Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

pipebomb

Country flag
c130j is very expensive
First of all we have to see in relative terms,c130j is expensive compared to what, a c17 or a do228.

And coming back to my original query, common sense tells me designing a new aircraft based on an existing mass produced aircraft which still in production ought to be cheeper than a clean sheet design (mandating creation of a supply chain from scratch) unless the clean sheet is introducing pioneering concept/tech.That is why i said high opex of c27j is puzzling.

I agree that the structure of c295 deal is certainly welcoming and will be beneficial to our MIC growth.

Last edited:

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I use the term multirole unconventionally(in hindsight i should have used single quotes) to highlight c295's narrow body compared to c-27j, hence creating a seperate requirement/role for transporting wide body cargo(i.e. vehicles) which can be catered by c130s.
C130 is not a requirement created due to c295 and c27 can't replace them.. so stop this delusion you have.

C295 can carry many of the vehicles we operate if needed be and an overall better fit for paratroopers.

Now let me know if USAF use that C27 and if not why ?

First of all we have to see in relative terms,c130j is expensive compared to what, a c17 or a do228.

And coming back to my original query, common sense tells me designing a new aircraft based on an existing mass produced aircraft which still in production ought to be cheeper than a clean sheet design (mandating creation of a supply chain from scratch) unless the clean sheet is introducing pioneering concept/tech.That is why i said high opex of c27j is puzzling.

I agree that the structure of c295 deal is certainly welcoming and will be beneficial to our MIC growth.

Do 228 and C130 in one sentence together ? 🙂

Last edited:

Flying Dagger

Country flag
What upgrade dude? Its a BMD system, not an upgrade.
What do you think BMD have ?

You can integrate it with already established defence structure.

Missiles radar communication system data management etc.. and they can be upgraded

For e.g. as per reports china has received a downgraded version i.e. missiles with lesser range etc.

pipebomb

Country flag
C130 is not a requirement created due to c295 and c27 can't replace them.. so stop this delusion you have.

C295 can carry many of the vehicles we operate if needed be and an overall better fit for paratroopers.
If IAF asked by IA to transport 1 tata safari urgently to an ALG situated in north east during peacetime which aircraft IAF should be used according to you or is this question so out of realm that i will again labelled delusional.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
If IAF asked by IA to transport 1 tata safari urgently to an ALG situated in north east during peacetime which aircraft IAF should be used according to you or is this question so out of realm that i will again labelled delusional.
You can easily fit a Tata Safari in c295 and more than one... but you know what ?

IA will use Chinook or Mi 26 if they really have to airlift it .

Last edited:

Sarjen

There was a report about IA Favoring more Rafale over Super Sukoi upgrade !! Can anyone confirm ???

Sarjen

do u have any source.

both jets are for different role. pretty sure 36-54 order for rafale. Super sukhoi will happen no doubt about it u just dont buy 272 jets just to scrap them early.
Sorry, My bad. completely misread the title in sleepy mood

Abhay Rajput 02

The Indian Air Force (IAF) is set to acquire 24 second-hand Mirage 2000 fighters, made by Dassault Aviation, in an attempt to strengthen its ageing fleet of the fourth-generation fighters and also secure parts for its two existing squadrons of the aircraft, people familiar with the matter said on condition of anonymity. IAF has initialled a contract worth 27 million euros to buy the fighters, eight of which are in ready-to-fly condition, the people cited above added. That works out to a per-aircraft acquisition cost of 1.125 million euros. The people cited above said the aircraft will soon be shipped to India in containers.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What do you think BMD have ?

You can integrate it with already established defence structure.

Missiles radar communication system data management etc.. and they can be upgraded

For e.g. as per reports china has received a downgraded version i.e. missiles with lesser range etc.
If I remember correctly, 40N6 has not yet passed the Russian national acceptance

Flying Dagger

Country flag
The Indian Air Force (IAF) is set to acquire 24 second-hand Mirage 2000 fighters, made by Dassault Aviation, in an attempt to strengthen its ageing fleet of the fourth-generation fighters and also secure parts for its two existing squadrons of the aircraft, people familiar with the matter said on condition of anonymity. IAF has initialled a contract worth 27 million euros to buy the fighters, eight of which are in ready-to-fly condition, the people cited above added. That works out to a per-aircraft acquisition cost of 1.125 million euros. The people cited above said the aircraft will soon be shipped to India in containers.

So we are getting 13 of those as add on for existing sqd strength while 11 to be used for spares ?

Seems good but then upgrade cost...might be substantial.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles