- May 8, 2019
PM Modi’s new “Air India One” will have advanced defence systems— that and other features of the aircraft
The new aircraft will be used to fly Prime Minister and President of India and other top Indian dignitaries. The new Boeing 777-300ERs are being fitted with
1. To be maintained and operated by IAF.
2. B777-300ER to be capable of mid-air refuelling (don't know how valid this capability will be) giving it infinite range.
3. Countermeasures at par with Air Force One.
4. Capable of being a mobile office for PM and President under emergency situations.
5. New pictures
6. Air India One callsign to be retired (wide speculation).