India, US planned to attack China via Nepal: Prachanda

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned

Updated on Thursday, August 06, 2009, 14:00 IST

Kathmandu: Maoist chief Prachanda has made a sensational charge that India and the US had planned to launch anti-China campaign, even a possible attack on the Communist giant, using Nepalese territory.

"I had to quit the post of Prime Minister as my party was opposed to allow our territory to be used against China," Prachanda was quoted as saying by the Rajdhani daily.

"The US-India plan had to face challenge from our party and that triggered the conspiracy against my government," Prachanda, who quit following a rift with his coalition partners over the controversial decision to sack the Army chief, said at a training programme of the Maoists here.

Prachanda had earlier blamed India for toppling his eight-months old government in May this year. The Maoist chief said he was quoting a senior Indian professor while making these statements but did not name the Indian scholar.

He alleged that reactionary and conspiratorial elements have been deceiving the Nepalese people by acting as agents of the foreign powers.

"But we will never bow down before any power for the establishment of peace and writing the constitution," he said.

Conspiracy is being hatched to sabotage against the writing of the constitution, he pointed out.

Prachanda's allegations came ahead of a month long protest programme by his party starting tomorrow with the aimed at maintaining "civilian supremacy" and forming a government of national consensus under Maoists' leadership.

Bureau Report

Mohan

Respected Member
Well prachanda will burn himself and his country if he makes these kind of statements.He is trying to play china card.Hmm interesting. I am waiting for Chinas reaction to this.

Flint

Wow. What crock. Yet another "leader" from the subcontinent using India to bolster their faltering popularity.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Let him blabber. Another CCP stooge in Nepal.

johnee

He had greater chance of convincing the world if he had said that China planned to attack India through Nepal. But of course, he has a propaganda to spread against India in Nepal!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles