India to ToT and Manufacture 750,000 AK-203 Assault Rifles

pipebomb

Country flag
We need Russian period along with France
Atleast two reliable power.

US is pretty unreasonable and un reliable
Democracies are sometimes unreasonable or unreliable. We don't have to look far from home for realising this. But keep in mind every country including 'reliable powers' like Russia will not bat an eyelid before acting in its foreign policy interest(imho we will soon see this manifest in af-pak region much to our discomfort). Russia being an autocracy certainly provide it much more flexibility than US, thats one of the reasons why US likes to deal with dictators (pre-revolution iran, egypt, saudis etc).

No one is saying we junk our bilateral relationship with Russia. But why can't we aspire for Russia-China kind of bilateral relationship. China is not buying every single russian gear at the cost of their MIC and more importantly AUTONOMY unlike us, surely they "need russia" more than us, also they don't have any major 'reliable power' besides Russia(ofcourse nk & packies don't count).

Our whole armoured corps, majority of our underwater fleet or even surface fleet, majority of our fighter aircrafts etc, are at russian mercy. Reducing your dependency on someone does not equates to increasing on someone else. All i was pointing out is that anything can be harmless upto moderation, and our dependenceny on Russian have way past moderation a long time ago and it has to addressed sooner than later.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Friends, according to the latest report, Putin's visit is going to finalize the deal and it would take some more time before the forces can get weapons in their hands. You know, several models that the Army has rejected end up selling to the state police forces.

How viable, in your view, is this approach?
Why is it that the HMO accepts the guns, while the objective of these guns vis-a-vis usage is the same?
Does this not raise a question by the RMO/PMO that is the Army's top brass involved in foul play?

AK-203 might not be the favourite here but the reports that fly in say that we are getting a full TOT and any exports will be allowed to be considered Indian. What benefit does Russia get in this case?

Sorry, still a little confused about this whole deal though I am a sucker for AK models. (My brothers don't really talk much about work when they are on leave from their postings).

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Friends, according to the latest report, Putin's visit is going to finalize the deal and it would take some more time before the forces can get weapons in their hands. You know, several models that the Army has rejected end up selling to the state police forces.

Why is it that the HMO accepts the guns, while the objective of these guns vis-a-vis usage is the same?
Does this not raise a question by the RMO/PMO that is the Army's top brass involved in foul play?

AK-203 might not be the favourite here but the reports that fly in say that we are getting a full TOT and any exports will be allowed to be considered Indian. What benefit does Russia get in this case?

Sorry, still a little confused about this whole deal though I am a sucker for AK models. (My brothers don't really talk much about work when they are on leave from their postings).
This is all and all please the Ruskies, the way you did by standardising a bullpup for special forces to please IWI and now the same with the case of AK-203 to KC.

vampyrbladez

Country flag

I said the same earlier this year.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles