Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
That's because the mission profile in Ukraine doesn't require it's use. The Su-57 was designed for air superiority hence the PAK-FA designation. Plus NATO airborn intel assets are watching everything wide awake and Russians are bracing for eventual direct involvement of NATO forces. Also the fact that they only built a squadron's worth of Su-57s doesn't help either.
True.
It would've also rescued us from mrfa circus due to lack of funds and development of orca would be there.
Regarding the su30 replacement there are no plans,mod will wake up once it becomes flying coffine from next decade, upgrading is not enough we will need a replacement

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Dropping the FGFA was one of the wisest decisions that the IAF took, despite the sunk cost of $270 million. That program is genuinely going nowhere. Russia is hesitant to even use the Su-57 in the Ukrainian theater for fears of a massive PR embarrassment. Despite the fact that the Ukrainian theater is the perfect lab to hone and finetune the Su-57 and taste combat.
I've always considered su57 as 4.5 gen aircraft with internal weapons bay and heavily armed ew, sensors.
It would outperform anything we have in current inventory

MirageBlue

Country flag
That's because the mission profile in Ukraine doesn't require it's use. The Su-57 was designed for air superiority hence the PAK-FA designation. Plus NATO airborn intel assets are watching everything wide awake and Russians are bracing for eventual direct involvement of NATO forces. Also the fact that they only built a squadron's worth of Su-57s doesn't help either.
The mission profile in Ukraine requires the RuAF to keep the UkAF at bay so that they can't harass SAM batteries or ground forces with HARMs or weapons. To say that a fighter designed for air superiority is not required in such a case is to say that the Russians don't require air superiority over Eastern Ukraine, which is simply not true.

The number of Su-30s and Su-35s that are taking on this role which the Su-57 should ideally be able to take on and do a better job of, indicates how immature it is and that is why the reluctance to put it into such a role.

MirageBlue

Country flag
True.
It would've also rescued us from mrfa circus due to lack of funds and development of orca would be there.
Regarding the su30 replacement there are no plans,mod will wake up once it becomes flying coffine from next decade, upgrading is not enough we will need a replacement
Don't use rubbish terms like "Flying coffin". They reflect a complete lack of understanding of the MiG-21 and it's overall impact on the IAF and how it was used in all sorts of roles it was never designed for.

The Su-30MKI has a very good safety record considering the size of it's fleet and how many flight hours the Su-30MKI fleet must be putting in each year.

Put simply, the Su-30MKI needs electronic upgrades and not a replacement, for the next 2 decades comfortably. As the MKI fleet ages and issues arise, suitable fixes will be found, the IAF and HAL are more than capable of that.

FGFA wouldn't have rescued us from the MRFA circus, it would've become a disaster. The IAF had ZERO say in it's design and from whatever little data was shared, they were not happy with it.

Simply put, there is no other 5th gen design with underslung engines and there is a good reason for that.

NutCracker

Country flag
True.

Flying coffin ?? Next decade ??
Su30 will easily serve till 2050 . mission Computers are upgraded , might get Upscaled AESA soon.
US and China both have hundreds of jets in 4.5 gen bomb truck category.

Gyyan

Country flag
Flying coffin ?? Next decade ??
Su30 will easily serve till 2050 . mission Computers are upgraded , might get Upscaled AESA soon.
US and China both have hundreds of jets in 4.5 gen bomb truck category.
Not just bomb truck category they are using for interception too.
The j10 is going for a D upgrade f16s with now V upgrades are going to stay there for quite a while.
There is not only china and US in the world the majority of powers use a larger portion of 4.5 gen aircraft. 4.5 gens are going to stay relevant for long due to their cheap cost and maintenance compared to FGFAs.
Idea would be reducing rcs as much as possible while lowering the cost maintenance as much as possible.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

DumbPilot

Country flag

Armed forces should quit wokeness and remove women from frontline combat roles. Transport pilots and ground services are okay, but pushing them for fighter pilot is a disaster in making.
Why?

DumbPilot

Country flag
Imagine a captured female pilot in place of Abhinandan..
During war capturing and being captured is normal phenomena, and mainstreaming women in front line is disasterous,.
Any other reasons beside those? Even males during capture are not treated very well..

Capability wise I don't see any difference in being a pilot between women and men. Women are actually able to pull Gs much better due to having a shorter height on average, and academic/practical syllabus is not a problem to cover.

The only issue that I can see is the problem of piddle packs, i.e when women need to excrete in combat.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Do I really need to spell it out for you?

In a war, male PoWs, if fortunate enough, get tortured instead of killed. Female PoWs are raped and tortured, before being killed.

Remember how our countrymen (including kids on this forum) squeamed and pissed their pants seeing captured Abhinandan bloodied and roughed-up? Now imagine this with a female fighter pilot. UN and the whole world will naturally look to the other side if Pakistan does it.

Any other reasons beside those? Even males during capture are not treated very well..
There have been studies that show the female's body undergoes soft-tissue damage and reproductory health issues due to high Gs, and are unfit for a long-term fighter pilot career. I searched up the article and studies and to my surprise, these researches seem to have been trashed (wokeness wins, again).

There were other issues mentioned I remember, like long maternity leaves and post-maternity complications, which often grounds them for good.

vishnugupt

Country flag

Capability wise I don't see any difference in being a pilot between women and men. Women are actually able to pull Gs much better due to having a shorter height on average, and academic/practical syllabus is not a problem to cover.

The only issue that I can see is the problem of piddle packs, i.e when women need to excrete in combat.
It says everything when you are more worried about Piddle packs rather being taken POW. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I am sure you are a women and congratulations, LGBTisation of UN armed forces has been completed.

I ask you one question? Are you comfortable to change dresses including undergarments when male soldiers also walking naked?
Are you OK to do that?

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
It says everything when you are more worried about Piddle packs rather being taken POW. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I am sure you are a women and congratulations, LGBTisation of UN armed forces has been completed.

I ask you one question? Are you comfortable to change dresses including undergarments when male soldiers also walking naked?
Are you OK to do that?
Bhai sahab, aadmi to tauliya leke kacche badal leve hai .
Koi Khaas chinta na , bashrte unit me koi asal ka khusraa na ho
Tab aapko savdhan Rehne ki jarurrat hai . Hahaha
Aur fir bsf walon ne deploy kiye the female border guards ko pakistan side IB pr.
Unka wahiyat aur ghinona propaganda ( aap siyane hain , samajh gaye honge ji )
Chalu hogya radio aur loud speakers pe.
Aaj bhi koi bhi border violation ki clip dekhen aap to bataien bas ek example bataein jaha females 105mm artillery daag rahi hain .?
Mere mutabik ye sab ek pr se adhik kuch nai hai

Last edited:

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

Brother, a male's body has no shame .
But a females highest asset is her " jismani izzat " .
If a woman is taken a POW, by Pakistanis then what they will do to her , I do not need to elaborate .

It will haunt people, one just cannot bring himself to see his nations woman violated by the enemy during war .
Just try to understand it , for heavens sake .
Let these ladies operate Air force Air defences and act in ground based operations .
They can act as airwoman too, iam all for it .fixing planes and weapons to the aircraft.

I just wish that our women are not put directly in harms way, when millions of men are there.
Russia or Germany they both had to use female soldiers out of necessity .
And not due to some equality agenda.
If Russia had access to a manpower reserve like ours, women would have stayed back like always .
The other allies used them in ammunition factories and other stuff where they were not facing the enemy directly.

DumbPilot

Country flag

Are you OK to do that?
1673093104850.png

This is Steve. He's disappointed in you after reading your reply. Be better

vishnugupt

Country flag
View attachment 188650

This is Steve. He's disappointed in you after reading your reply. Be better
Hahaha... Your knowledge about military is well known on this forum on Ukraine -Russia war thread.

Above words are from Former CDS ViRa. Where he gave example of American female soldiers who change clothes and take shower with male soldiers and Indian society not ready for it.

This culture will make Indian forces like private company office where every next day allegations of harrasment coming out.

Military is not the experimental laboratory of Gl0b0h0m0s.

Imagine you are deployed in trenches for months and every morning you have start an assault on enemy just to make sure your female soldiers can take shit 50 meter behind the trench.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Hahaha... Your knowledge about military is well known on this forum on Ukraine -Russia war thread.

Above words are from Former CDS ViRa. Where he gave example of American female soldiers who change clothes and take shower with male soldiers and Indian society not ready for it.

This culture will make Indian forces like private company office where every next day allegations of harrasment coming out.

Military is not the experimental laboratory of Gl0b0h0m0s.

Imagine you are deployed in trenches for months and every morning you have start an assault on enemy just to make sure your female soldiers can take shit 50 meter behind the trench.
Don't be stupid, man. Where is this talk of "change your clothes in front of males" coming from? We're talking about the air force, have you seen dudes changing their stuff in front of each other in the air force?

vishnugupt

Country flag
Don't be stupid, man. Where is this talk of "change your clothes in front of males" coming from? We're talking about the air force, have you seen dudes changing their stuff in front of each other in the air force?
You are stupid for sure. You believe air force bases will retain luxury even in war.

Air force doesn't mean only pilot.

There are air bases and make shift air strips where air forces have to operate. Even from enemy lands.

You are duplicate account of Dark Sorrow. You are a women 100%, unable to grasp full picture and devoured by feminism.

DumbPilot

Country flag
There are air bases and make shift air strips where air forces have to operate. Even from enemy lands.
These two sentences makes to me pretty clear that you have no idea how modern air forces work. 👍

Let's discuss on more productive matters from now on, instead of thinking about how people of different genders take a bath together.

vishnugupt

Country flag
These two sentences makes to me pretty clear that you have no idea how modern air forces work. 👍

Let's discuss on more productive matters from now on, instead of thinking about how people of different genders take a bath together.
How modern air forces work?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My question was worth of discussion there was nothing wrong in question.

But we all know you are simply incapable of indulging into fruitful discussion.
@temujin

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles