India US Relations

mokoman

Country flag
American regime & it's vassals have a filthy dubious record of regime changes & assassinations of "problematic people" i.e. people who do not tow their line.

Check out the Iranian scientists taken out by America & its Jewish state.

So such an action will not be beyond them.
the homi bhaba one makes sense and its not new . but rest of things read like conspiracy theories.

CIA assassinating Shastri while he was in the soviet union , or a disease weapon that can wipe out all rice in Asia .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
the homi bhaba one makes sense and its not new . but rest of things read like conspiracy theories.

CIA assassinating Shastri while he was in the soviet union , or a disease weapon that can wipe out all rice in Asia .
in these sorts of cases, we will never know what is truth what is not.

as a general commentary, as cold war 2.0 heats up, more of these things will happen. for about three decades, there was a unipolar world hence less crude subversive tactics were adopted. once the stakes become high again, safe to assume old crude tactics may come back.

Varoon2

Country flag
our coconuts must be reminded again and again, no matter how much they suck up to them, they will always remain "cow loving ragheads" in their master's eyes.
But I thought India was very highly regarded by the Western countries, all these years and decades, until that dark day in May/2014, when Modi and the BJP came on the scene. Before then, weren't the media of the US, UK et al constantly singing India's praises as a great example of modern, secular, pluralistic democracy? It's not like they gave arms to Pakistan, or opposed India on Kashmir, imposed sanctions on India for its nuclear program, or even did something like threaten India in the Bay of Bengal. This must have all happened only after May 26th/2014, when the right wing, Hindu nationalist, majoritarian BJP government was sworn into office.

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
But I thought India was very highly regarded by the Western countries, all these years and decades, until that dark day in May/2014, when Modi and the BJP came on the scene. Before then, weren't the media of the US, UK et al constantly singing India's praises as a great example of modern, secular, pluralistic democracy? It's not like they gave arms to Pakistan, or opposed India on Kashmir, imposed sanctions on India for its nuclear program, or even did something like threaten India in the Bay of Bengal. This must have all happened only after May 26th/2014, when the right wing, Hindu nationalist, majoritarian BJP government was sworn into office.
Global north has high tribalistic mentality . Its just the money , media power we fail to see it . African and Asian countries have endured lots of sabotage of development project , coup , violent protest , civil war , assassinations . Power being transferred to some brown / black ass country is highly insulting .

Varoon2

Country flag
. African and Asian countries have endured lots of sabotage of development project , coup , violent protest , civil war , assassinations . Power being transferred to some brown / black ass country is highly insulting .
Congo/Zaire is one such country that is very rich in mineral resources, one of the most well endowed in the world, not just the third world. It's very doubtful if any of this mineral wealth is helping the people there, or is the core of that country's development. It's more like a few Western countries, and now China, have got control of the majority of the resources. And some pay-offs are made to corrupt African officials.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
if we take a step back and take a look at India-US discourse from 30,000 feet height, discourse is leaning heavily towards the problem statement side of things with very little percentage being on the solution side of things, this is inspite of Modi Govt already having shown the way forward both in words and action.

what modi govt basically saying to U.S is, we don't have to agree on everything, but we have enough areas to work on together so that we can get to know each other. this message is not getting reflecting the discourse, not from U.S side, not from India side in non-governmental space.

our folks need to find a narrative that can resolve some of the anxieties from the murican side regarding India. need to find a way to bypass this "values" rhetoric that has been thrust upon us, it has been specifically designed to filter out the "deplorables" and limit outreach of countries to U.S who do not conform to "liberal world order" yardstick.

let's hope it's not too late.

Blademaster

if we take a step back and take a look at India-US discourse from 30,000 feet height, discourse is leaning heavily towards the problem statement side of things with very little percentage being on the solution side of things, this is inspite of Modi Govt already having shown the way forward both in words and action.

what modi govt basically saying to U.S is, we don't have to agree on everything, but we have enough areas to work on together so that we can get to know each other. this message is not getting reflecting the discourse, not from U.S side, not from India side in non-governmental space.

our folks need to find a narrative that can resolve some of the anxieties from the murican side regarding India. need to find a way to bypass this "values" rhetoric that has been thrust upon us, it has been specifically designed to filter out the "deplorables" and limit outreach of countries to U.S who do not conform to "liberal world order" yardstick.

let's hope it's not too late.
I agree with you on some points but I do think it is too late. The liberals have been completely taken over by the woke crowd. I can only hope that the democrats receive a shellacking and that the Squad of congressmen & women get voted out.

But I am not holding hopes because if the gay marriage bill passes through the Senate, the woke crowd have definitely penetrated the Republican Party.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I agree with you on some points but I do think it is too late. The liberals have been completely taken over by the woke crowd. I can only hope that the democrats receive a shellacking and that the Squad of congressmen & women get voted out.

But I am not holding hopes because if the gay marriage bill passes through the Senate, the woke crowd have definitely penetrated the Republican Party.
ever since the covid started, it's becoming difficult to assess from outside what exactly is happening within U.S. for example i read a report the other day that CNN MSNBC viewership is down in double digits and yet it doesn't seem to trigger any corporate reorientation. the whole spiel of U.S is free market, and yet the fundamentals of free market doesn't seem to apply to many entities within in U.S.

things like these indicate bubbles, and when bubbles burst in U.S whole world suffers. and this is a concern.

Kumaoni

Calling Lal Bahadur Shastri, a "cow-loving raghead"

No wonder the Americunts turn a blind eye to the antics of Mullas in Pakistan/Bangladesh.

The purge India needs to get rid of the moles will make Stalin's purge look like child's play.

This is fake, but, they did used to hold racist views back then. As did everyone.

Kumaoni

X posting from politics thread
====
written in 1965 by an american journalist.
disdain for Hindu majority is too evident.

will have to read it again later to fully grasp what is being said in this essay.
=====
Troubled India and Her Neighbors

One American journalist accused india of literal barbarianism in 1965 war. NYT called india aggressor in 1961 when we liberated Goa. Anti Indian ness in American press has history

Kumaoni

Thats why i love indira gandhi .
She stood against usa like a rock , and she succeeded
Probably , the daughter of nehroo was more pragmatic and having spent much of her youth in west she indeed understand their real mindset.
Say whatever you want about her economic policies or KGB infiltration (the latter of which is still quite debatable).

She had guts like no other. She literally made Brezhnev not only stop giving Pak weapons, but soviet military support for us.

Kumaoni

Not into conspiracies. LBS death, to me, is probably of natural cause until I see more evidence to support any foreign hand. Also, LBS was quite pro Soviet.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
if we are to take a simplistic view, and rely on the notion that history repeats itself.

Being one sixth of population is not a reliable sales pitch, but rather being on the winning side of the next world war or atleast not being on the loosing side gives us more chance than what we have to offer at this point in time.

while the diplomatic dance may continue in the mean time, better to focus on economy, industry and military to be on the right side of the next big war.

incumbents in any scenario won't share their power, only way to join the incumbent club is by being on the winning side of a power struggle. in our case looks like we have to "fight" one of the P itself to make convincing case.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles