Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Re: corruption in England

Five tax fraudsters who devised a fake eco-investment scheme as a tax break for wealthy investors were jailed for a total of 43 years. They were also ordered to repay £20 m, or face another 39 years behind bars and still owe the money.

Do you get penalties like this handed down in India for bribery and corruption?
@ezsasa Offtopic post

omaebakabaka

Execution ,nope ,not possible , our supreme court is calmer than lake , when it comes to execution , well personally i would prefer it for them ,but many times they are not revealed or if revealed ,they belong to our dear opposition party of today , where they won't think twice beforr instigating mob to burn down this country just to save their dear friends , heck we can't even punish the so called intellectual in our university who sympathize with proven terrorist , and call them freedom fighter , son of a teacher , the lost one and what not .
The judges are notorious for power tripping and corruption especially lower courts are worst, just look at Delhi court's recent judgements and SC stand on farmer's nonsense and trying to muscle in on elected govt's lawful duty to frame policies. They wont execute anyone....we need someone like Yogi, I just do not see anyone else to fix some of these things

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Bribery and corruption is not a serious impediment to the development of Indian military aviation? If it is, I submit that how it is dealt with is of relevance to how well funds to support the Indian Air Force are spent.
Dude, looks like you’ve got some high quality stuff running in your veins.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Great. If Jaguar engine upgradation doesn't work also start retiring them from 2024 onwards.
Apart from needing agreement on the price and the timeline to provide the upgrade, what else would stop an Adour upgrade proceeding?

About retiring Jaguar if the upgrade does not materialise, is a better to have 100 or so strike aircraft of limited performance or to dump that limited capability? What would replace that limited capability in the short term? I bear in mind that 4/5 Bison squadrons will go by 2025 and there are 5 or so squadrons of Jaguar. Retiring both will reduce fighter/strike aircraft numbers by 200 or so. Indian production of Mk1A/MWF will likely be <20 by 2025. Does not leave IAF much to fly in 2025, does it?

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
Apart from needing agreement on the price and the timeline to provide the upgrade, what else would stop an Adour upgrade proceeding?

About retiring Jaguar if the upgrade does not materialise, is a better to have 100 or so strike aircraft of limited performance or to dump that limited capability? What would replace that limited capability in the short term? I bear in mind that 4/5 Bison squadrons will go by 2025 and there are 5 or so squadrons of Jaguar. Retiring both will reduce fighter/strike aircraft numbers by 200 or so. Indian production of Mk1A/MWF will likely be <20 by 2025. Does not leave IAF much to fly in 2025, does it?
They will float another competition or add another 100 to the existing 114 fighter requirement.
And we shall wait for a decade.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles