India to provide assistance to cyclone-ravaged Vanuatu: Narendra Modi

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
16 Mar, 2015,
NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today expressed grief at the devastation caused by cyclone 'Pam' in Vanuatu, the island in the Pacific Ocean, and said India will provide immediate financial assistance to that country. "The devastation caused by cyclone Pam in Vanuatu is extremely unfortunate. I share the sorrow and pain of all those who have been affected," Modi said in a message. He said the Ministry of External Affairs will provide immediate financial assistance to people of Vanuatu. "We stand shoulder to shoulder with Vanuatu in this hour of grief," the Prime Minister said. The damage from the category five storm to the island nation has been extensive and is still being assessed.
India to provide assistance to cyclone-ravaged Vanuatu: Narendra Modi - The Economic Times

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Re: India to provide assistance to cyclone-ravaged Vanuatu: Narendra M

India gives 250,000 USD to cyclone-ravaged Vanuatu

New Delhi: India has given a cash assistance of USD 250,000 to Vanuatu which has been hit by a massive tropical cyclone leading to loss of lives and widespread destruction of property. "The government is deeply saddened by the tragedy caused by the category 5 Tropical Cyclone Pam, which struck Vanuatu from March 13, 2015, leading to loss of lives and widespread destruction of property." "The scale of the disaster is growing as basic infrastructure and livelihood has been severely impacted," an External Affairs Ministry release said in New Delhi. Apart from an immediate cash assistance of USD 250,000, the government has offered to stand ready to extend any further assistance required by the people of Vanuatu in this hour of need,keeping in view the friendly bilateral relations and also the humanitarian situation, in the wake of the cyclone, it added. Vanuatu is an Oceanian island nation located in the South Pacific Ocean.
India gives 250,000 USD to cyclone-ravaged Vanuatu - IBNLive

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag

India gives 250,000 USD to cyclone-ravaged Vanuatu

New Delhi: India has given a cash assistance of USD 250,000 to Vanuatu which has been hit by a massive tropical cyclone leading to loss of lives and widespread destruction of property. "The government is deeply saddened by the tragedy caused by the category 5 Tropical Cyclone Pam, which struck Vanuatu from March 13, 2015, leading to loss of lives and widespread destruction of property." "The scale of the disaster is growing as basic infrastructure and livelihood has been severely impacted," an External Affairs Ministry release said in New Delhi. Apart from an immediate cash assistance of USD 250,000, the government has offered to stand ready to extend any further assistance required by the people of Vanuatu in this hour of need,keeping in view the friendly bilateral relations and also the humanitarian situation, in the wake of the cyclone, it added. Vanuatu is an Oceanian island nation located in the South Pacific Ocean.
India gives 250,000 USD to cyclone-ravaged Vanuatu - IBNLive
Andhra pradesh is still waiting for funds from central govt to build our capital.And our PM wants to spend on aid to other countries. FUNNY:crusin7::crusin2::crusin4:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Andhra pradesh is still waiting for funds from central govt to build our capital.And our PM wants to spend on aid to other countries. FUNNY:crusin7::crusin2::crusin4:
Spending on Vanuatu may fetch a vote in UN when necessary.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag

Spending on Vanuatu may fetch a vote in UN when necessary.
OK i Agree thats great plan made by Modi but what about citizens they are in despair

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

OK i Agree thats great plan made by Modi but what about citizens they are in despair
Was looking at the break up of andhra budget, I thought it was a balanced budget and sufficient funds allocated. My point is that situation is not that bad in my opinion. I am confident that Naidu will be able to manage.

Although I will concede that budget is 7000 cr deficit.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles