India to introduce Chinese high speed train

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
You are talking through your ass, really. You just don't know enough about the country and the systems.

The reason for slow highway construction is land acquisition and litigation, as I already mentioned. Land acquisition is definitely going to be a challenge, but once the land is acquired, it will be proceed like clockwork.

If you knew a little more about economics and realities of the country, you would have realized that subsidies are provided to IR because it is a political hot potato, and no one wants to increase fares.

Only a fool will say that there is not enough demand for HSR in India. Booking a confirmed train ticket in India requires three months advance notice. All buses between cities are full, all highway eating joints are full of car-borne families eating meals. You have no idea of the insane demand for inter-city travel (talking about major corridors like Bangalore-Chennai, Pune-Mumbai, Mumbai-Surat, etc.) - the number of people who travel on an annual basis is more than the population of most countries.

Understand that the existing IR will not build HSR. HSR will be built using a PPP model. Of course the project is doomed to failure if we follow your line of thinking: using IR's existing infrastructure, having IR's current organization manage the project. etc. etc. That is not how it will work. Also realize that there is no shortage of money for any project that has assured returns. Money is never an issue in India for any project where there are returns. There is a reason we are speaking of mass-traffic corridors like Bangalore-Chennai, Amhedabad-Mumbai, etc. which have enough purchasing power and demand, and not cities like Patna-Gorakhpur or Puri-Raipur. :crazy:
Asses see ass
don't blame on acquisition, if you have money, you acquire, I don't know the cost of the unit price in India, but it won't be cheaper than in China.
You don't have oil, then you have to buy everything from asphalt to construction fiber, you just cannot afford it. well, acquisition is a problem but since when you cared this much, you bulldozed new Delhi slums for commonwealth games didn't you.

road condition like this are called auto way in India, which actually are not auto way since it is not lifted and it is not fenced.

There is always demand for HSR none has denied it, but can your passengers afford it? Beijing- Guangzhou second class cost 1000 rmb one way,
some 8000 rupees, this is Indian regular IT worker's monthly income, if I am not mistaken.

speaking of PPP model, your highway system is PPP model, your government takes 40% the rest are PPPs, since 2005 they have claimed to build real
highways along the northeast 7 states, until today, not a single piece of stone laid. so tell me about PPP.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
I hope you know that HSR will run on dedicated lines, and the whole infrastructure is going to be separate from the current railways and also draw upon the expertise of foreign countries.

Land acquisition certainly is the biggest concern. Unlike China which can just bulldoze anywhere. For China, the distance between any two points is a straight line. Then Boom!!
In India land acquisition takes a lot of time and goes through lots of legal hassles.

Ideally it is done that way, but you just modified bullet train to run on BG rails, please refer to previous posts.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
I hope you know that HSR will run on dedicated lines, and the whole infrastructure is going to be separate from the current railways and also draw upon the expertise of foreign countries.

Land acquisition certainly is the biggest concern. Unlike China which can just bulldoze anywhere. For China, the distance between any two points is a straight line. Then Boom!!
In India land acquisition takes a lot of time and goes through lots of legal hassles.
After seeing Mumbai's slums bulldozed, he now works to save and restore them - CSMonitor.com

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ideally it is done that way, but you just modified bullet train to run on BG rails, please refer to previous posts.
Nothing is confirmed as to what's gonna happen.

And don't worry about the cost and affordability. The scale of travel will take sure it will be feasible and economical as well.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
I don't want to embellish China, Chinese government hurts its citizen's rights and property, but bulldozing always happen as they cannot reach a deal on the amount of compensation.
but Indian bulldozing is purely cruel, it leaves these people homeless, you at least should offer them a single flat to survive.

cloud_9

Country flag
HSR will be made with the Japanese money and JR will be involved so I see no Chinese rolling stock coming to India :noidea: Anyway the Chinese are pretty skilled when it comes HSR :thumb:

Tolaha

A cheap troll pastes a rumour/possibility/discussion as a confirmed news and it gets so much attention! :tsk:

BTW I just did the same thing as you guys did! :troll:

Tolaha

this is called shameless bluffing isn't it, if your indigenous plants are so good why do you waste your precious foreign exchange to purchase something does not last?
Not everything in India is decided by the State you know! We have got something called private companies. One of the chief private power company that imported Chinese power plants was Reliance power. The reason they did so was:

a. Chinese power plants are CHEAP
b. Chinese were the only ones who were willing to give a loan, that too CHEAP, to Reliance power!

I think Chinese have been very kind in giving Anil Ambani led companies some cheap loan! :D

You might have been led to believe that Chinese power plants "saved Indian ass". Nothing could be further from the truth. Also, I assure you, Chinese power plants, or for that matter, machinery in general, don't seem to work with the same efficiency as they do within China!

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Also, I assure you, Chinese power plants, or for that matter, machinery in general, don't seem to work with the same efficiency as they do within China!
:laugh: That's mainly because they don't work with the expected efficiency in China either, but all that non-performance is covered up by "The Party".

ice berg

You might have been led to believe that Chinese power plants "saved Indian ass". Nothing could be further from the truth. Also, I assure you, Chinese power plants, or for that matter, machinery in general, don't seem to work with the same efficiency as they do within China!
That is because you need people to run those machines. :namaste:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Chinese power equipments work perfectly in China, but caused the biggest blackout in human history when they were used in India, even though China produces much more electricity than India. I guess Indians just couldnt let anything go without blaming others.

Sent from Huawei Ascend T8830

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That is because you need people to run those machines. :namaste:

True.

You sure require chaps as they do in China from the Laogai!

Sad part is that even the closest ally of China, Pakistan, junked Chinese locomotives and took it from India, which they consider as their enemy and the Indian locomotives worked, while the Chinese locomotives were sent to the museum as great inventions of China!

Pakistan was had by China.

Speaks highly of cheap Chinese products.

Last edited:

Illusive

Country flag
China's initial high speed trains were imported or built under technology transfer agreements with foreign train-makers including Siemens, Bombardier and Kawasaki Heavy Industries. Chinese engineers then re-designed internal train components and built indigenous trains that can reach operational speeds of up to 380 km/h (240 mph)
High-speed rail in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We should do the same like Chinese, i just hope that these Chinese trains have long life cause conditions in India is different from China and it takes toll on machinery.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China's initial high speed trains were imported or built under technology transfer agreements with foreign train-makers including Siemens, Bombardier and Kawasaki Heavy Industries. Chinese engineers then re-designed internal train components and built indigenous trains that can reach operational speeds of up to 380 km/h (240 mph)
And that is when the cock ups happened!

nimo_cn

Country flag
True.

You sure require chaps as they do in China from the Laogai!

Sad part is that even the closest ally of China, Pakistan, junked Chinese locomotives and took it from India, which they consider as their enemy and the Indian locomotives worked, while the Chinese locomotives were sent to the museum as great inventions of China!

Pakistan was had by China.

Speaks highly of cheap Chinese products.
If people make one penny every time they quote the locomotives China exported to Pakistan, I believe you would have already made a fortune.

As it has been made clear by so many Indian posters that Chinese trains are junks, then why the Indian authority got interested in Chinese junks, they must be fools.

Whoever voted in these fools were not that smart.

Sent from Huawei Ascend T8830

Tolaha

As it has been made clear by so many Indian posters that Chinese trains are junks, then why the Indian authority got interested in Chinese junks, they must be fools.

Whoever voted in these fools were not that smart.
:tsk: Indian "authorities" have not placed order for Chinese junks! It is the private sector. Mainly Reliance power who were struggling to get loans from Indian bank due to the banks fear of NPA. Chinese were the only ones willing to take the risk of funding them and so obviously they bought the power plants from the Chinese. When will some of our Chinese members realise that unlike as in China, not everything is decided by the "authorities" in other countries!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles