Indian Air Force Light Combat Aircraft Tejas India's Second Supersonic Fighter

varun9509

Country flag
Noob question.

If war beaks out, and we need to manage a 2-front war, can we emergently ramp up the production of Tejas in its current form to make for the squadron deficit. Like producing a squadron a month. Do we have the infrastructure to do it?

Sent from my RMX1945 using Tapatalk

IndianHawk

Country flag
Noob question.

If war beaks out, and we need to manage a 2-front war, can we emergently ramp up the production of Tejas in its current form to make for the squadron deficit. Like producing a squadron a month.

Yes it's a question of money you spent in production line/ suppliers. If we open purse immediately we can produce multiple squadron per 2-3 months cycle. It will be very very expensive though.

Anyway there is no two front war. We can decimate paki within 3-4 days maximum and china has very filmsy military presence on India border.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

varun9509

Country flag
I know that terrain, weather and timing doesn't permit a 2 front war, but we can't fully ignore the China variable in the equation.

For army and Navy, all the tech that we need to mass producing them in case of emergency, are present in the country. But air Force is something that is highly dependent on foreign tech.

To mass produce Tejas, we need the tech to be available in emergency situation. But critical tech of Tejas is still foreign dependent. Can we really mass produce Tejas in its current form, if it is required?

Has anything like that ever happened in previous wars we fought?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Noob question.

If war beaks out, and we need to manage a 2-front war, can we emergently ramp up the production of Tejas in its current form to make for the squadron deficit. Like producing a squadron a month. Do we have the infrastructure to do it?

Simple answer is no... we don’t have a reliable domestically made engine....

varun9509

Country flag
Simple answer is no... we don’t have a reliable domestically made engine....
Sigh, everything boils down to Kaveri. God why!!!! [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

republic_roi97

Country flag
Sigh, everything boils down to Kaveri. God why!!!! [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Kaveri is the holy grail of engine tech, this would not only allow us to develop and deploy our own jet engine but a series of gas turbine based engines for use in navy ships, locomotives, propeller based aircrafts, turbines for heavyweight transportation vehicles and tanks and a ton of other usages, this would allow us to export fully indigenous technologies to other countries without any american approval.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
In case of emergency, i think they'd use whatever they've got in their hands perhaps make the plane fly with kaveri in its present form.
From what i understand, 25% of additional engines are kept as back up. I am not sure if such additional engine capacity is available at the moment.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I know that terrain, weather and timing doesn't permit a 2 front war, but we can't fully ignore the China variable in the equation.

For army and Navy, all the tech that we need to mass producing them in case of emergency, are present in the country. But air Force is something that is highly dependent on foreign tech.

To mass produce Tejas, we need the tech to be available in emergency situation. But critical tech of Tejas is still foreign dependent. Can we really mass produce Tejas in its current form, if it is required?

Has anything like that ever happened in previous wars we fought?

A war with china will probably see USA supporting us so we might get f404 faster for our requirements but it will again be very costly plus USA will extract geopolitical price for support.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

prateikf

Country flag
That's good news. But HAL won't be able to start production unless the IAF clears its pending dues amounting to Rs. 20,000 crore.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
This place has TWO threads for Tejas Mark 1/A & TWO due Tejas Mark 2!!!!!!!!!!

WHY????? @Mods

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles