Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
5 Rafales are on their way to Ambala as I write this. 5 more Rafales meant for India are still in France for training our pilots and engineers. These 5 Rafales will be flown to Ambala by end Sept 2020. The remainder commencing early next year.

One of the Rafale pilots on the way home! 👍

1595851162009.png

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
The last 2 seconds, the image tracking system was lost... Fortunately the bomb inertia was too high to modify significantly the formed trajectory.
The jet flew too far away from the target, exceeding the gimbal rotation limit of the targeting pod.
Ideally, the jet lasing the target should be slower, higher and a few kilometers behind the jet releasing the munition.
For some reason unknown to me, IAF pilots do both the task from the same jet (double-seaters ideal for it). Maybe it has changed now.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
The jet flew too far away from the target, exceeding the gimbal rotation limit of the targeting pod.
Ideally, the jet lasing the target should be slower, higher and a few kilometers behind the jet releasing the munition.
For some reason unknown to me, IAF pilots do both the task from the same jet (double-seaters ideal for it). Maybe it has changed now.
Another big advantage of the HAMMER bomb ! faster.

Mikel

Country flag
Pilot was probably wary of stingers in the region.

Rohan Naik

Country flag
5 Rafales are on their way to Ambala as I write this. 5 more Rafales meant for India are still in France for training our pilots and engineers. These 5 Rafales will be flown to Ambala by end Sept 2020. The remainder commencing early next year.

One of the Rafale pilots on the way home! 👍

View attachment 54402
Be like - had enough French fries, time for samosas now. 🤣

captscooby81

Country flag
Well worth hindsight from inside IAF from AM RNambi . Well this also clarifies what i had been saying since Defexpo 2020 . All these ORCA TEDBF are all pipe dreams which HAL and ADA are trying to sell to public so that they can put pressure on IAF indirectly if they choose a foreign platform .

AM Nambiar has clearly shown the reality with 100 engineers how the hell ADA is going to design MWF, TEDBF, ORCA and AMCA when they couldn't do full finished job on LCA MK1A till now . Its like biting more than what your gut can digest not only just what you can chew .Which will only delay and stall IAF modernisation plan than anything else .

Dump all these ORCA TEDBF snake oil . Go with MWF full fledged once its completed move to AMCA and possible come up with Naval version of AMCA .If Navy wants push them NLCA with F414 SE option the airframe and design is already validated with so many series of landing/take off from viki .

Order Follow on 36 or 44 more Rafales and close MMRCA. Work on deliver of LCA MK1A and then move ahead with MWF and Finally move to AMCA.

LIVEFIST Talks To Air Marshal Raghu Nambiar

scatterStorm

Country flag
Well worth hindsight from inside IAF from AM RNambi . Well this also clarifies what i had been saying since Defexpo 2020 . All these ORCA TEDBF are all pipe dreams which HAL and ADA are trying to sell to public so that they can put pressure on IAF indirectly if they choose a foreign platform .

AM Nambiar has clearly shown the reality with 100 engineers how the hell ADA is going to design MWF, TEDBF, ORCA and AMCA when they couldn't do full finished job on LCA MK1A till now . Its like biting more than what your gut can digest not only just what you can chew .Which will only delay and stall IAF modernisation plan than anything else .

Dump all these ORCA TEDBF snake oil . Go with MWF full fledged once its completed move to AMCA and possible come up with Naval version of AMCA .If Navy wants push them NLCA with F414 SE option the airframe and design is already validated with so many series of landing/take off from viki .

Order Follow on 36 or 44 more Rafales and close MMRCA. Work on deliver of LCA MK1A and then move ahead with MWF and Finally move to AMCA.
So he said very clearly that Tejas is thought of as an extension of Mirage. Its was inspired from Mirage 2000C. The Mk2 platform is almost Mirage 2000 but much better in terms of features and avionics.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles