Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Flying Dagger

Country flag
When I said nasams is superior
I said it is a shitty system just few minutes ago
👇

Kaha hai tapas? I have my biases, predator platform is used by Americans for past 2 decades, it's refined and combat tested

Let me call it NASAM (tech) is better than Akash .... and gen ahead.
🙂 Change my mind.

Do we had to buy it or needed it ? Not really.

We do have Spyder air defense in limited number where we can employ Derby ER and upgrade it.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

arnab

Country flag
OKAY...i ask what perhaps many already do in their minds...is Abhijit Iyer Mitra's analysis or more specifically the tirade against LCA Tejas as a combat worthy fighter, of any value at all? or is it just a lone voice in the wilderness especially NOW? i know he is a hot topic and he himself likes to irritate people he deems below him...but its time this matter is settled for good!
(he also supposedly thinks indians are incapable of making AMCA, IAF pilots know less than him, DRDO ppl are idiots and JF17 is a better fighter than Tejas, in short)

Covfefe

Country flag
.is Abhijit Iyer Mitra's analysis or more specifically the tirade against LCA Tejas as a combat worthy fighter, of any value at all?
No. Anyone who claims to know everything from cultural history to electronic warfare, flight characteristics to economic management, nutrition to education, is not to be taken seriously. His rants are just like a discussion by a bunch of engineering guys on the problems of the nation in their hostel rooms smoking weed when semester exams aren't around. Through the night, they revive the economy, strengthen the defences of India, make it a technological powerhouse with a culture to envy, and then they get late for their classes the next day.

arnab

Country flag
No. Anyone who claims to know everything from cultural history to electronic warfare, flight characteristics to economic management, nutrition to education, is not to be taken seriously. His rants are just like a discussion by a bunch of engineering guys on the problems of the nation in their hostel rooms smoking weed when semester exams aren't around. Through the night, they revive the economy, strengthen the defences of India, make it a technological powerhouse with a culture to envy, and then they get late for their classes the next day.
agreed...but in that case...why does he appear in most of the RW youtube channels to speak on subjects ranging from cuisine to archaeology to fighter jets? who invites him and why? you have never seen these youtube channel invite a single tech person or aviation expert on their channels especially when aviation experts and DCS players on youtube praise Tejas as a fighter...whats their motive? or is it just anopther echo-chamber with a saffron hue? personally i think he is basically the Sadhguru of strategic affairs...his comments on tejas and many other stuff is basically sadhguru validating aryan invasion theory, saying that Yoga is not Hindu or suggesting that we buy fighters from China...which he actually did! i dont think even Swami Vivekananda had the range and depth that these people do...IMPO

THESIS THORON

Country flag
agreed...but in that case...why does he appear in most of the RW youtube channels to speak on subjects ranging from cuisine to archaeology to fighter jets? who invites him and why? you have never seen these youtube channel invite a single tech person or aviation expert on their channels especially when aviation experts and DCS players on youtube praise Tejas as a fighter...whats their motive? or is it just anopther echo-chamber with a saffron hue? personally i think he is basically the Sadhguru of strategic affairs...his comments on tejas and many other stuff is basically sadhguru validating aryan invasion theory, saying that Yoga is not Hindu or suggesting that we buy fighters from China...which he actually did! i dont think even Swami Vivekananda had the range and depth that these people do...IMPO
no actually he thinks foreign tech superior than desi.

ideology--- he likes marxism, lennism.

if you want to know more about him do watch the sham sharma show global channel.

Mutyala rayadu

Country flag
? who invites him and why?
Connections and the tingle in bum to be in limelight bro,

Both his parents are IAS officers who got retired as secretaries in state and center. So once you know the who's who of media and can speak English you garner some followers who like the insane gyan and shit you say. These YouTubers also want that pie of followers so they invite him.

May be it doesn't seem like it first, but he is the elite and the upper class of this country.

JBH22

OKAY...i ask what perhaps many already do in their minds...is Abhijit Iyer Mitra's analysis or more specifically the tirade against LCA Tejas as a combat worthy fighter, of any value at all? or is it just a lone voice in the wilderness especially NOW? i know he is a hot topic and he himself likes to irritate people he deems below him...but its time this matter is settled for good!
(he also supposedly thinks indians are incapable of making AMCA, IAF pilots know less than him, DRDO ppl are idiots and JF17 is a better fighter than Tejas, in short)
His podcast with Sham Sharma is interesting, but when he comments on defence related news I don't take his views seriously.
But otherwise AIM is quite chummy on politics related matters.

charlie

Country flag
yeah some jets have been upgraded to sdr

imo our backbone is still left :doh::doh::doh:
It’s not SDR issue, it’s a commonality of waveforms issue. all three service uses difference waveforms, the only common waveform would be(assumption) VHF/UHF LOS and some other waveform where encryption would not be an option.

like for example we use Israel radios for army and use Rockwell Collins for airforce, god know what waveforms are supported by Israel radios and what are supported by Russian radios or Rockwell Collins and the more waveforms it support the more expensive the radios are one more thing is just because we have a Rockwell Collins radio does not mean it you will have capabilities of all the waveform it’s list on the advertisement, some waveform are proprietary like TSM-X which cost money.

for eg this is best radio in the world carried by a soldier, look at the number of waveforms it supports.

ohh and forgot to add every feature is licensed so you have to chuck out money for every feature, and to get a radio encrypted that a separate cost and to use rekeying feature that’s a separate cost over the air just few encrypting feature can cost a few million dollars
0D846935-A578-4935-909C-2707D0AAA919.jpeg

Last edited:

arnab

Country flag
can someone please explain why newly inducted Rafales are in forward airbases but inducted IOC tejas are still at Sulur/bangaluru instead of a forward bases?? have they ever been deployed in forward positions?

THESIS THORON

Country flag
ohh and forgot to add every feature is licensed so you have to chuck out money for every feature, and to get a radio encrypted that a separate cost and to use rekeying feature that’s a separate cost over the air just few encrypting feature can cost a few million dollars
no acutally integration has been compleated in mki.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
can someone please explain why newly inducted Rafales are in forward airbases but inducted IOC tejas are still at Sulur/bangaluru instead of a forward bases?? have they ever been deployed in forward positions?

Spitfire9

Country flag
I'm curious. What does the second Tejas squadron raised actually do? As far as I know it has just a couple of aircraft. Perhaps some more were delivered without that being announced?

Last edited:

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Rafales aren't in forward airbases... Rafales are in their home bases which are in startegic locations wrt forward areas like Ambala in west and Hashimara in East. Tejas home base is sulur and once the aircrafts are delivered (Squadron strength achieved) and absorbed they will be deployed to respective squadrons /airbases which are earmarked to replace MiG21. Tejas was tentatively deployed in western sector airbase and will be moved to Srinagar base soon.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles