India US Relations

Kumaoni

I don't think that's a fair comparison, it is NDTV doing what NDTV does best, i.e. trying to make the incumbent central govt look helpless. Even well before the Russia-Ukraine war the wait times for visas in US consulates in India had dramatically increased because of the enormous backlog. While it is true that China sends equal number of students to US as India, India pretty much is the largest beneficiary of other categories of visas such as H1b, L1, B1 etc. I don't have the recent numbers, but few years ago we were beneficiaries of over 60% of all H1bs, whereas China was < 10%. Add to the business and tourist visitors and consulates remaining shut for two years due to covid and you end up in the current situation.

While US has in the past has weaponized visas, they are also mercantilists to know not issuing visas mostly harms US universities and US companies that benefit enormously from Indian brain drain.

Brace yourself, next year both India and US prepare for 2024 elections, with dems controlling the government they will do their best to create as many obstacles in front of Modi as possible. The US establishment pulling Russia into a bloody war to permanently weaken it is a work in progress, once they are done with Russia, they will turn their sights towards China and India, it does not sit well with them to see an increasingly assertive, stronger India and Indian leadership.
Name me a single superpower that the US is allied with.

mokoman

Country flag
Does that matter, any regional party and neta which will become their accomplices or sepoy. The matter is policy. For them anyone will do and there plenty of them in every state.
I just hope better sense prevail in bhartiyas , rather than sabotaging and betraying ,sepoying their own land .our regional opportunist and clueless neta and people must understand that they will get bigger pie eventually by sticking and passing hurdles together.
oh you know Nagaland, tamil nad, andhra, chattisgarh, punjab, kerala ...
what exactly are the US going to do here - i mean publicaly via so called direct state diplomacy . apart from what they can already do via NGO and everything else ?

kerala has a communist gov for now . they are not exactly big fans of US gov . these people pushed linux/open source software on gov/schools because they didnt want to give bill gates even 1 paisa - something that could have been tried on national level

Last edited:

Kumaoni

what exactly are the US going to do here - i mean publicaly via so called direct state diplomacy . apart from what they can already do via NGO and everything else ?

kerala has a communist gov for now . they are not exactly big fans of US gov . these people pushed linux/open source software on schools because they didnt want to give bill gates even 1 paisa - something that could have been tried on national level
Sub national diplomacy sketchy af

TopWatcher

Country flag
It's the other way around, the Zbigniew Brezinski doctrine is to ensure there is never another superpower that can challenge the US hegemony, hence their decades long strategic program to hamstring Russia, China and India, in that order.
India need to create shield from US. Issue is europe also align with US.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Tbh our fate lies in the hand of the west not because of our economy but also because Indians hold Murica and West on a pedestal, this mental state cannot be changed over night and one might not ever escape it.

Our Bureaucracy is well know to prostrate itself in front of Goras and even their pet NRI, aggression is almost absent in these soijacks. We recently started talking back but its all for show there is no sincere fire in their belly. Foreign Policy at its core is afraid of USA ka danda.

We brown folks have also become comfortable with USA very recently, not two decades ago they tried every bit to hamper our progress.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Pakistan as a nation will always be a way for the PigSkins to leash us and contain our potential to a lesser extent China also serve the same purpose.
I can bet my arse USA will never let us completely decimate Pakistan even if it means going to war with us.

Don't confuse yourselves Pig Skins are Indias Civilization enemy No 1.
All our Policies should be oriented to take down the empire of Satan.

Kumaoni

Pakistan as a nation will always be a way for the PigSkins to leash us and contain our potential to a lesser extent China also serve the same purpose.
I can bet my arse USA will never let us completely decimate Pakistan even if it means going to war with us.

Don't confuse yourselves Pig Skins are Indias Civilization enemy No 1.
All our Policies should be oriented to take down the empire of Satan.
Chuslims are our historical and civilizational enemies
Pigskins are our genetic enemies

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Chuslims are our historical and civilizational enemies
Pigskins are our genetic enemies
the thing is islamics can be easily dealt with if they lose their outside support,this is why they are so anxious of people even being even-handed let alone going in india's camp.

first of all ask yourself this ,which is the moral and narrative force that gives Islamics the power to wash of their sins and be seen as equals among civilizations and religions and people better than them.It is ironically the West which the Islamics hate the most.the islamics need the west in the medium and short term as without that there is no long term islamic future as most other countries and groups will demolish them and take matters into their own hands.

also china cannot be the same force for Islamics except in a vague multipolar world order sense.China is actually more nationalistic and because they are atheist,they can never fully allow nor would ever allow islam to flourish locally and afterwards even internationally where they have a presence.they also are equipped to deal with it to.as for the rhetoric of being pro-islam most people are not deluded into thinking that the chinese truly believe that and are onl using it.their general population does not give a F.in the US,a significant portion of their future population hate modern proud and advancing non-white civilizations as they think they are emulating some sort of behavior adjacent to their definition of whiteness .so that means there is good inertia from US side to follow the woke policy unless they run into catastrophic crisises like they are facing now causing them to crash.this is what we should aim for.we must humiliate wokeness and liberalism from polite society and for that they need their dramatic fall from grace like for example UUSR in 1991 or hitler in 1945.

johnj

India not clear policy, on one side joined QUAD against china, on other side not voting against china in UNHC voting.on one side u need help but you helping other.
In other words China is right & India making dumb decisions.

johnj

kerala has a communist gov for now . they are not exactly big fans of US gov . these people pushed linux/open source software on gov/schools because they didnt want to give bill gates even 1 paisa - something that could have been tried on national level
When India going to become 100% communist ??
Kerala communist gov also not exactly big fans of delhi gov also.
linux/open source software - low cost, less/zero law suits/ big opportunity and not anti-US.

mokoman

Country flag
When India going to become 100% communist ??
Kerala communist gov also not exactly big fans of delhi gov also.
linux/open source software - low cost, less/zero law suits/ big opportunity and not anti-US.
bit more than that . they had a thing going on against microsoft specifically a decade back or so .

microsoft == tool of USA

pushing open source is not just about "free software" - there is a reason China is trying to remove all windows from its gov offices . i think i dont need to tell u y

johnj

bit more than that . they had a thing going on against microsoft specifically a decade back or so .

microsoft == tool of USA

pushing open source is not just about "free software" - there is a reason China is trying to remove all windows from its gov offices . i think i dont need to tell u y
''they had a thing'' - that ended a decade ago, and not related to USA, but yes, Microsoft, due to cost, legal issues etc, and they are against computers also.
Most of pover/mid people choose free/open source codes/software for R&D, including OS, hence Gov choose linux/open source & better than DOS.
Chinese case is different, - chinese want to remove all windows & kerala commu want to remove all computers, but today kerala gov changed mindset and computerisation gov sector, using linux/open source etc. Kerala having huge human resources/experience/r&d/institutions in the field of free/open source software/code area, and less in case of Microsoft & rare in mac/apple.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

They subvert political parties, let's be very honest here , and iam prepared for all the brickbats i will duly receive but indian state is fairly recent one , more or less 150 years , I have added brit rule here also .
While China, Iran etc had continous ruling dynasties more so in China, give me the same example about india the idea of Bharat, with which I agree but to be fair its a religious one , else why would chola fight chalukya , gupta fight vaktaka?
Even if i add muslim rule , still its very less time , but see in China, only dynasties changed, area remained the same and so did bureaucracy, ccp is the latest dynasty and xi jingping the current emperor, or jingping emperor.
Thing is indian state hood is fragile, it's not Russia or Iran are homogenous , Nay they are not but still they their governments goto great measures to hide internal fissures which is commendable .
We are a liberal western democracy, with courts doing their shit and political parties doing their shit .
It's not unknown that, dmk actively espouses separatism, or momta is out there trying become the latest Sultana of Bengal .
Indian bureaucracy is very much corrupt. 👌 they heed their immediate political masters and not the centre .
Usa is challenging the might of delhi sir , they mean to bypass it and deal with Calcutta and madras directly, NGO create pressure , but if political parties are compromised then we are done for, which they are anyway .
It's that we have a strong government at centre .
God forbid if at all , opposition returns in Delhi, there were sepretism lots of it .
With parties like aap actively ignoring orders from Delhi and now they have a whole bloody state called as punjab. A proper State .
May mahadev have mercy on us

skunk works

Country flag
Lot of anger towards India in Washington DC at present. Justified or not, that is the fact. Hope for quick remedial actions from India (May be quick clearance for F-18 purchase?)
'Remedial action', Zhao Lijian and Hu Xijin would be proud of this.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles