Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
I think that guy did not take into consideration that it is highly likely that IAF will acquire another batch of 36 Rafales sometime next year.
Also, the other fighter jet not taken into the equation is Tejas Mk2 which will be ready for mass production sometime near 2026.
If things go according to plan, which looks like they would, IAF would have somewhere between 35-37 squadrons by the end of this decade.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
I think that guy did not take into consideration that it is highly likely that IAF will acquire another batch of 36 Rafales sometime next year.
Also, the other fighter jet not taken into the equation is Tejas Mk2 which will be ready for mass production sometime near 2026.
If things go according to plan, which looks like they would, IAF would have somewhere between 35-37 squadrons by the end of this decade.
imo we will raise barely 1 of tejas mk2 by that time

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Finally World came to know about United Nations AF love toward junk/qawad import.
Now other countries has started offering jung/retiring weaponry to us officially.

Kutte ko kitna bhi mithai khilao lekin vo padosh ka jhootha dustbin chatne jaroor jayega.... This is the present mentality of our beloved Armed forces.
Do you have any other option to IAF to increase its transport numbers? Buying new c130js is gonna have to have a lot of money that isn't gonna come frome Lexmi chitfund.those c130 airframes are not that old and have life in them.its not like pakis buying 50 year old mirages from Egypt. And these make in India fanboys should always know that India ain't 10billion + economy US or china nor it has years of experience in manufacturing weapons like the Ruskies.these idiots want even everything to be "swadeshi" they question why IAF buy chinooks why buy Apaches why predator drones etc if they have any idea on what we will use on this role as we don't have them indigenous alternative.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Do you mind how you address our armed forces?
There is nothing wrong calling Indian Armed forces as a United nations Forces Because Indian Armed forces import all sort of weapons which no other country do. Moreover, the Indian Armed forces don't import weapons/platforms for a fight but just to show up. Hence United Nations Armed forces is a better term.

IRDW -> Is a blog, not a news channel
Article -> Written by a guest on IDRW, not an official source, nothing. Just an opinion.
In the past many such opinions actually materalised. Old mirage, Jaguar, Mig-29

Even without it, where is the mithai btw? Your beloved HAL made anything even close to a flying transport? If not then by default we have to buy from others.
Mithai means all indigenous solutions which our Armed forces are sabotaging day and night. Tell me If Tejas FOC is not better than these second-hand mirages or Jaguar? why can't they buy a few Mithai rather licking dustbins? If IAF wants to maintain Jaguar or Mirage fleet then why can't they order spare parts rather than buying whole junk? By the way what happened to Mirage upgrades?? The same goes for ATAGs, LCH, LUH, and many more.

The Royal Airforce C-130Js has significant flying hours remaining and if we get them for cheap (like M2000 deal) I don't see any reason why we should not buy them?
Looks like, US piches the hybrid F21 & F15 Ex most advanced variants ever built, incorporating next-gen avionics from F35. I would like to see F15Ex in IAF
You both prove my point by agreeing to buy it. that's why I call the United Nations Armed forces who love dustbins

You know, if we had bought 126 F-16 Block 70s during the 2012 MMRCA competition (leaving aside Rafale, Typhoon), we would not be scratching our heads on how to tackle the Chinese air force today. Not to mention we would not have to field Mig-21s during Feb 27th for ORPs.
Friend, I am just wondering, were you reading while you were writing? United nations AF has done shopping thrice in name of countering F-16. They bought 60 Mirage-2000, 80 Mig-29, and 272 Su-30MKI. still, IAF needs 126 F-16
27 Feb incident was an IAF fault because they were sleeping rather than upgrading the fighter jets fleets with the latest SDR, SPJ, and BVR. don't blame Mig 21 or HAL.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Do you have any other option to IAF to increase its transport numbers? Buying new c130js is gonna have to have a lot of money that isn't gonna come frome Lexmi chitfund.those c130 airframes are not that old and have life in them.its not like pakis buying 50 year old mirages from Egypt. And these make in India fanboys should always know that India ain't 10billion + economy US or china nor it has years of experience in manufacturing weapons like the Ruskies.these idiots want even everything to be "swadeshi" they question why IAF buy chinooks why buy Apaches why predator drones etc if they have any idea on what we will use on this role as we don't have them indigenous alternative.
First, you tell me when the Indian government denied buying more transport aircraft?? I think we have ordered 56 Airbus C295 aircraft. After buying junk C-130 Hercules IAF will end up paying even more for maintenance like we are doing for INS Vikramaditya.

Nobody is insisting Armed forces to buy Swadeshi whenever import is necessary. People object when we have LCH still IA want to buy 6 Apaches, Having LUH but crying for Kamov, Having ATAGs, Dhanush, Bharat 52 still crying for ATHOS. Having Tejas Still buying Garbage. buying Rafale still crying for F-16/F-15, Having 2 Aircraft carriers still crying for third. I think, now this will help you to see the difference.

vishnugupt

Country flag
The United nation AF has sealed its fate long ago. nothing more could be done now. This cry baby rant will go on till 2030 or beyond. Soon we will notice a similar cry from our United nation Army about how they are lacking in MBT and Artillery guns from both Pakistan and China.

Where IA is today, IAF was there in 2010. same saga. Thank God, BJP is in the centre otherwise we could not defend ourselves from Naxalites within the country, forget China or Pakistan.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
There is nothing wrong calling Indian Armed forces as a United nations Forces Because Indian Armed forces import all sort of weapons which no other country do. Moreover, the Indian Armed forces don't import weapons/platforms for a fight but just to show up. Hence United Nations Armed forces is a better term.

In the past many such opinions actually materalised. Old mirage, Jaguar, Mig-29

Mithai means all indigenous solutions which our Armed forces are sabotaging day and night. Tell me If Tejas FOC is not better than these second-hand mirages or Jaguar? why can't they buy a few Mithai rather licking dustbins? If IAF wants to maintain Jaguar or Mirage fleet then why can't they order spare parts rather than buying whole junk? By the way what happened to Mirage upgrades?? The same goes for ATAGs, LCH, LUH, and many more.

You both prove my point by agreeing to buy it. that's why I call the United Nations Armed forces who love dustbins

Friend, I am just wondering, were you reading while you were writing? United nations AF has done shopping thrice in name of countering F-16. They bought 60 Mirage-2000, 80 Mig-29, and 272 Su-30MKI. still, IAF needs 126 F-16
27 Feb incident was an IAF fault because they were sleeping rather than upgrading the fighter jets fleets with the latest SDR, SPJ, and BVR. don't blame Mig 21 or HAL.
Its a known fact, iaf would buy planes rather than upgrading old ones.
Its in mentality sirji , when this army was british managed it performed wonders , when this army was commanded by old officers who were trained under the colonial system this army won wars .
You don't have any of it now , hence this negligence.

doreamon

Country flag
First, you tell me when the Indian government denied buying more transport aircraft?? I think we have ordered 56 Airbus C295 aircraft. After buying junk C-130 Hercules IAF will end up paying even more for maintenance like we are doing for INS Vikramaditya.

Nobody is insisting Armed forces to buy Swadeshi whenever import is necessary. People object when we have LCH still IA want to buy 6 Apaches, Having LUH but crying for Kamov, Having ATAGs, Dhanush, Bharat 52 still crying for ATHOS. Having Tejas Still buying Garbage. buying Rafale still crying for F-16/F-15, Having 2 Aircraft carriers still crying for third. I think, now this will help you to see the difference.
Regarding apache ... Apache AH-64 can fly with 30 millimeter cannon and up to 16 Hellfire missiles and Hydra 70-millimeter unguided rockets, LCH is lightly armed with 20-millimeter cannon and up to four missiles or rockets. In plain areas of western border with Pak apache ll be devastating for enemy ...

Regarding tejas perhaps u r talking abt IAF buying 21 mig29 and 12 su30 .. Tejas mk1 so far dnt fulfill required parameters fulfilled by mig29 su30 .. Tejas mk1 is for point defence .

Nothing wrong IAF has rafale and still goes for f21/f15 .. we need more squadron numbers to face 2 front war . Also upgradation of su30mki need of the hour as it has lost its superiority to chinese fighters .

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag

First you are comparing c295 with c130 they are not the same class.its IAF who wanted more C130s and for the maintenance we already have sone c130s and RAF looks after their aircraft well they don't let them rot in hangars or deck in the case of vikramaditya during the transition from soviet period to russia.and LCH and Apache are different if IA need a heavy attack helo what will they by your logic instead of buying Apaches ? Tie massive weights on LCH and call it heavy? Tejus is a light aircraft and it cant do all that a rafale or su30 can do. And IAF has never said it needs f15 or f16 they said they need 114 new fighters so that the depleted numbers can be added up.if you are dreaming of HAL chugging tejus and mk2s like it says it gonna do then you will mostly gonna get a rude awake.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Regarding apache ... Apache AH-64 can fly with 30 millimeter cannon and up to 16 Hellfire missiles and Hydra 70-millimeter unguided rockets, LCH is lightly armed with 20-millimeter cannon and up to four missiles or rockets. In plain areas of western border with Pak apache ll be devastating for enemy ...

Regarding tejas perhaps u r talking abt IAF buying 21 mig29 and 12 su30 .. Tejas mk1 so far dnt fulfill required parameters fulfilled by mig29 su30 .. Tejas mk1 is for point defence .

Nothing wrong IAF has rafale and still goes for f21/f15 .. we need more squadron numbers to face 2 front war . Also upgradation of su30mki need of the hour as it has lost its superiority to chinese fighters .
I think United nations Armed forces and their fans must decide first, "What they actually want" quality vs quantity. Import vs concern about Money, Requirement vs fancy weapon, Fully functional Local product Vs foreign junk, Crying for MIG-21 Vs ignoring Tejas for years

In the third paragraph, you are worried about numbers but in the first para, you are Ok with 6 Apaches.

Second Para says, bought more Su-30mki and Mig 29 because Tejas is a Point defender But Still you find nothing wrong if United nations AF buy F-16/F-15 along with More Rafale, as claimed in third Para.

Soon, those Who justify buying junk/Garbage, will be worrying about money.

Mai kya bolta hu... Why should we not buy J-10 and J-17 so we can analyze them and also decrease the chance of war with China and Pakistan?

If Tejas is a point defender then which aircraft in this world is a multipoint defender??

If Mig-29, Su-30mki, Mirage, and Rafale are not enough then what difference are f-21 and F-15 going to make?? If Tejas is not making any sense then how come Mig-21 is still operational in IAF ?

If Su-30mki is not enough then How Russia is fighting on foreign soil against all your favorite F-21/F-15?

No matter how much you upgrade F-16 and F-15 still it will not be any better than Su-30mki or mirage-2000.

Just wait another year and you will be surprised to find that Tejas- mk1A is the second-most advanced jet in IAF inventory then you will realize what blunder IAF has done all these past years.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Thanks for sharing this tweet. I was worried, maybe I was not making sense but now I am relaxed.

Mubarak ho !! The new chief of the United nations AF was born in France and brought up in the USA. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

United nation' AF is pitching to import 114 more jets and ignoring Tejas mk2 as usual.

Good night ✊✊💦💦💧

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Thanks for sharing this tweet. I was worried, maybe I was not making sense but now I am relaxed.

Mubarak ho !! The new chief of the United nations AF was born in France and brought up in the USA. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

United nation' AF is pitching to import 114 more jets and ignoring Tejas mk2 as usual.

Good night ✊✊💦💦💧
now tejas program will be fcuked up
and surprisingly he is saying that we will raise 35 sqds in 15 yrs, then where the fcuk amca will go :shock::crying::crying:
from now if you count 15 yrs it will be 2037 and at that time if iaf is gonna induct amca then

SAB BHAGWAN BHAROSE HAI :hail::hail:

even pakis will get j31 or j20 in considerable number, and there will be another raqiboools front at yr 2037

:frusty::frusty::frusty:

THESIS THORON

Country flag
now tejas program will be fcuked up
and surprisingly he is saying that we will raise 35 sqds in 15 yrs, then where the fcuk amca will go :shock::crying::crying:
from now if you count 15 yrs it will be 2037 and at that time if iaf is gonna induct amca then

SAB BHAGWAN BHAROSE HAI :hail::hail:

even pakis will get j31 or j20 in considerable number, and there will be another raqiboools front at yr 2037

:frusty::frusty::frusty:
best will be that goi doesn't allow iaf for 114 rafale and at most they give approval for 36 more rafale.
and ask iaf to shut the f**k up and get the tejas mk2, rather than drooling around phoren maal :notsure::notsure:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Some rumors in France about a deal proposed these last moments by France to built 150 Rafale in india (114 MMRCA + 36 for IN).
The blow received in Australia will see France make new and bold proposals....

(I expect to see France suggesting SSN Barracuda to India for exemple...)

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Are all these proposals including any of fighter that are under development .😑😑😑😑😑.

Nope .

But hey everyone got a expert in themselves .

He said about only jets which will be procured which have completed development , and no hopeful guesses

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles