ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Thread [emoji116]
=====
Deal is done and dusted! AK-203 is coming! Users will include:

> Regular non-frontline Infantrymen
> CI/CT Units (Rashtriya Rifles/Assam Rifles)
> CAPFs

Will eventually trickle down to State Police and the various SWAT/QRT units as well.

What we can expect over existing AKs -

> Better build quality
> Long 12'o clock rail integrated into dust cover
> Flip-up pivoted dust cover.
> Quad-railed handguard
> Ergonomic Pistol grip
> Improved Fire selector lever
> Collapsible Lightweight Stock
> Polymer Magazine
> Improved Flash hider
> Redesigned 90-degree gas port
> Original AK sight picture is retained for irons

In short, all the stuff we'd only have gotten had we paid for an aftermarket (and expensive) modernization kit like from FAB Defense is now factory-standard.

The long rail on the dust cover removes the need for riser modules to be tacked on to the weapon, as was the case with several Rashtriya Rifles-operated AKs (before we started buying the FAB Defense/TDI Arms upgrade kits with aftermarket dust covers)

These riser modules were ungainly and it was awkward for shooters to have a good cheek weld on the firearm while still being able to see through the optic (as because of the lack of railed dust cover, the sight had to be offset at a great height).

The fact taht the AK-203 does not have a full-length 12'o clock Picatinny rail has an advantage - the original AK sight picture being retained, it should be extremely easy for shooters who have been using the AKM/Eastern European copies to get used to the AK-203 in a short while.

The flip-up hinged dust cover, instead of one that comes off completely is advantageous in two ways. 1) its still familiar to use for existing AK users and 2) it helps retain the sight zeroing much, much better (this was a major problem with old AKs with receiver-mounted sights)

Satybharat

Country flag
Great News...We must have a reliable Indian design in future

rone

Country flag
gathak Trichy assault rifle, lol another ak comes to India

JUN NO YAO

ak 203 , i don't know much about this gun, ak47 is good gun with enough penetration power but woret accuracy. reports are saying ak203 has much much better accuracy.then its a good deal, anyways past govt gave nothing except old migs, jaguar, worthless insas, zero helmet,zero bullet proof,soil filled ammunition,retired aircraft carrier still not reliable aakash system,tejas(hal is very proud to say ,they can produce 5per year,they should burry their heads inside the hole)bla bla bla ,
i get mad when i remember how the past govt shamelessly destoryed our motherland.
we still are using ageold waki, not the micro receiver,they don't even have proper galves . this is madness

shankyz

Country flag
ak 203 , i don't know much about this gun, ak47 is good gun with enough penetration power but woret accuracy. reports are saying ak203 has much much better accuracy.then its a good deal, anyways past govt gave nothing except old migs, jaguar, worthless insas, zero helmet,zero bullet proof,soil filled ammunition,retired aircraft carrier still not reliable aakash system,tejas(hal is very proud to say ,they can produce 5per year,they should burry their heads inside the hole)bla bla bla ,
i get mad when i remember how the past govt shamelessly destoryed our motherland.
we still are using ageold waki, not the micro receiver,they don't even have proper galves . this is madness
AK-203 are used by Marcos, with silencers/suppressors - as seen in pics from Kashmir.

Don't think a professional force like them would use a rifle with bad accuracy.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
ak 103 is used by marcos for well over a decade or two.
Ak-203 is more recent addition to the kalashnikov family.

rone

Country flag
From my knowledge I think this ak203 deal mainly for metallurgy tot becoz ak203 just a kited version of ak103 more less we have gathak rifle on similar nature also Trichy one can be converted in to ak203 kited version ,so this tot provide us most important thing our small arms industry lack the international standard metallurgy

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
ak 103 is used by marcos for well over a decade or two.
Ak-203 is more recent addition to the kalashnikov family.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Thread [emoji116]
=====
Deal is done and dusted! AK-203 is coming! Users will include:

> Regular non-frontline Infantrymen
> CI/CT Units (Rashtriya Rifles/Assam Rifles)
> CAPFs
Regular non-frontline Infantrymen?? :confused1: WTF does that mean? Can that Twitter guy elucidate?

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
What will happen to Ordnance Factory Kashipur and Ordnance Factory Ishapore?
They will continue producing what they are at present to replace thousands of these antique museum pieces of WW I vintage, the .303........

kr9

Country flag
I wish we had got the AK 201 in 5.56 NATO. It would have better range and flatter trajectory.

Why I am saying this is :- using Russian 7.62 ammo at 715m/s, 500m range is the max limit. However, Indian 7.62x39 ammo has less velocity (according to OFB site, it is 670m/s) and might not reach that far.
Unless the OFB site has a typo or I am missing something.

sorcerer

Country flag
[Exclusive] India-Russia defence deal gets go-ahead: AK-203 assault rifles to be made in India

Over 6 lakh Kalashnikov assault rifles will be made here, now that the differences between Russia and India have been sorted out. Now, the weapons will be manufactured by a firm called Indo-Russian Private Ltd.

There will be a TOT, or transfer of technology, and importantly, no royalty for weapons made. Under the just worked out agreement, the cost of the rifle will come down, and for now, the quantity. The total cost is going to be about Rs 5,125 crore.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
[Exclusive] India-Russia defence deal gets go-ahead: AK-203 assault rifles to be made in India

Over 6 lakh Kalashnikov assault rifles will be made here, now that the differences between Russia and India have been sorted out. Now, the weapons will be manufactured by a firm called Indo-Russian Private Ltd.

There will be a TOT, or transfer of technology, and importantly, no royalty for weapons made. Under the just worked out agreement, the cost of the rifle will come down, and for now, the quantity. The total cost is going to be about Rs 5,125 crore.

Iam very happy , very happy today coz it's russia

pipebomb

Country flag
SATYANAASS

Do we need more russian leverage over foreign policy which it really is.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles