Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

another_armchair

Country flag
Maybe we should go easy on the commission part- all the other ministries are invariably corrupt- transport, WCD, finance, home, corporate affairs and so on. Why the onus of honesty only on MoD? Afterall the minister gotta have something for the party funds. Indians totally ignore commission and corruption everywhere else but are up in arms for a few million dollars in the alleged Rafale scam.
My griping was about endless delays in procurement, not about folks in the pipeline making commissions.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Le bhai👇

Anyways, C-295 exceeds the capability of AVRO 748 by more than 3 times... almost an equivalent of AN-32

Another good news of the day👇

It is more than likely that C295 will also replace AN32s. Logic says it should. There's no point in diversifying maintenance into different platforms.

Covfefe

Country flag
My griping was about endless delays in procurement, not about folks in the pipeline making commissions.
Maybe that's a topic for some thread dedicated to the need for administrative reforms in India(I think we must have a thread for that). In simple terms- our bureaucracy stays shit-scared of taking decisions over which they may be accused of corruption. And you cannot be wrong if you don't do anything. And this behaviour is attributed to political score-settling tendencies and using officers as bali ka bakra.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Maybe that's a topic for some thread dedicated to the need for administrative reforms in India(I think we must have a thread for that). In simple terms- our bureaucracy stays shit-scared of taking decisions over which they may be accused of corruption. And you cannot be wrong if you don't do anything. And this behaviour is attributed to political score-settling tendencies and using officers as bali ka bakra.
How can we forget saint antony.
The sinless spineless idiotic saint.
A moron of a defence minister , the one who fainted while taking the guard of honour.
Who blacklisted every one at whim

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Will more of them be ordered since we are producing them locally?
Doesn't make sense to make only 40.
46 of the AN 32s that are in service has just got approved for upgrades and will serve for another few years. So, I guess once the delivery of these initial barch of 40 comes close to the end, new orders will be placed then. Unless of course, some wise ones in IAF or in MoD decides to stall again.

another_armchair

Country flag
Fear of accusations is an excuse to deny basic fighting, read offensive equipment to our armed forces.

The denial led to serious shortfalls in capabilities where even SF were found scavenging from dead tangos in Kashmir during the past decade and earlier.

When MMRCA was conducted in a transparent, impartial manner, why did it face hurdles only when the files reached MoD? MoD should have followed its own rules of Dassault being L1 here along with Rafale scoring more points than the EF Typhoon no?

The topic has been beaten to death but will continue on Chit-Chat thread. Any more would be totally OT here.

When did we express interest in the M-777 gun and when did we actually receive them? Heck, even that deal was under the cloud following baseless allegations by some vested scoundrels. All this in a G2G deal. Read once again - Acquisitions that could result in increasing our offensive capabilities often runs into issues with Presstitutes running to town with all kinds of slanderous stories.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Well, frankly one hurdle down.

But, the problem is that we need replacement of Il-76/78s in next few years and there simply isn't a suitable candidate for the role except another Russian IL-476. We missed the bus when both MoD and IAF bungled the C-17 procurement!

What could possibly be the replacements?

A-400 IMO is little too small for the role. But, can we trust IL-476 - another Russian plane given the abysmal service record of it with regard to availability? I know spares won't be a problem for this one. Still, how reliable can it be?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles