Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

nixin

Report: IAF's Composite Battle Response and Analysis Group (CoBRA-G) has given IAF an edge in doctrine development, force employment and strategy over rivals (PAF & 🇨🇳 PLAAF).

What's this?
Are we assessing ourselves and saying we have edge over our adversary :confused1:

Mikel

Country flag
Report: IAF's Composite Battle Response and Analysis Group (CoBRA-G) has given IAF an edge in doctrine development, force employment and strategy over rivals (PAF & 🇨🇳 PLAAF).

What's this?
Are we assessing ourselves and saying we have edge over our adversary :confused1:
He doesn't mention whose report it is.

pipebomb

Country flag
I know most here would not agree with me, but this deal HAS to go through!!
For 5 billion euros is peanuts for what we get in this deal!!
There is a need for Rafale, wheather its 36 or more and the window for signing this deal will be closed within 2022(after that election campaign starts). Given the current security scenario we are in it is incumbent on Modi ji to take a personal initiative like he took in 2016. There is no point in mrca nautanki. If we are going for a large order of Rafale then i see no reason to go for additional mkis & 29s. Large order probably call for domestic production of Rafale.

But most imp of all, IAF needs to support mk2 whole heartedly.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Any chance IAF will go for 2nd hand Mirages from UAE?
Tried a few years back according to my memory. I recall that the price wanted was unacceptably high. But now (1) UAE may not want so much (b) India is in urgent need of fighters so they might be able to do a deal. Looks like a way to mitigate a big problem for India to me. Anyone disagree?

My apologies if I've got confused about the Gulf country concerned.

Trololo

Country flag
Tried a few years back according to my memory. I recall that the price wanted was unacceptably high. But now (1) UAE may not want so much (b) India is in urgent need of fighters so they might be able to do a deal. Looks like a way to mitigate a big problem for India to me. Anyone disagree?

This is a good time to strike a deal. Morocco doesn't have exp with the mirage 2000 and the plane is no longer made. Egypt has a tiny fleet largely unupgraded. India will be the best customer for the entire UAE Mirage 2000 fleet. Will give us a couple of squadrons. That combined with the upcoming 21 MiG 29s should do well to hold the fort until the LCA Mk1A kicks in. The incoming MiG 29s are touted to be very advanced with an AESA radar and all kinds of electronic wizardry built in. The plane has proven effective in the Himalayas. Will free up other birds for duty elsewhere.

pipebomb

Country flag

These mirage are already upgraded, if price is right (compared to mk2 acquisition cost) then why not. Still better than 21 mig29s deal (no point in upgrading those dinosaurs).

pipebomb

Country flag
This is a good time to strike a deal. Morocco doesn't have exp with the mirage 2000 and the plane is no longer made. Egypt has a tiny fleet largely unupgraded. India will be the best customer for the entire UAE Mirage 2000 fleet. Will give us a couple of squadrons. That combined with the upcoming 21 MiG 29s should do well to hold the fort until the LCA Mk1A kicks in. The incoming MiG 29s are touted to be very advanced with an AESA radar and all kinds of electronic wizardry built in. The plane has proven effective in the Himalayas. Will free up other birds for duty elsewhere.
There is no point in acquiring a 21 dinosaurs (mig 29) just to build numbers. Those money would be better spend toward rafale or tejas.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
While watching the news about two Indian aircraft being shot down by the PAF during a standoff between the two countries, Mr Khan called up his old student, who was an air force fighter pilot, to congratulate him, the petition added.

It stated that the call lasted two minutes and 27 seconds, during which Mr Khan exchanged congratulatory remarks with the pilot, who stated on his own, without being questioned by the petitioner, that whatever was being shown on media was not even 30pc and that there had been 350 casualties on ground.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

pipebomb

Country flag
There is no point in acquiring a 21 dinosaurs (mig 29) just to build numbers. Those money would be better spend toward rafale or tejas.
Also mig 29s are not swing role fighter even if you put an aesa in it where as j-10c are swing roles same as tejas. In 2021 where every nato countries are going for 5th gen fighters we are looking for an analogue cold war fighter.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles