US Checkmate forcing it to buy an American fighter

How I see it?

I don't look at it in economic sense... it's not that without the IAF deal boeing/Lockheed won't survive...

It's the strategic sense... creating Indian dependence on US for military needs... till today we have acquired a variety of equipment from US but govt/IAF has played safe on fighter procurement

How the US is maneuvering to achieve it?

(Yes I am taking the "everything is a conspiracy line")

♟️Check 1. AUKUS: angered the French by snatching the Australian submarine deal... & in consolation asked its pets UAE & Indonesia to go ahead with substantial rafale orders (80+42) booking the production line for next 5+ yrs

♟️Check 2. The most stringent Sanctions on Russia before & after the Ukraine conflict preventing IAF from acquiring aircraft from It's topmost supplier... (the deals for additional mig-29s & sukhois are almost dead)... IAF condition becomes more precarious

♟️Check 3. Not letting PAF lose steam: Support & enhancement package for Paki F-16s last yr

(Another bad news of our own creation... delay in Tejas MK2... I have no doubts somehow they orchestrated all this... delayed fund allocation)

Now sudden news of F-35 offering by Lockheed... earlier Boeing replaced F-18 with F-15 in its offering for IAF

With each of the above events... IAF's situation became thin... it needs fighters today... the only supplier that can now ensure timely deliveries at a higher rate is the USA

(The French will do assembly/manufacturing in India only for a large order... & small repeat orders will take greater than 4 years to begin delivery)

What's next?? CHECKMATE!! ♟️

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Country flag
Indian Airforce: inching towards a Checkmate ♟️

The IAF is one bad news away from a US Checkmate forcing it to buy an American fighter

How I see it?

I don't look at it in economic sense... it's not that without the IAF deal boeing/Lockheed won't survive...

It's the strategic sense... creating Indian dependence on US for military needs... till today we have acquired a variety of equipment from US but govt/IAF has played safe on fighter procurement

How the US is maneuvering to achieve it?

(Yes I am taking the "everything is a conspiracy line")

♟️Check 1. AUKUS: angered the French by snatching the Australian submarine deal... & in consolation asked its pets UAE & Indonesia to go ahead with substantial rafale orders (80+42) booking the production line for next 5+ yrs

♟️Check 2. The most stringent Sanctions on Russia before & after the Ukraine conflict preventing IAF from acquiring aircraft from It's topmost supplier... (the deals for additional mig-29s & sukhois are almost dead)... IAF condition becomes more precarious

♟️Check 3. Not letting PAF lose steam: Support & enhancement package for Paki F-16s last yr

(Another bad news of our own creation... delay in Tejas MK2... I have no doubts somehow they orchestrated all this... delayed fund allocation)

Now sudden news of F-35 offering by Lockheed... earlier Boeing replaced F-18 with F-15 in its offering for IAF

With each of the above events... IAF's situation became thin... it needs fighters today... the only supplier that can now ensure timely deliveries at a higher rate is the USA

(The French will do assembly/manufacturing in India only for a large order... & small repeat orders will take greater than 4 years to begin delivery)

What's next?? CHECKMATE!! ♟️
I don't care anymore if it's checkmate or not
What I know bro is enemy is sitting on our fence and we fighters who can provide it go ahead

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles