Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

johnj

First of all we have to see in relative terms,c130j is expensive compared to what, a c17 or a do228. And coming back to my original query, common sense tells me designing a new aircraft based on an existing mass produced aircraft which still in production ought to be cheeper than a clean sheet design (mandating creation of a supply chain from scratch) unless the clean sheet is introducing pioneering concept/tech.That is why i said high opex of c27j is puzzling. I agree that the structure of c295 deal is certainly welcoming and will be beneficial to our MIC growth.
First of all we have to see in relative terms,c130j is expensive compared to what, a c17 or a do228.

And coming back to my original query, common sense tells me designing a new aircraft based on an existing mass produced aircraft which still in production ought to be cheeper than a clean sheet design (mandating creation of a supply chain from scratch) unless the clean sheet is introducing pioneering concept/tech.That is why i said high opex of c27j is puzzling.

I agree that the structure of c295 deal is certainly welcoming and will be beneficial to our MIC growth.
Expensive for Indian AF and not compared to other aircrafts but compared to finance ministry of India. That is why MTA jv. the figure 1000cr/plane comes from mod/fd not from manufacture. Again- C27j not selected becz manufacture not interested. it is like a one vendor situation and mod didnt scrap the deal[normal] but selected c295 under sp model. IAF only want a new replacement for an32.

Apollo

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
On 26th September, IAF will conduct an airshow over Dal lake, Srinagar. First airshow after 13 years to be conducted in Kashmir. Show stoppers : Su30, Mig21, & Suryakiran.

I believe we will never achieve atmanirbhar as long as we have top officials who runs the organization only as per book. It is terrible and unreasonable decision to fly an outdated & unreliable aircraft like Mig 21, instead of demonstrating capabilities of homegrown fighter like LCA . They jusy need to learn from Sweden and Chinese, how they promote the indigenous stuff.
China will supply JF17 to Argentina air force requirement of 21 fighter aircrafts. But whereas our AF top brass still hesitate to fly a safest fighter bulit inhouse. Pathetic

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles