India to increase troops along China border

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
I agree with raghavi that india should keep things about defence under special Provisions of the offical secrets act

tharikiran

Country flag
Indian media doesn't help much.

I agree with raghavi that india should keep things about defence under special Provisions of the offical secrets act
The problem with Democracy is not everything can be hidden.

Other than that we have our famous Independent media which
wants to know everything.

Does't help much.

Benefits of democracy far outweighs communism though.

I feel some things have to be done silently.
Like the planning and preparation done by India before Nuclear detonation.
Nobody had a freakin clue.

raghavi

haha yeah. well media does show or make it an issue more than needed. people are loosing interest by such behaviour of media. i think there should be limitation when it comes to the part of the media. like for example , showing or brooding over the news which is no where concerned like getting into personal life of famous persons etc., these shouldnt be done .

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
for me media freedom in India is a tad to much

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
If defense related information were to be under the Official secrets act,we wouldn't have a lot to discuss in a defense forum

raghavi

im not saying that completely it should be made secret or completely kept in front of everyone . it should be in between neither this nor that .

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
thread closed for moderation. all pointless one liners will be removed. will be opened post moderation.

thanks

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The thread is being reopened for discussion. The mod team has not deleted any posts so far but after the "announcement" (http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/announcments/2366-one-liners-forum.html) regarding one liners, we expect that to maintain quality discussion on this forum, members will refrain from one line exchanges. There is the shoutbox available if members want to exchange quick one liners on any subject. But when it comes to posting on threads, please make sure you make a meaningful contribution.
We know that sometimes one line posts are required. But it should be an exception rather than the norm. Henceforth, no irrelevant one liners will be tolerated and the post will be summarily deleted. Thanks

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Ministry of defence to enhance defence networking along Sino-Indian border
13 Jun 2009, 2139 hrs IST, Bikash Singh, ET Bureau

Print EMail Discuss Share Save Comment Text:
GUWAHATI: The general secretary of Northeast Congress Co-ordination Committee (NECCC) and parliamentarian from Arunachal Pradesh, Takam Sanjoy,
said the ministry of defence will enhance defence networking along the Sino-Indian border.

Mr Sanjoy, who was in Guwahati said, "I recently had a meeting with defence minister A.K. Antony. There are air force airbases in Jorhat, Chabua and Tezpur in Assam and I have requested that one such airbase be set up in Arunachal Pradesh."

According to Mr Sanjoy, the ministry will set up eight defence airports in Arunachal. He further said, "The minister has informed that two army divisions will be moved in the state soon. On the lines of Ladak and Kumaon scouts, the ministry has agreed to raise the Arunachal scouts. Necessary directions have been issued and the projects will soon take shape."

The parliamentarian assured that security of the eastern frontier has been given topmost priority by the UPA government. "My state is on top of the mainstream map of India and no force, whether it is China or any other power, can claim an inch of our land. Developments along the Sino-Indian border are a matter of concern."

He informed that a global tender for the 1,000-km Trans Arunachal Pradesh Highway has already been floated. Last year, prime minister Manmohan Singh had announced a Rs 21,000-crore package for the state.

Mr Sanjay also unveiled plans of revamping the NECCC and accordingly met Assam chief minister Tarun Gogoi and Meghalaya chief minister D.D Lapang who is chairman of NECCC. "The Congress in Northeast must be strengthened. The Congress chief minister, Congress legislature party leaders and MPs are likely to meet in August to discuss and find ways to strengthened the party in the Northeast."

He informed that the body will work for solution of interstate border disputes among the Northeastern states.

Ministry of defence to enhance defence networking along Sino-Indian border- Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

ppgj

Work stopped on Ladakh road after Chinese troops object

Muzamil Jaleel
Posted: Monday , Nov 30, 2009 at 0912 hrs

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir has stopped work on a road project under the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGS) in Demchok in south-east Leh in Ladakh after the Chinese army objected. Forming the eastern boundary of Ladakh, this is the last inhabited area on the Line of Actual Control.

Chief Minister Omar Abdullah confirmed to The Indian Express that an 8-km road was being constructed under the NREGS to improve road connectivity and provide employment to local residents. “We had already constructed 4 km of road when the Chinese came and asked to stop the work. We have stopped work on the road. The road was being built between the T-point and CNN-point. We have already informed the Government of India about it.”

He said the road was being constructed for the local population. “It is an inhabited area and the local villagers were building the road under the NREGS.”

Official sources said Leh Deputy Commissioner Ajit Kumar Sahu visited the area and has submitted a report to the government.

Chering Dorjay, Chief Executive Councillor of the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, told The Indian Express that the NREGS road was being constructed because the local residents had been demanding a link.

“There is a nallah which is the Line of Actual Control in the area and the Chinese are so close that we can talk to them. They constructed a very good parallel road on their side, we didn’t object to that. We have a hot spring on our side where we have started a hydro-therapy centre. Villagers had been demanding a road ahead, all on our side,” he said.

“The road was planned under the NREGS. While construction was on, the Chinese shouted at the villagers, asking them to stop work immediately. They (the Chinese) didn’t cross the nallah but they could have easily done that. We must have built three-four kilometres when they stopped our work.”

Ladakh MP Hassan Khan was contacted over phone by village head Tangey Tsering after the Chinese troops prevented local residents from continuing work on the road. “I met a few villagers who informed me about this development. Then I received the phone call ten days ago,” he said.

The place where the Chinese have stopped the NREGS road is around 300 km from Leh’s district headquarters.

Work stopped on Ladakh road after Chinese troops object

great_han

China has solved territorial disputes with most countries, including Russia, Myanmer and Central Asian Countries. With Myanmer, they adopted the McMahon Line. But why dont China do the same to India? Because you are important but not powerful. If you are as powerful as Russia and Japan, or as unimportant as Myanmer, you will solve the disputes. But you are the one in the embarrassed position. Either be powerful or forget your great power dream, can you get a peaceful boudary!

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
China has solved territorial disputes with most countries, including Russia, Myanmer and Central Asian Countries. With Myanmer, they adopted the McMahon Line. But why dont China do the same to India? Because you are important but not powerful. If you are as powerful as Russia and Japan, or as unimportant as Myanmer, you will solve the disputes. But you are the one in the embarrassed position. Either be powerful or forget your great power dream, can you get a peaceful boudary!
So it has nothing to do with good-neighbourliness and a desire for peace and long term friendship then? Well, at least you're honest, just like badguy.........your frank statements will help those Indians who still hope for India-China friendship come out of their delusional thinking, and prepare to face the Chinese threat.

no smoking

Country flag
I can't agree with you. It is not about power, it is all about compromise. The thing is that india was not willing to admit that it has lost Aksai Qin to china. From india parlarment to india public, they won't accept any solustion unless it gives all the disputable territories to india. India's actual attitude is: my way or high way. Under this condition, there will be no solution for ever.

great_han

So it has nothing to do with good-neighbourliness and a desire for peace and long term friendship then? Well, at least you're honest, just like badguy.........your frank statements will help those Indians who still hope for India-China friendship come out of their delusional thinking, and prepare to face the Chinese threat.
China won't invade India in predictable future. But it will contain India in many ways. Just like the western countries do to China. One of the reason is India adopting the anti-China Dalai Lama.
So don't be nervers. There is no war. And China has the wisedom to punish its enemy without war affairs. Have you seen that The US, Japanese, Taiwan government are bowing to China? They have realized the consequence of offending China. But I do believe that India has more guts than these shrimps :stinker:

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
China won't invade India in predictable future. But it will contain India in many ways. Just like the western countries do to China. One of the reason is India adopting the anti-China Dalai Lama.
So don't be nervers. There is no war. And China has the wisedom to punish its enemy without war affairs. Have you seen that The US, Japanese, Taiwan government are bowing to China? They have realized the consequence of offending China. But I do believe that India has more guts than these shrimps :stinker:
The US has spy planes flying a hundred miles off your coast. As for Taiwan.....after all your superpower horseshit, China still cant touch Taiwan because your punkass PLA knows what it will cost them.

Taiwan is a dinky little island almost within breathing distance of China, and all you guys can do is talk.

China's pretty punkass soldiers havent fought a war in 40 years...do you really want to take on the US or even India ??

great_han

I can't agree with you. It is not about power, it is all about compromise. The thing is that india was not willing to admit that it has lost Aksai Qin to china. From india parlarment to india public, they won't accept any solustion unless it gives all the disputable territories to india. India's actual attitude is: my way or high way. Under this condition, there will be no solution for ever.
Yes, brother. Things was like what you say before,i.e. Chinese govt wanna resolve it but Indian govt denied due to its narrow nationalist. But now things has changed. The Chinese one insist the return of Southern Tibet(so-called AP).

great_han

You are so full of shit...dude. The US has spy planes flying a hundred miles off your coast. As for Taiwan.....after all your superpower horseshit, China still cant touch Taiwan because your punkass PLA knows what it will cost them.

Taiwan is a dinky little island almost within breathing distance of China, and all you guys can do is talk.

China's pretty punkass soldiers havent fought a war in 40 years...do you really want to take on the US or even India ??
Things are not all about war. You must have forgot all your indian wisedom during the long-term colonization. What's in mind are all of wars but nothing else. You obviously have betrayed the Budha.

As to Taiwan, dont you know there is nearly 1000 missiles pointing at it? We have not settled it just because this is not the best moment. Development is the most important thing to China. Besides, don't you know 98% of Taiwan people are descendants of Chinese? Only talk? P.R.China and R.O. China(Taiwan) is discussing about a ECFA, and they will reunite first economically. Again, war or fight is not the top choice for any reasonable one.

badguy2000

Respected Member
well, in fact, before 1962,Chinese leaders indeed wanted to accept M-line,as long as India accepted that Asai China was a part of CHina-----"land for Land"

however, Nehru want rejected CHinese offer and doesn't want to give up any of them...

now, CHinese government in fact has raised up the offer.now Beijing seems not to give up any of them..

If India can not narrow sino-India economy gap and stop sino-india power balance worse to India, I am afraid that India will have to give up M-line and Asai CHin one day.

S.A.T.A

China has better chance of getting Japanese to pay up for the naking whore camps and its former inmates than ever getting back territory that they couldn't win a in war.

I'm afraid ******* will continue to give us their ritualized annual crap about McMahon line or wait for them to grow some self respect,iam betting on neither of them :)

R

rockdog

China has better chance of getting Japanese to pay up for the naking whore camps and its former inmates than ever getting back territory that they couldn't win a in war.
S.A.T.A, your bad-mouth style still didn't change from the former IDF, i remembered that you have been banned twice by the MOD since your dirty words around 2006-2007. ^_^ We are here discussing the strategic impact between China and India, if you are unhappy and no interest, just leave the thread.

So can Mod in this DFI come to clean up his words here? Thanks.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles