India to introduce Chinese high speed train

arkem8

Country flag
Hundreds die every year on a rail network the British left you, but after your posts on this thread so far, I can already see the reaction here once negligence and poor administration lead to the inevitable first Indian HSR accident...
China train long long like noodle....
White instead of Brown.....
China want to be like West(and Japan)
China quality last from best

China's construction is more a combination of German and Japanese style, though.
Hahahahahahahahahahahah!!

Breathe! Breathe!
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpArK

SORCERER
If its good .............buy it.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
If china can make high speed rail corridors with guarantees of safety, I'd say go ahead. We need it.

Se should take in a lot of Chinese investment in non strategic areas. We can any day nationlize it if they act too smart.

arkem8

Country flag
If china can make high speed rail corridors with guarantees of safety, I'd say go ahead. We need it.

Se should take in a lot of Chinese investment in non strategic areas. We can any day nationlize it if they act too smart.
Chini guarantee end when Chini company person leave on Air China flight..... after those katara boilers they sold those reliance chewthiyas.....

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Chini guarantee end when Chini company person leave on Air China flight..... after those katara boilers they sold those reliance chewthiyas.....
Building Hugh speed rail is no joke and requires advanced tech. Credit where it is due. Plus the Chinis can do it for cheap. India will not go for it if safety is not assured. But really if the Chinis are interested, give it a shot.

I am a big supporter of High Speed Rail. It will revolutionize travel in india. We have some good high traffic corridors for this.

SpArK

SORCERER
Fab Four: High-speed trains

TGV, FRANCE (323km/h)

TRAINS a Grand Vitesse, that is. This is a rail network of great speed and style, with more than 450 trains linking cities and towns across France, from Paris's Charles de Gaulle airport and over borders to Belgium, Switzerland and Germany. If you go first class, there are meals included (way above the railway norm) and the decor and crew uniforms are by Christian Lacroix. Book ahead for up to 60 per cent off seasonal fares.

More: raileurope.com.au. SK

NTV ITALO (360km/h)

THIS new privately owned network in Italy has lifted the bar with its sleek red trains featuring television screens, WiFi access, brasserie-style dining and chic yellow- and orange-trimmed seating. Trains run from Milan to Naples via Bologna, Florence and Rome; new routes have just been added to Salerno, Venice, Turin and Padova. The journey from Naples to Rome, for example, takes a zippy one hour and eight minutes.

More: railplus.com.au. SK

SHINKANSEN, JAPAN (300km/h)

BETTER known as the Bullet Train, the Shinkansen is an exercise in seamless efficiency. Linking Tokyo with most major cities on the islands of Honshu and Kyushu, the service is one of the most enjoyable ways to travel across this diverse country. Passengers are requested to switch their mobile phones to silent, departures and arrivals are punctual to the second, and the network's safety record is beyond reproach. Save by buying a Japan Rail Pass in advance.

More: jnto.org.au. MR

SHANGHAI MAGLEV, CHINA (430km/h)

THE world's fastest train gives new meaning to the phrase "rushing to the airport". Connecting Longyang Road Station in central Pudong with Shanghai's Pudong International Airport, this magnetic levitation train completes the 30km journey in a breathtaking seven minutes and 20 seconds, with carriages leaning from side to side around the bends of the raised track. An exhilarating, if slightly terrifying, experience.

More: Shanghai Maglev Official Website. MR

Yijiuliuer

Tihar Jail
Banned
Building Hugh speed rail is no joke and requires advanced tech. Credit where it is due. Plus the Chinis can do it for cheap. India will not go for it if safety is not assured. But really if the Chinis are interested, give it a shot.

I am a big supporter of High Speed Rail. It will revolutionize travel in india. We have some good high traffic corridors for this.
In these corridors you have to get the full support of the tycoons to move local people away, it is so hard for India to build lifted autoway, let alone these mammoth high speed rail complexes. Flood control also a big headache plus the tropical weather.

Power grid aside, India is not ready infrastructure-wisely. Chinese build its premade concrete along the way, cements, water supply, power and transportation
are all in place wherever the rail stretch to, India could barely match.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Hundreds die every year on a rail network the British left you, but after your posts on this thread so far, I can already see the reaction here once negligence and poor administration lead to the inevitable first Indian HSR accident...
In fact, no one has denied that fact. Same happens in China but the news get buried and covered up. That's the only difference.

First you need to check what caused HSR accident in china.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
If Chinese trains are so elegant, efficient and cheap, why aren't countries like France, Italy, Germany and Japan replacing their fleets with Chinese HSR? Why isn't China's biggest market, USA buying these trains which are a combination of 'German and Japanese technology'?

SpArK

SORCERER
If Chinese trains are so elegant, efficient and cheap, why aren't countries like France, Italy, Germany and Japan replacing their fleets with Chinese HSR? Why isn't China's biggest market, USA buying these trains which are a combination of 'German and Japanese technology'?
They have their own advanced industry, like the Chinese.

Cheap cost is ignored to sustain local industry.

Yijiuliuer

Tihar Jail
Banned
In fact, no one has denied that fact. Same happens in China but the news get buried and covered up. That's the only difference.

First you need to check what caused HSR accident in china.
Nope, accident is rare and will be a national shock, any major one will directly leads to resignation of a RW minster.
People in China are not as used to as people in Indian for train accidents. this is a cultural thing.

Yijiuliuer

Tihar Jail
Banned
ndia expects to begin work soon on a project to build the country's first high-speed line connecting the cities of Pune, Mumbai and Ahmedabad. According to local media, India's railways ministry has said it expects to begin work on the project by November 2013. The 650 km-long
(403 miles) corridor will carry trains travelling at 300 km/h (186 m/h), cutting the travel for passengers between Mumbai and Ahmedabad from seven hours to two and a half hours. Studies made by a group of consultancy firms suggest that the annual demand for the line would be around 1.1 million passengers.
After the United States, Russia and China, India is the fourth country with the largest rail network, but the country does not have any high-speed rail lines. The fastest train in India, the Bhopal Shatabdi, currently has a top speed of 150 km/h (93 mph).

High-speed trains have been introduced by France, Germany, Japan and China among other countries, and can provide economic benefits in countries such as India where more than 20 million passengers use the train per day as the main means of transport.
___________________________________________________________________________________

I think the first proposed corridor is this one then
Pune, Mumbai and Ahmedabad.

300 km/h, you guys are looking big. I really doubt the feasibility though, hopefully Chinese contractors are smart enough to avoid this one and let them Japs be doomed.

Yijiuliuer

Tihar Jail
Banned
This is an other report on the proposal, what amazed me is you hired a French and Italian firm to conduct feasibility report.
aren't you aware French can promote their TGVs by doing so? or you and Italy actually are one country as Sonia and Rahul will like it to be?

Travel by bullet trains from Mumbai to Pune in just 40 minutes (without stops) and to Ahmedabad in just 1 hour 52 minutes (without stops) with the train travelling at 350 km/hr!

This travel time assumption has been made by two foreign firms, Systra of France and Italferr of Italy, in its pre-feasibility study on the high speed line (HSL) — popularly known as the bullet train — connecting Mumbai, Pune and Ahmedabad.

Rail India Technology and Engineering Services (RITES) cooperated with these two foreign firms during the feasibility study, which was conducted for a year. The study, a copy of which is with DNA, was submitted to the Union railway ministry earlier this year.

"The report is now being vetted by the appropriate authorities before taking any decision on the project," highly placed sources in the Indian Railways said. The cost of the project has been pegged at a whopping Rs55,800 crore, out of which Rs49,000 crore will be for construction while the rest for rolling stock.

Given the competition Indian Railways faces from air and road transport sectors, the study noted: "The implementation of the high speed line between Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad could participate in the renaissance of the railways as a preferred mode of transport for mid range/long range distance within the corridor.
It could be financially and economically viable."

The consultants have recommended the public-private partnership (PPP) model for implementing the project.

"Government participation is a must due to the huge social benefits that the project will accrue. And at the same time, due to high investment outlay, private sector participation will always benefit the project," the consultants added.

It added that to make the project viable for the private party, the government can provide a grant or budgetary support of around 17% of the total project cost and soft loan of about 11%.

The study has predicted that 26.6 million passengers per year would travel by the bullet train with 2021 as the horizon year.

Welcome

Country flag
we shouldn't have any problem with made in china product if it complete all the quality test....

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Such threads are such a waste of time and bandwidth. Simply trolling.

Apart from the trolling, I can tell you that this thread is a waste because China is not going to get the contract for HSR. HSR will happen with Japanese tech. I am telling you this right now. Come back in a year and tell me if I was wrong.

Yijiuliuer

Tihar Jail
Banned
this is even more absurd, is it for real?

Bullet trains to slow down to 110 kmph for India tracks
The train sets (bullet trains), which India had proposed to acquire, will be "intensively modified" so that they can run at a much slower speed on the country's existing Broad Gauge (BG) tracks.

These customised train sets in turn are likely to raise the acquisition costs by

several folds, an official from a visiting Japanese team informed at the first meeting of the India-Japan working sub-group on High Speed Rail on Thursday.
It had earlier been estimated that the six train sets would come at a cost of Rs. 25,000 crore.

Bullet trains - designed to run at a speed of 325 km per hour (kmph) - are run on the standard gauge; but the railways wants to run these at a speed of 110 kmph on BG routes.

The railways will also need to carry out massive upgrades in the track structure and signaling systems - which will also come at a huge cost, officials said.

The railways plan to build a "Golden Rail Corridor" for running these slow-moving bullet trains on four other routes apart from the Delhi-Mumbai sector. Routes identified for this corridor includes the Mumbai-Kolkata and the Chennai-Bangalore sectors, besides the Delhi-Jaipur and the Ahmedabad-Mumbai routes.

"Most advanced countries have switched over its locomotive hauled conventional inter-city trains to Electric Multiple Units (EMUs) train sets for operating speeds ranging from 130-160 kmph," an official said.

But some sections feel that given the astronomical costs involved, the acquisition is unjustified - particularly since the railways can work on an alternative model at a fraction of the costs.

"The LHB-design coaches (certified for 160 kmph speed) can be upgraded to 180-200 kmph to create a train set with two locos at each end... This train set may not resemble an Inter City Express or a Shinkansen, but will more than serve the purpose," officials said.

------------------------

Why did you buy the high speed train in the first place then?

Yijiuliuer

Tihar Jail
Banned
Such threads are such a waste of time and bandwidth. Simply trolling.

Apart from the trolling, I can tell you that this thread is a waste because China is not going to get the contract for HSR. HSR will happen with Japanese tech. I am telling you this right now. Come back in a year and tell me if I was wrong.
God forbids China get anything involved please, this is just a disaster
read my post above, it is Jap's pain in ass now.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
God forbids China get anything involved please, this is just a disaster
read my post above, it is Jap's pain in ass now.
Don't get ahead of yourself. You seem to forget that it is the customer who is always king, and it is the Chinese companies who will come begging for such a massive contract, not the other way round.

Your post does not merit serious discussion because it contains a whole lot of hogwash, frankly. "Floods", "tropical weather", and all that. :crazy:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles