Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 189628
So order more Tejas Mk1A ? Maybe another 1-2 Su30 squadrons ? nah fam we want French :bplease:
ADA needs to finish Tejas Mk-2 development fast and fly an LSP bird, that should apply enough pressure to shop local.
We can't go like kai
ADA is govt organization and will work like the it does pressuring it will give no value as they never experienced it
It will make things worse for them as they don't have a better mindset
And pls to those who cry privatization blah blah they can't achieve anything without screw driver
So what we have is the last option so jo chal raha hai woh chalega

vishnugupt

Country flag
We can't go like kai
ADA is govt organization and will work like the it does pressuring it will give no value as they never experienced it
It will make things worse for them as they don't have a better mindset
And pls to those who cry privatization blah blah they can't achieve anything without screw driver
So what we have is the last option so jo chal raha hai woh chalega
Have you ever talked to DRDO or MOD people regarding attitude of UN Generals?? Try to watch some panels discussion on YouTube.

Everyone in DRDO/PSUs now firmly believe no matter how good you work for UN Generals in the end they will reject it without showing a iota of shame.

So Now nobody actually give a shit what our UN Generals says or demand. Because they know working proactively will be suicidal.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Have you ever talked to DRDO or MOD people regarding attitude of UN Generals?? Try to watch some panels discussion on YouTube.

Everyone in DRDO/PSUs now firmly believe no matter how good you work for UN Generals in the end they will reject it without showing a iota of shame.

So Now nobody actually give a shit what our UN Generals says or demand. Because they know working proactively will be suicidal.
I am not questioning drdo or ADA but stating few constraints psu experience
Moreover I have never denied the blunders of govt and forces and majorly hate of forces towards indigenous equipments

NutCracker

Country flag
View attachment 189628
So order more Tejas Mk1A ? Maybe another 1-2 Su30 squadrons ? nah fam we want French :bplease:
ADA needs to finish Tejas Mk-2 development fast and fly an LSP bird, that should apply enough pressure to shop local.
5-6 sqdrn short timeframe me to French b nhi de payenge. Inko mixed indigenous ka order Dena padega.

vishnugupt

Country flag
I am not questioning drdo or ADA but stating few constraints psu experience
Moreover I have never denied the blunders of govt and forces and majorly hate of forces towards indigenous equipments
Agree.

And I am also not saying DRDO or PSUs are very efficient institutions but nonetheless sufficient for us.

UN Generals are like Duryodhana, none can satisfy them.

I am 100% sure there must be something extra demand added by UN Generals which led delay of MWF for 2 years.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Agree.

And I am also not saying DRDO or PSUs are very efficient institutions but nonetheless sufficient for us.

UN Generals are like Duryodhana, none can satisfy them.

I am 100% sure there must be something extra demand added by UN Generals which led delay of MWF for 2 years.
No bro cdr was completed but ccs released funds after 1.5 years
This much I know
Anyway even govt has its own share of blunder
So project has been delayed to 2030

johnj

View attachment 189628
Clear 80 additional mk1a asap and HAL add/set up one more production line. Rest irreverent & nonsense - for ex. mki- russia busy due to war, rafale- production line is full for 3~4 years, rest - take more time to conclude the deal.

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
Any other reasons beside those? Even males during capture are not treated very well..
Sirji, females are treated worse than males. Imagine Nirbhaya but 10x. Our society simply isn't in a position to even consider such a thing happening and for good measure.

On the other hand, look at it like this,
A video of a woman being tortured will be a very potent casus belli. GoI will not have a choice but to go to war.
Bruh..... we have the casus belli to go to war even now. This extreme event is unnecessary.

There will be no aman ke asha folks. The public opinion will boil.
Aman ki asha folks will sell their mother and even then they will not listen. If 1000 years worth of history didn't teach them, nothing will.

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
Ah...damn I wrote wait the worth😂😂😂
Anyway @NoobWannaLearn

The ongoing conflicts have shown that drones have become a cheap and effective bulk tool of surveillance and air attack. Against this backdrop, what is the direction of the IAF’s modernisation?
A The IAF is aware of the role of unmanned systems in future warfare and has initiated programmes to develop and integrate niche technologies related to unmanned systems. In addition to the development of HALE/MALE (high-altitude long endurance, medium-altitude long endurance), the IAF is also developing unmanned systems in collaboration with the private industry. These programmes include Manned Unmanned Teaming (MUM-T), Air Launched Flexible Asset-Swarm (ALFA-S) and Tactical Interdiction & Attack Air Vehicle (TIA-AV 50). The IAF has prepared a roadmap for induction of RPAs (remotely piloted aircraft) to meet both the short- and long-term operational requirements. The plan includes various types of systems ranging from small drones and counter drone systems to the MALE & HALE class of RPAs along with a weapon delivery capability.
Can we consider a hybrid squadron where maybe 70% of the actual strength is normal squadron and the rest 30% is fulfilled by drones? Should alleviate atleast some of the pressure. The drones can take up daily sorties. We will require less actual fighter planes when doing another balakot. Does it make sense to do so? Am I missing something.

skunk works

Country flag
Can we consider a hybrid squadron where maybe 70% of the actual strength is normal squadron and the rest 30% is fulfilled by drones? Should alleviate atleast some of the pressure. The drones can take up daily sorties. We will require less actual fighter planes when doing another balakot. Does it make sense to do so? Am I missing something.
US and UK still don't use drones for daily QRA duties. Has to be a very good reason. My guess is everyone wants eyeball confirmation of something you may have to directly shoot at.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles