Indian Air Force Light Combat Aircraft Tejas India's Second Supersonic Fighter

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
hey, then what is the meaning of the FAMED WING SHAPE of tejas, if they are now adding "canards" on the plane.

lcafanboy

Country flag
C

Looks like close coupled fully active canards like in rafale and typhoon

This configuration was explored in the beginning of LCA programme , wind tunnel model exists
Also if you see refueling probe is no longer fixed and visible. It's retractable.

Also if you can see air inlets have been moved forward.

Advaidhya Tiwari

hey, then what is the meaning of the FAMED WING SHAPE of tejas, if they are now adding "canards" on the plane.
Tejas famed wing shape can provide excellent lift only. The changing direction requires moveable parts like canards. Canards are for maneuvering need only

Chinmoy

Country flag
You have completely missed the LCA information bus.
MK1 means both IOC & FOC;
MK1A means beyond FOC i.e. AESA, EW suite, Refueling probe ,etc; IAF has agreed to buy 83 MK1A.
MK2 is completely different bird.

Here it is.
Don't thank me.
Well actually I didn't missed the bus completely. What I said was in perspective of the tweet. When I said 83 numbers of Mk2 I had taken into consideration the RFP. As we all know that HAL have a confirm order of 20 IOC standard and 20 FOC standard Tejas. For the rest 83, only RFP has been issued, but no deal has been inked as of now.
Recently IAF was averse of the high price quotation of HAL against the RFP too. So you never know. Anyway the 83 nos of Mk2 was my assumption only looking at the way IAF, HAL and ADA is approaching in the matter.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
@Advaidhya Tiwari
by maneuver I think you mean "close combat performance"
Correct if I am right or not on the above.
Then in this case they could have done it like in NLCA, you know what I mean.
Some members here said It was one of the DESIGNS.
So I think it is not the FINAL DESIGN OF THE LCA MK 2

Enquirer

Tejas famed wing shape can provide excellent lift only. The changing direction requires moveable parts like canards. Canards are for maneuvering need only
@Aaj ka hero

The primary purpose (or easily achieved functionality) of Canards is to help achieve higher AoA & higher low-speed payload lifting capability.

Canards can be definitely employed to achieve higher maneuverability, but it is not clear if Tejas Mk2 will employ Canards for high speed maneuvering for the initial batch. The good thing is these can be updated later on merely by changing the FCS!

Narasimh

Country flag
:notbad:
Engine intakes are a bit forward though IMHO.

BTW, lower one is LCA MkIII/ MCA MkII stealth version??
Thanks.. yes that's stealth version of LCA.. i guess this should be mk3.. but who knows

vikata

Country flag
has anybody read vayu magazine ,everytime i read it becomes more frustrating whenever he compare jf 17 and lca
they go on continuously singing the paens of jf and criticizing lca on almost every parameters

has anybody heard about promdut das
the author

abingdonboy

Country flag
has anybody read vayu magazine ,everytime i read it becomes more frustrating whenever he compare jf 17 and lca
they go on continuously singing the paens of jf and criticizing lca on almost every parameters

the author
Only an idiot would think that analysis is sensible. JF-17 project hasn’t even achieved 25% of what LCA has

vikata

Country flag
Only an idiot would think that analysis is sensible. JF-17 project hasn’t even achieved 25% of what LCA has
yes ,he was wrong on multiple count
1st the lca was not only about the aircraft but rather the aerospace industry
comparing it with the jf of pakistan is wrong as it is the plane which has been designed and developed by the china ,what pakistan has done is that they have placed order for it and selected avionics.
it was just like any license production say for that matter if india select f16 and have production line here from where it can be exported .

whereas lca has seeded the industry in india

and on the performance parameter the analysis is also flawed..

Kchontha

Country flag

the author
Comparing tejas, a fourth plus gen aircraft with a third gen jf 17 may have happened in his fool paradise. That's why he is vomiting nonsense. These morons will always verbal diarrhea one way or other. They live with it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Doesn't this raise our total no of squadrons ? Considering we would order more Raffles like we did with SU30…?
You have to factor in mig-21 and mug-27 squadrons which are going to be de-commissioned in next 10 years.

Enquirer

Doesn't this raise our total no of squadrons ? Considering we would order more Raffles like we did with SU30…?
There are only around 32 squadrons right now....out which nearly 320 Mig21/27s will retire shortly. 320 Tejas Mk1/Mk1A/Mk2 will replace just those in the next 10 years.

Extra Rafales will augment a bit....but then Mirage2Ks/Mig29s will also retire in about 15-20 years!

Enquirer

There are only around 32 squadrons right now....out which nearly 320 Mig21/27s will retire shortly. 320 Tejas Mk1/Mk1A/Mk2 will replace just those in the next 10 years.

Extra Rafales will augment a bit....but then Mirage2Ks/Mig29s will also retire in about 15-20 years!
If MoD/DRDO folks are reading this...

The Mig21s should be made into autonomous - UCAVs!!!

Kchontha

Country flag
18 squadrons.......... Really?
Aircraft like rafale is just like a sniper rifle so it could not be part equipped the whole army. We shouldn't keep the whole budget on a particular vendor's coffers. Moreover, tejas is not just a fighter aircraft, it's just an aviation industrial ecosystem and platform for other high end fighters be it unmanned or manned.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles