Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

skunk works

Country flag
I.D the bird.. ( atleast 2 km up or may be more. Just caught a glimpse just now while watering my rooftop plants)

View attachment 182703

View attachment 182704
I don't know I might be thinking too much on this (I love these Spotting threads) but-
1. If that wing is an optical illusion then it could be a normal twinjet- A320 or 737.
2. If not then that wing reminds me of how high-placed wings (like on an IL-76) always look more swept back from this angle. It's obviously a twin jet because of the contrails. However when you think of high-wing twinjet monoplane with swept wings, I don't know of a lot of examples- specially anything that would he flying around India.

Wisemarko

Country flag
I can't believe they are still flogging this dead horse
Do you know the size of the current order-book for F-16? The estimated value of future orders is $50 billion. With resurgent market for 4th generation fighters, F-16 and others will see considerable demand. In its current avatar, F-16 can outclass majority of potential adversaries. It already has excellent engine, best radar in class and latest avionics. With future integration of AIM-260, its lethality is only going to increase.

Last edited:

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag
I don't know I might be thinking too much on this (I love these Spotting threads) but-
1. If that wing is an optical illusion then it could be a normal twinjet- A320 or 737.
2. If not then that wing reminds me of how high-placed wings (like on an IL-76) always look more swept back from this angle. It's obviously a twin jet because of the contrails. However when you think of high-wing twinjet monoplane with swept wings, I don't know of a lot of examples- specially anything that would he flying around India.
might be Mig-27 ( as Kalaikunda Airbase is near to my town), but twin contrails!?, and I guess Mig-27 has been decommissioned already), matches unusual long fuselage, swept wing to backward,. It was unusually fast- than IL-76/ or any commercial turbofan though, passed total horizon to horizon in less than 3 to 4 min( at that height). That made me curious, but no sonic boom, so subsonic speed conformed( actually no sound at all ), .
kudos to my potato phone.. :crying:
There is no commercial flying route aparently through area or near by area( we find only military ones here regularity- 3 to 5 times a day).

jai jaganath

Country flag
When are they gonna end this shit of mmrca
Squadron strength is going all time low
Any sense full and practical force would have done something by now but no except cry they aren't doing anything as if rone se sab kuch miljayega
Further delaye in in this process will be disastrous
Typical peacetime generals

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Great to see Tejas being finally accepted as a mainstream jet in IAF, every ex- we are fielding it. Hopefully, we will see some Mk1As being sent to Ex. Red Flag next year instead of Flankers.

Looks like Mig 29 is running on Crude oil.
Classic Soviet engineering doctrine, fuel efficiency is zero but it will probably work using sunflower oil as well.

Is the middle smoke trail in 3rd pic from jaguar or Tejas?
Jags, GE F404 burns cleaner than a gas stove.

Super falcon

Country flag
Indian airforce looking to procure modified next get varient of ISTAR from USA for indian airforce EW missions

There is why India not opting for Israeli Electronic jamming aircraft such as ELW 2085 which is superior than any EW aircraft today and Israeli EW system can be compatible with Israeli phalcon awacs and with Israeli air defence systems which India operates will have combined better outcome perfomance than these I STARS

DumbPilot

Country flag
I don't know if this constitutes as OT, because this is surprisingly very realistic. From Mausam(2011), pre-brief scene of the 4ship Mirage-2000s:

Check out the whiteboard behind him. That's a very Westernized briefing template that's also used on flight kneeboards. It has the TCN codes, BINGO/JOKER values, everything the pilot needs - and with very accurate to life terminology.

1669027034252.png

1669027431897.png

Coordination.jpg

DataCard.jpg

My guess is that someone from the IAF made that brief chart. Very nice to see how they operate, even if only through a movie.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Looks like Mig 29 is running on Crude oil.
Have you been to a airbase?
I have for 4 long years. Jamnagar AFS , it housed jags and mig 29 along with occasional mirage
Every time a mig 29 took off , it released a black plume behind it. We always thought " aaj to pakka girega" it seemed like a broken car to us to be honest.
They flew low. We could even see engines starting their afterburner
@binayak95.

Gyyan

Country flag
It's fishy af.
The first one is from idrw they posted something on my take and the other one is from a YouTube video that was uploaded today evening look how the wording is completely similar in both of them I have seen similar how the mrfa is needed and fast type articles very frequently these days.

Screenshot_2022-11-21-17-19-32-935_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-21-17-11-44-112_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Gyyan

Country flag
It's fishy af.
The first one is from idrw they posted something on my take and the other one is from a YouTube video that was uploaded today evening look how the wording is completely similar in both of them I have seen similar how the mrfa is needed and fast type articles very frequently these days.

View attachment 183196

View attachment 183197
This is the correct screen shot of idrw

Screenshot_2022-11-21-21-28-30-747_com.android.chrome.jpg

jai jaganath

Country flag
It's fishy af.

View attachment 183196

View attachment 183197
Nothing is fishy bro
It's the peace time attitude of iaf
The way porkies acquiring j-10ce it seems in next 3-4 years they will have same no of squadrons as ours

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles