India to introduce Chinese high speed train

Yijiuliuer

Tihar Jail
Banned
this is even more absurd, is it for real?

Bullet trains to slow down to 110 kmph for India tracks
The train sets (bullet trains), which India had proposed to acquire, will be "intensively modified" so that they can run at a much slower speed on the country's existing Broad Gauge (BG) tracks.

------------------------

Why did you buy the high speed train in the first place then?

I strongly suspect there is actually a scandal going on here, it is literally impossible to build such a high speed train system given the current
infrastructure in India, but Indian public service smart asses knows how to get kick backs, they propose such a white elephant to the world,
Japs, French, German and yesterday Chinese all got invitation, so cash will secretly flows in to some Swiss bank even before anything inked.

and then, they just drop the case, bribes taken, projects forgotten.

Yijiuliuer

Tihar Jail
Banned
prashant saxena "¢ 2 months ago −
This is like buying a Ferrari that can run 350 mph and modifying it to run at 100 mph. Why not modify the existing trains to run faster? But then how will they get a commission on a 25000 crore deal??
10 "¢Reply"¢Share "º

Manik "¢ 2 months ago −
Bunch of jokers and it shows how stupid one can get.....
4 "¢Reply"¢Share "º

Jack Jumping "¢ 2 months ago −
The author is apparently dumb, does not understand the subject and makes it sound like trains are being modified to run slower. They are not.

India is going to build high speed tracks on some stretches where these trains will run at top speeds. For example, the long term vision may be for a Mumbai Delhi 350 kph train. To complete this vision may take several years. But Mumbai to Ahmedabad might get done much sooner. Why not allow people to benefit from this high speed track as soon as it is commissioned? This means that the train will have to run on existing track for long distances as well.
India has Broad Gauge tracks. If we are buying off the shelf trains from outside, the trains are going to be made for Standard Gauge used in Europe or Japan. To be able to run a SG train on a BG track, you need to modify the undercarriage and axles extensively. That is what the railways are planning to do. We are the only country with such a massive network of BG track. Even Delhi Metro's SG Korean coaches have been 'intensively modified' to run on BG Delhi Metro tracks made in the 2000s.
The railways may have idiots (mostly stupid or corrupt railway ministers) in charge, but the staff know what they are doing. If it were not so, you wouldn't see thousands of trains blasting across the country 24 hours a day without accidents on a daily basis.

2 1 "¢Reply"¢Share "º

avi Jack Jumping "¢ 6 hours ago −
It may UPA idea, Rahul gandhi might have got tht idea
0 "¢Reply"¢Share "º

reji Jack Jumping "¢ a month ago −
what is the point in bringing in a super fast train and make them run slower than current speeds. This is pure stupidiy given the cost. I dont understand when will these guys learn to do stuff proper. Do you want customers to enjoy the proper bullet trains or some wannabe bullet trains running at 100. Our country cannot afford these luxury of modification and remodification considering there are no obvious benefits of bringing these trains at reduced speeds. Just give us the final thing.
0 "¢Reply"¢Share "º

Kapil "¢ 2 months ago −
Okay, so, now bullet train scam?
1 "¢Reply"¢Share "º

AB "¢ 2 months ago −
I thought the Express trains today are already doing maximum speeds of 130 KMPH ! Why Slow BULLETS then ?
1 "¢Reply"¢Share "º

Vish.. "¢ 2 months ago −
Better to build suitable tracks between few corridors.
1 "¢Reply"¢Share "º

Aijaz "¢ 3 days ago −
it is not better to purchase trains of Rs 25000 crores and run on the speed of 110 KMPH.We should improve our technology instead of depending on others.

Yijiuliuer

Tihar Jail
Banned
The railways have decided to go in for six bullet train-sets at an estimated cost of Rs. 25,000 crore and an announcement is expected in the next rail budget. Bullet trains are capable of clocking a speed of 325 kilometres per hour. But in the absence of requisite infrastructure, these will run at an 110 kmph on existing broad-gauge routes.
Japanese, French and German consortia are in the race to sell these train-sets, even as the Japanese are sponsoring a study on high-speed rail possibilities in India.Justifying the "piecemeal and premature" acquisition proposal, an official said, "Such projects have a long gestation period, but one has to start somewhere."The Japanese consortium has quoted a price of Rs. 54 crore per coach — the cost of the train-set working out to approximately Rs. 900 crore "We will go in for some mix-and-match to negotiate a better price. Each train-set should come at a cost of about Rs. 300 to Rs. 400 cr," an official said.

------------------
Can this be ranked as the biggest joke of the year? I really don't believe it is something really happening, It is just insulting.
or it is just a trick to take advantage of Japanese/

You spend a lot to buy bullet trains, and you spend even more to reduce its speed by 2/3... Incredible India
---------------------------------

Yijiuliuer

Tihar Jail
Banned
Don't get ahead of yourself. You seem to forget that it is the customer who is always king, and it is the Chinese companies who will come begging for such a massive contract, not the other way round.

Your post does not merit serious discussion because it contains a whole lot of hogwash, frankly. "Floods", "tropical weather", and all that. :crazy:
Actually, Let's travel back to history, see September of 2012?

Chini maal.... no one buys it.

First set of Rapid Metro Rail coaches arrive in Gurgaon from China : North, News - India Today

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
There wil be many corridors.
Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad
Jaipur-Delhi
Ahmedabad-Jaipur
Bangalore-Chennai
Chennai-Hyderabad
Bangalore-Hyderabad

If these corridors come around,
On can travel from Chennai to Delhi as well using HSR but will require Multiple switch if trains but it still will be faster compared to the travel time today.

There is no doubt that HSR will be financially feasible. It will have a huge market. One of the potential opponents and lobby will be the airline industry. After the collapse of Kingfisher, airlines have been making merry hiking prices dramatically. Even then, there has been a cartelisation in the airline industry.

Still with if the number of buses that operate on say a Bangslore Chennai route is anything to go by, HSR will be preferred and also feasible.

cir

This is bad news。

China should have no part in building India's HSR。

Let India use Japanese money and technology and end up with some extremely costly whihe elephants。

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
This is bad news。

China should have no part in building India's HSR。

Let India use Japanese money and technology and end up with some extremely costly whihe elephants。
Are speaking after learning from te Chinese experience of HSR being expensive white elephants?

Yijiuliuer

Tihar Jail
Banned
Are speaking after learning from te Chinese experience of HSR being expensive white elephants?
This is not true, beijing-guangzhou 300-350 KM/h will be operational next month.it will extend to Hongkong and possibly Bangkok. It is a real elephant, oh, no, real panda.

This being said, I encourage Indian railway engineers to think big. If investment is in place and power grid is sound, High speed rail will be eventually beneficial to the whole nation as it has been to China.

LTE-TDD

this is called shameless bluffing isn't it, if your indigenous plants are so good why do you waste your precious foreign exchange to purchase something does not last?

You never understand indian wonderful thinking logic, that's why we only buy, buy and buy. I wonder if indian have ever made something?

LTE-TDD

Hahaha! Copies of what exactly dear fellow? If they were "cheap copies" would your government consider buyiing them? And after all these years of you making fun of China's HSR network, it seems your country wants a piece of this our action:thumb:

India had a bad experience with poor maintenance of equipment resulting in large scale power outages. The largest cities in China use the same equipment, yet I don't remember province-wide black-outs in China, do you?
India can only buy cheap since they are poor, what they want to buy?

LTE-TDD

Scale. Indian company is full of orders. People who can't wait are getting the Chinese junk and regretting it.
Poor friend, please do not buy, make you high speed train! If you has no ability to do so, then simply shut up!

LTE-TDD

Indeed, its difficult to maintain junk and trash. They need to be thrown out right away and buried in a garbage dump.
Do not say this before you can make you good eqiupement. Do not let people down look at you.

LTE-TDD

Tropical weather will further make the maintenance even costy, if I were Indian government, I won't opt high speed rail even if there is no hurdle in technology.

Fast speed train ( 120 -180 km/h)on current rail is the best way out for India, what they badly needed is a much more upgraded signal system and contrl system.
High speed train for India, what a wondful dream from poor India?

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Yijiuliuer said:
Fast speed train ( 120 -180 km/h)on current rail is the best way out for India, what they badly needed is a much more upgraded signal system and contrl system.
That is indeed an option being explored seriously.
High speed trains to cut travel time between Mumbai and Delhi - Economic Times
The Railways reportedly plan to run trains that run at 160-200 km per hour and cut the travel time in the Delhi-Mumbai corridor by half. Such pragmatism is preferable, at the moment, to the grand ambition in some quarters to build bullet trains that travel at more than 300 kmph.

LTE-TDD said:
High speed train for India, what a wondful dream from poor India?
Quite trolling or you will be booted out

Phenom

There wil be many corridors.
Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad
Jaipur-Delhi
Ahmedabad-Jaipur
Bangalore-Chennai
Chennai-Hyderabad
Bangalore-Hyderabad

If these corridors come around,
On can travel from Chennai to Delhi as well using HSR but will require Multiple switch if trains but it still will be faster compared to the travel time today.
In the corridors you mentioned there is no connectivity between the southern HSR and the northern and western ones. You won't be able to travel from Chennai to Delhi, ideally there should be a Hyderabad-Mumbai corridor to connect all the different HSR.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
In the corridors you mentioned there is no connectivity between the southern HSR and the northern and western ones. You won't be able to travel from Chennai to Delhi, ideally there should be a Hyderabad-Mumbai corridor to connect all the different HSR.
The most feasible ones at present are Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad and Bangalore-Chennai. My guess is that these will be the first ones.

However, there is another thread about Indian HSR on DFI, and these routes should be discussed there. This thread is a silly thread, because eventually, the first couple of lines will be built with Japanese tech. I can bet my ass on that.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
That is indeed an option being explored seriously.
High speed trains to cut travel time between Mumbai and Delhi - Economic Times
The Railways reportedly plan to run trains that run at 160-200 km per hour and cut the travel time in the Delhi-Mumbai corridor by half. Such pragmatism is preferable, at the moment, to the grand ambition in some quarters to build bullet trains that travel at more than 300 kmph.

Quite trolling or you will be booted out
if it is towed by a locomotive, any speed over 180 KM/h will not make sense economically, if it is motorized wagons, 200 KM/h is too slow.
BG system is a hurdle anyways, if you have the resources, you better switch to more commonly used standard width.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
The most feasible ones at present are Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad and Bangalore-Chennai. My guess is that these will be the first ones.

However, there is another thread about Indian HSR on DFI, and these routes should be discussed there. This thread is a silly thread, because eventually, the first couple of lines will be built with Japanese tech. I can bet my ass on that.
The first line will NOT be Shinkansen for sure, I can bet your ass on it, and I wish it won't be Chinese for god's sake, Shinkansen are too expensive to run, and Japanese proposed 325 KM/h which is a sign that they are not even seriously consider the deal.The one in Taiwan runs at 200 KM/h, I doubt you have
a better power supply than that of Taiwan, by the way, even Korea opted German.

The first line if there is a first line, possibly will be TGV, from the way you run your business, I can tell the French bribe has been in place. but I will seriously doubt
you will really put your money in it.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
the less system you use, the safer system you have.
This being said, I don't know why you need to connect all your corridor, if your current train system is mainly used for inter-city transit, it makes more sense to run local network independently than connecting the dots which you cannot guarantee passenger flow.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles