Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

vishnugupt

Country flag
More reasons for us to keep a fleet of 6+ squardon of Rafales now. Rafales will offset any immediate advantage of PAF.
If we don’t order at least 36 more Rafale, 2030s gonna be the decade we will face a massive defeat.

This govt. Is not performing any better than criminally incompetent UPA govt.
Can you imagine the beauty of our United nation armed forces ?
Russia with 80 billion dollar budget is holding 2/3 of world military power by their balls while UN armed forces struggling to induct Artillery guns. In fact begging door to door.

This is the difference between being visionary army and a cry baby.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Russia with 80 billion dollar budget is holding 2/3 of world military power by their balls while UN armed forces struggling to induct Artillery guns. In fact begging door to door.

Let's do this fight another day. Your comparison is not correct by the way, most of the Russian equipment is outdated and old, from the Soviet era.

Also 2/3rds of world military power, just Ukraine.

mokoman

Country flag

i think IAF operates aircraft/uavs from something like 13 countries.

we should buy some decommissioned aircraft from China and Pakistan to make count 15

i think even PAF is better in this regard , they put what little money they get from begging to good use.

thebakofbakchod

For porkistan our current AF is enough but for China, I am not even joking when I say that by 2025 they can actually enforce a partial no fly zone over large parts of the country. Their j20 production rate is allegedly around 50, so by 2025 they will have more J-20s than we have 4th gen aircrafts. Meanwhile the Tejas MK2 keeps getting delayed

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
These all are reactionary purchase so the ball will always lie in our court. With the sustained economic and CAPEX growth, we shouldn't worry about failed bankrupt state which is on the verge on explosion, let them purchase it will further put strain on their budget.
Turks don't have radar ready ,nor EOTS

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Turks don't have radar ready ,nor EOTS
whatever but pakis are upgrading their naval, infantry, airforce at very rapid pace.

they are acquiring so much in puny budget that seems fishy, Most probably they are getting fundz from chinks.

and here we are crying for induction of atags or bharat 52 and the lhd are stuck from more than 1 decade, mmrca is also stuck.

imo there is dire need of reforms in our induction procedure :fyeah:

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
whatever but pakis are upgrading their naval, infantry, airforce at very rapid pace.

they are acquiring so much in puny budget that seems fishy, Most probably they are getting fundz from chinks.

and here we are crying for induction of atags or bharat 52 and the lhd are stuck from more than 1 decade, mmrca is also stuck.

Basically Chinese are expanding their area of operation , and regarding porks , they are a sinking ship

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
fly by wire/optics, MAWS, HUD, mission compuers ,landing gears internal weopon bay
turks ko asan lagta hain 5th gen figther develop karna
hurjet abhi tak taxi trials bhi nahi kar paya hain

min 7-8 saal lagenge develop karne

pakistan se paise chahiy turks ko
Hurjet will be a trainer initially the fighte variant will be ready in 2030

Ultimatebot

Country flag

pakistan me army ke pass full authority hai
koi kutch bolta hain agar wo mp bhi ho to usko gayab kar dete hain
bharat me sab authority babus ke pass hain

china ek hadd tak hi dega badme unki buri halat ho jayegi maintain karne me
kharidna badi baat nahi usko maintain karne me jyada paise lagte hain

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
You can call my post Dhoti shivering as much as you want but there is no doubt this a huge strategic threat to India. We cannot afford a 2 to 3 year gap behind Pakistan in inducting fifth gen fighters.

What? TFX is supposed to fly for the first time in 2027-28, 4 years behind ours. How are they going to outpace us?

TFX also started much later, with much less experience in design.... This doesnt make sense

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
What? TFX is supposed to fly for the first time in 2027-28, 4 years behind ours. How are they going to outpace us?

TFX also started much later, with much less experience in design.... This doesnt make sense
They havent even built a trainer yet, thats planned to come out almost 5 years from now. This seems same old nashe as PAC saying they will have azm by 2030.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles