India-the future superpower

Dreamhunter

Country flag
India used to be one of the great powers of the world during ancient and medieval period under the Maurya, Gupta, Rashtrakuta, Chola, Chalukya, Vijayanagar and Maratha Dynasties. This is even confirmed by foreign texts. But we have to face the fact that it will take a long time for India to become a great power again

Horushmar.

I got a great idea! maybe instead of focusing on how great we WERE, let's become so great that after a 1000yrs,
the new dominant species will reference us as examples:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
What is a super power and what are the advantages of becoming one?

Super power is an entity (usually a state) that can exert its influence over most/majority of the world.
Eg; USA

Advantages: Great for trade and spreading influence.
Disadvantages: Only one way: downhill. :)

Nope I don't think India is a super power or that it will become one in the foreseeable future, or even our lifetimes.
In fact I don't think China will be a superpower either.

Both are great powers though with tremendous influence in the neighborhood and beyond.

Horushmar.

Super power is an entity (usually a state) that can exert its influence over most/majority of the world.
Eg; USA

Nope I don't think India is a super power or that it will become one in the foreseeable future, or even our lifetimes.

Both are great powers though with tremendous influence in the neighborhood and beyond.
Yep you're right. I like India this way. Not a superpower but more of an alternative power.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

Eg; USA

There will be no super powers after the rise of china and india
We will witness a multi polar world where 5 or 6 countries will be dominant
by 2035-45 India will be a great power,so will be usa,so will be china
If we continue our growth and sustain it for 3 decades we would be dominating about 15% of world economy(enough to be called a great power).....

Once we get there will remain there for centuries(history proves my point,we dominated 20%+ of world economy before we were colinalized)

I dont want india to become anything close to what USofA is
because,expensive healthcare,education,debt ridden economy,trump,gun shootings,nose poking attitude,lust for oil.

I want india to be what nordic countries(sweden,denmark,norway etc.)
Great healthcare,infra,inclusive society,lesser crime,gender parity,quality of life and education and almost everything.

Thats the ideal example of a progressive and fast moving society,that will make us a superpower

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles