Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Finally some sane Decision.

C-295 will replace the Avro and AN-32 Fleet. So, we have some standardization of Cargo Fleet.
C-295
C-130 Hercules
C-17 and IL-76.

If possible, we can collaborate with Embraer for C-390 which will help to complement the Hercules fleet or simply we can get sufficient amount of Hercules.
Same company makes a400 aircraft it can replace all il76

swapcv

Country flag
Can't, mainly due to, Expensive, 40T cargo vs 50~60T cargo, Phalcon, il78, sanctions.
the Il-76TD in our service only manages 46-48t of cargo carrying capacity. Il-76MD-90 is not going to happen and thus, the A400M might simply emerge as the best contender if there was even a competition held.

johnj

the Il-76TD in our service only manages 46-48t of cargo carrying capacity. Il-76MD-90 is not going to happen and thus, the A400M might simply emerge as the best contender if there was even a competition held.
Not happening due to multiple factors, not only due to cargo. So again - expensive, Phalcon, il78, sanctions.
IAF consider upgrading current ones into latest versions including il76td, phalcons, il78. Inorder to replace il76, GoI needed to replace phalcons, il78 first.

_merlin_

Country flag
Finally some sane Decision.

C-295 will replace the Avro and AN-32 Fleet. So, we have some standardization of Cargo Fleet.
C-295
C-130 Hercules
C-17 and IL-76.

If possible, we can collaborate with Embraer for C-390 which will help to complement the Hercules fleet or simply we can get sufficient amount of Hercules.
Considering. Decision has not been taken on that.

C-130 was not brought as a transporter although we are also using it like that.

johnj

My intuition says we may see a sudden deal for Navy + IAF(54) Rafale next yr...

This would be a trap for pappu & gang to focus their energies again on Rafale "scam" like 2019... & public won't pay heed like last time.
How ?? What happened to make in India ?? Make in india - how ??
May be 36 iaf rafale[follow on] & 26 in rafale with out make in india and at the end dassault sell 98 jets without sharing any tech[huge victory for french, from 18+tot to 98-tot]. The deal happen after 2024, if NDA remains in power.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
You are not getting my point bcoz u may not have idea of the political chessboard here

Any cost is small to win 2024.
Samjha gaya mai, lekin these generals need saddam like bosses .
Tab inki aql thikane aaye gi .
Hal bhi to date badha rahi hai , mai kehta hu
Apka wala suggestion military follow karle , 54 rafale ka , emergency procurement ke under me aur tejas mk2 ko mrfa designate karde

johnj

You are not getting my point bcoz u may not have idea of the political chessboard here
Any cost is small to win 2024.
Political chessboard ?? what political chessboard ?? if there is no rafale deal, zero issue to BJP, and if there is, UPA only needed to fund foreign papers to write corruption allegations. If you consider political chessboard, BJP spend those 15~20 bi$ into freebies.
Here I'm not considering political chessboard, but reality, the time required to complete a deal & last time BJP fast traced a deal, it end up in court. Here IAF asking for 114 jets & IN only selected jets, now IN need modifications and price negotiation etc take 2 years.
Buying 36 iaf jets can happen with in a year.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles