Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Flying Dagger

Country flag
On 26th September, IAF will conduct an airshow over Dal lake, Srinagar. First airshow after 13 years to be conducted in Kashmir. Show stoppers : Su30, Mig21, & Suryakiran.

I believe we will never achieve atmanirbhar as long as we have top officials who runs the organization only as per book. It is terrible and unreasonable decision to fly an outdated & unreliable aircraft like Mig 21, instead of demonstrating capabilities of homegrown fighter like LCA . They jusy need to learn from Sweden and Chinese, how they promote the indigenous stuff.
China will supply JF17 to Argentina air force requirement of 21 fighter aircrafts. But whereas our AF top brass still hesitate to fly a safest fighter bulit inhouse. Pathetic
There is already couple of mig 21 sqd in Kashmir may be that's why. Also Mig 21 is a message to Porks that we took your F-16 down with this...

Tejas is being promoted everywhere we perform anyway.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Look at the bandwidth. Can anyone here tell me how this radar stack up against our Uttam or any other AESA radar?

View attachment 110782

View attachment 110783
i think uttam is better

read this

in this blog there is photo of uttam keeping lock on tejas at a dist of 140 km and rcs of uttam is 0.5-1 m2 (imo) and peak power is 3.6 as compared to 4 of this chene radar. in this brochure it is vaugly written range of radar 170km for fighter size so we can consider (1.5-2.5 m2) rcs.

if we go by this analysis then uttam is better.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
i think uttam is better

read this

in this blog there is photo of uttam keeping lock on tejas at a dist of 140 km and rcs of uttam is 0.5-1 m2 (imo) and peak power is 3.6 as compared to 4 of this chene radar. in this brochure it is vaugly written range of radar 170km for fighter size so we can consider (1.5-2.5 m2) rcs.

Yo
He literally says they have "overshared" information

Shouldn't this be a matter of concern.....
Whatever the Chinkis or Pakis need for some kind of threat evaluation is basically out there in open source

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
i think uttam is better

read this

Don't go by the looks. Nobody knows the original specs of these two radars, except for their users. So don't take those detection numbers seriously. What important here is that the bandwidth of that chinese radar. It's 3 ghz, so it's in the same class of ultra wideband radar as RBE2, An/apg 79. Whereas our Uttam's bandwidth isn't even 3 ghz and as per the article bars is the worse as it's still in mhz level. I don't know if you'll like it or not even an ultra wideband equipped jf17 would slaughter our bars equipped MKIs mile away. If anyone here is a radar expert could you please explain it with more details

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Don't go by the looks. Nobody knows the original specs of these two radars, except for their users. So don't take those detection numbers seriously. What important here is that the bandwidth of that chinese radar. It's 3 ghz, so it's in the same class of ultra wideband radar as RBE2, An/apg 79. Whereas our Uttam's bandwidth isn't even 3 ghz and as per the article bars is the worse as it's still in mhz level. I don't know if you'll like it or not even an ultra wideband equipped jf17 would slaughter our bars equipped MKIs mile away. If anyone here is a radar expert could you please explain it with more details
that's uttam mk1 trms in 2-3 yrs new trms will come and this issue will be resolved. And about this jf17 tayyara idont know much abt electronic warfare.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
i think uttam is better

read this

This is the input power consumption of the radar, not the peak power,
Radar performance is positively related to pulse energy, which is the peak power multiplied by the pulse width,
Simply comparing power is meaningless,
As for your conclusion about radar detection, it is also wrong. The international radar standard is to fly in opposite directions. At an altitude of 1000m, the detection range for a target with rcs=5,
The most important thing is the bandwidth of this radar, which shows that it has a fairly strong anti-jamming capability

Cheran

Country flag
Sorry for the one liner, but i wanted to ask:-

Is the integration of DR 118 radar warning receiver with Su30MKI over?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
भाई कुछ ज्यादा नहीं हो गया ?

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
भाई कुछ ज्यादा नहीं हो गया ?
Bilkul nahi. PESA radars are obsolete infront of an ultra wideband. MKI's huge RCS + LPI, Jamming and Anti jamming capability of an ultra wideband radar is literally a nail in the coffin for a fighter like MKI unless we upgrade MKI with better radar and EW systems

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
I will start doing it after 3 October , but till now I have seen lot of tsa , Vivaldi etc , our seeker tsa is quite good too .
TSA i don't know but Vivaldi, yes there are vivaldi antennas for missile seeker by a private company. I don't think Vivaldi always mean TSA as RBE2 and KFX's radar also uses Vivaldi antennas as well as F22's radar and i'm pretty sure those two radar isn't anywhere near F22's an/apg 77. I've heard both F22 and F35's radar has bandwidth of 5+ ghz making it one of the most powerful radar in this freaking world

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles