Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

I do not approve of Rafale being placed so close to the China border. Hashimara is literally in the artillery range from Chumbi valley.

Should have placed them somewhere a bit away, like Kalaikunda AFS (Kharagpur, WB) or Maharaja AFS (Gwalior, MP)

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag

I do not approve of Rafale being placed so close to the China border. Hashimara is literally in the artillery range from Chumbi valley.

Should have placed them somewhere a bit away, like Kalaikunda AFS (Kharagpur, WB) or Maharaja AFS (Gwalior, MP)
Maharaja will take time to reach .
Hashimara or jorhat are best probably.
Plus yes kharagpur too

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

Isn't chumbi valley under our control?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Maharaja will take time to reach .
Hashimara or jorhat are best probably.
Plus yes kharagpur too
Rafale will not be an interceptor so I don't think reaching in time is an issue. Rafale will be used more like a specialty jet which will back up formations of Su-30MKI and ground attack.

Haahimara is perfectly apt , it's no where directly near china.
And if china can get within artillery range of that base , then we have effectively lost any war china .
It is less than 100 km from Chumbi valley.

FalconZero

Country flag

omaebakabaka

Rafale will not be an interceptor so I don't think reaching in time is an issue. Rafale will be used more like a specialty jet which will back up formations of Su-30MKI and ground attack.
It is less than 100 km from Chumbi valley.
I am more worried about TMC goon troops than Chinese artillery

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Bro,
Maybe misunderstood my question. I'm talking about countering S400 SAM, using F18 Growler like assets build only for EW
Hypersonic missile s can destroy s400
Bdw iaf simulates such scenarios
Iaf team is in Russia so
They may also help

No system. Is fulll proof
Swarm drones
Saturated rocket fire
Anti radiation missile s

Are some options

sorcerer

Country flag
Indian Air Force begins trial in Rajasthan's Jalore to land fighter planes on national highways | Jaipur News - Times of India

JAISALMER: The Indian Air Force (IAF) has started preparations for landing fighter planes on the national highways.
In an initial trial, the Air Force on Friday landed two fighter helicopters between Gandhav and Agdava in Chitalvana area in Jalore on the runway made under Bharatmala project. Officers of IAF and NHAI along with Jalore police administration were present and had made strict security arrangements.

sorcerer

Country flag
First MRSAM missile out for delivery to IAF

The first missile of the first firing unit of Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM) for delivery to Indian Air Force was flagged off by BDL director general (missiles & strategic systems) M.S.R. Prasad at the Kanchanbagh unit here on Tuesday.

MRSAM is a high-response, quick-reaction, vertically-launched supersonic missile designed to neutralise enemy aerial threats — missiles, aircraft, guided bombs and helicopters. It is used by army, navy and air force as different variants and the missile has a range up to 70 km.

Chairman and managing director of BDL Commodore Siddharth Mishra (retired) stated that MRSAM is one of the best examples of joint development of a weapon system. The navy order has been completed and now both army and air force programme are moving simultaneously.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Blimey, looks like Times of India thinks a big thing with a rotor is a fighter plane! Or at least a fighter helicopter (as written also). What it says is not interesting to me.

Landing a real fighter plane might be.

PS Which fighter(s) would they try landing on the strip in the picture?
Indian newspaper are idiot in defence matter most of time , only some specific journalist are good but they have their own sites , sime are in forum but post scarcely .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles