Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Any detail on the type of SAAW warhead in public? Difference from Gowtham/Gourav warheads?
Its PCB (Penetration-cum-blast) I think.
There was another rumour going around that it would be fitted with a High Power Microwave (explosively pumped) to allow it to act like an EMP device. Its confirmed that such a device is being developed by DRDO.

Last edited:

XR SAM

Country flag
This has turbojet engine and it's the first full system(both bomb and guidance) of Spice bomb family, AF has shown interest to procure this. But its range is only 150 km. I think right now we only have Scalp and Brahmos for long range precision strike and both are super costly. DRDO needs to build a indigenous mini turbojet powered long range stealth precision bomb like the Turkish SoM.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Its PCB (Penetration-cum-blast) I think.
There was another rumour going around that it would be fitted with a High Power Microwave (explosively pumped) to allow it to act like an EMP device. Its confirmed that such a device is being developed by DRDO.
It is now having two stage tandem warhead with ability to penetrate even more.

XR SAM

Country flag
How individual artillery weapons of the enemy which are on the move can be targetted? You can use SAAW like weapon to target a single system like a truck mounted MBRL. For that I think only suicide drones is only option. USA is developing a suicide drone which can hit moving target at high speed. We should also try developing a same cost effective mini high speed Suicide drones(difficult to be targetted by air defence gun and other anti drone systems) which can hit enemy assets which are on constant move during war.

XR SAM

Country flag
How individual artillery weapons of the enemy which are on the move can be targetted? You can use SAAW like weapon to target a single system like a truck mounted MBRL. For that I think only suicide drones is only option. USA is developing a suicide drone which can hit moving target at high speed. We should also try developing a same cost effective mini high speed Suicide drones(difficult to be targetted by air defence gun and other anti drone systems) which can hit enemy assets which are on constant move during war.
Like this at least.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
That's not any cruise-missile m8.. It's the same as SAAW.

Just some directional control by a lil booster. Our don't have it, yes.. But not a problem as long as it can not accurately at 100km.
Ok fuck no i was wrong @fire starter Spice-250 ER apparently has a lil' turbojet. Cute. Mini-cruisemissile.

Range is still 150km+, against SAAW's 100km. Spice-250 is 115kg, while SAAW is larger at 125 kg. Yes definitely should be tried.

Last edited:

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Compare this to our twitter page of Indian Air force. Do robots run our armed forces social media accounts? Absolutely devoid of any humour.
IAF twitter handle is pretty lit IMO. They dont subscribe to humor is a matter of taste. But they compensate it well enough with their amazing captures of the beauties.
American PR is probably the besht
Never seen any rad cool slo-mo videos of ISF aircrafts with vapor cones

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles