Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

vishnugupt

Country flag
Anyone aware of this? Very interesting. SIngapore air force did some penetration testing to evaluate air defenses over West Bengal. F-16 Successfully penetrated and flew low over populated areas of Kolkata.
Check if narrator belongs to Liberandu-Sickulars Gl0b0h0m0s community??Because no one else could be so stupid to believe this BS.

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
US and UK still don't use drones for daily QRA duties. Has to be a very good reason. My guess is everyone wants eyeball confirmation of something you may have to directly shoot at.
eyeball vs radars/IR. Even for eyeball, we can simply use the camera on drones no?

Blademaster

eyeball vs radars/IR. Even for eyeball, we can simply use the camera on drones no?
Problem is that the eye on the camera in the drone is not too stable and does not translate into full integration of information assimilation. For some reasons unknown to me, the Mk 1 eyeball does a better job of translating video data into coherent information processing and assimilation than watching a video on camera. Which means it has a huge impact on instantaneous decision making paradigm.

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
Problem is that the eye on the camera in the drone is not too stable and does not translate into full integration of information assimilation. For some reasons unknown to me, the Mk 1 eyeball does a better job of translating video data into coherent information processing and assimilation than watching a video on camera. Which means it has a huge impact on instantaneous decision making paradigm.
By drone, I mean something like Ghatak or MALE/HALE. They should be stable enough and the resolution should also be pretty good. With cameras in 3D, we should be able to project the 3D cameras into VR and the "pilot" on ground can wear the VR helmet. Basically what we are already doing with the DASH helmets but also some realtime video.

Only issue I see is the latency but for everyday recce operations, it should be good enough.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Anyone aware of this? Very interesting. SIngapore air force did some penetration testing to evaluate air defenses over West Bengal. F-16 Successfully penetrated and flew low over populated areas of Kolkata.
Massive bullshit. A joint exercise between IAF and RSAF was taking part over Kalaikunda - Kolkata area. As usual sensational story is being spun off to attract audience.

Super falcon

Country flag
Indian mrsam or qrsam are based on buk systems but Pakistani LY 80 is far more capable than both of these in terms of technology they are develop
LY 80 are operationsal and few Indian sources quoted they are facing spare issues spoke to reliable source they have no such issues this is why army choose long range HQ 9p from china for interested air defense umbrella

karn

Country flag
Indian mrsam or qrsam are based on buk systems but Pakistani LY 80 is far more capable than both of these in terms of technology they are develop
LY 80 are operationsal and few Indian sources quoted they are facing spare issues spoke to reliable source they have no such issues this is why army choose long range HQ 9p from china for interested air defense umbrella

The irony ... Its the LY 80 and buk that have semi active homing while MRSAM and QRSAM both have active seekers .. You can compare the LY 80 export to the original Akash missile.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles