India-the future superpower

Kshatriya87

Country flag
This one?

Let's, have a look.

Downhill starts after your population starts declining, you aren't ruling the world doesn't mean that you won't go down.

I have a different definition for superpower & a great power.

Great Power:
Countries with enormous economic & military prowess, hard power & capable of imposing themselves on world.
Examples:
United States (Gonna remain in league for long, the country who started this game)
European Union as a whole entity (if really acts as whole entity)

China (learn from this country if you wanna change your fate in 30 years)

Russia (declining power, economy, budget, technical prowess, just left a decade more guest in league)

Out of list:
India (to catch up if it can realize it's military & economic expansion plans)
Intersection Between Great Power & Regional Power:
France, India, UK, Japan, Germany
Superpower:
The ultimate dominator of world unchallenged by any other country.
Example:
US was sole superpower in 90s after USSR dissolved. No superpower exists now. Nor there will be for next 80-90 years. Only big 3, China, US & India as great powers.

Don't wanna be a fanboy but I will quote Aditya:

Clearly @Razor
Simplifying:

High income × Big Population = Economy

Economy = Budget for research + Budget for military + Budget for giving aid + Budget for giving loans + Budget for well being own people + Budget for investments + Budget for trade politics & war
Now,
Budget for research → Technologiaclly more capable nation
Budget for giving aid + Budget for giving loans → Allies & Strategic Partners
Bigger defence budget → Stronger military

Finally,
Allies & Strategic Partners + Technologically more capable nation + Stronger military + Trade warfare capabilities = Government showing balls and political will for which @Bornubus longs.

Budget for investments & well being of citizens → Stable society & higher living standards for which @Screambowl pitches

Adding overall, we will get what I want.

In Final, Economy is ultimate function of every type of power.
Regarding the first equation, India is a highly populated country with high per capita income growth and substantial if not high population growth outlook.

If India overtakes PRC in population in 2022 as projected, we can achieve 70% of nominap GDP per capita of China (upto 50% of developed countries), off course an economy of same size with higher population.
And as Chinese has been declining fast, India could be left alone as biggest country in economy, military or anything by end of century. If not always, at least for a substantial period of time.
To get cautioned: Indian fertility rate has been declining rapidly, from 2.3 tp 2.1 bringing population growth rate down to 1.16% from 1.26% alone this time.

Pushing out the myth of Indian population bomb, population is most vulnerable factor for Indian growth.

So, please never celebrate before time comes. Anything unexpected will happen and you will just be sitting pi$$ed off!

2-3, three countries will have close to 50% economy of world.
Yes, over-population of India is a myth. There are some problems related to population growth but has some advantages too. For instance, more population means more competition for jobs which means cheaper labour. This brings more manufacturing & other jobs to India from abroad because of the amazing money saved through salaries.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Less than 1% poor is realistic in next 10-15 years, but 70% is middle is too optimistic for next 30 years.

Other Hint: It's very easy in India to prove yourself poor and have a BPL card from government.
Agreed on the middle class. But that's my dream. Wish it comes true sooner. Any idea on % middle class in India currently?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
This one?

Let's, have a look.

1.Downhill starts after your population starts declining, you aren't ruling the world doesn't mean that you won't go down.

2.I have a different definition for superpower & a great power.

Great Power:
Countries with enormous economic & military prowess, hard power & capable of imposing themselves on world.
Examples:
United States (Gonna remain in league for long, the country who started this game)
European Union as a whole entity (if really acts as whole entity)

China (learn from this country if you wanna change your fate in 30 years)

Russia (declining power, economy, budget, technical prowess, just left a decade more guest in league)

Out of list:
India (to catch up if it can realize it's military & economic expansion plans)
Intersection Between Great Power & Regional Power:
France, India, UK, Japan, Germany
Superpower:
The ultimate dominator of world unchallenged by any other country. (Note from Razor: "Ultimate world dominator" :dude: This is not a cartoon, dude)
Example:
US was sole superpower in 90s after USSR dissolved. No superpower exists now. Nor there will be for next 80-90 years. Only big 3, China, US & India as great powers.

Don't wanna be a fanboy but I will quote Aditya:

Clearly @Razor
Simplifying:

High income × Big Population = Economy

Economy = Budget for research + Budget for military + Budget for giving aid + Budget for giving loans + Budget for well being own people + Budget for investments + Budget for trade politics & war
Now,
Budget for research → Technologiaclly more capable nation
Budget for giving aid + Budget for giving loans → Allies & Strategic Partners
Bigger defence budget → Stronger military

Finally,
Allies & Strategic Partners + Technologically more capable nation + Stronger military + Trade warfare capabilities = Government showing balls and political will for which @Bornubus longs.

Budget for investments & well being of citizens → Stable society & higher living standards for which @Screambowl pitches

Adding overall, we will get what I want.

In Final, Economy is ultimate function of every type of power.
Regarding the first equation, India is a highly populated country with high per capita income growth and substantial if not high population growth outlook.

If India overtakes PRC in population in 2022 as projected, we can achieve 70% of nominap GDP per capita of China (upto 50% of developed countries), off course an economy of same size with higher population.
And as Chinese has been declining fast, India could be left alone as biggest country in economy, military or anything by end of century. If not always, at least for a substantial period of time.
To get cautioned: Indian fertility rate has been declining rapidly, from 2.3 tp 2.1 bringing population growth rate down to 1.16% from 1.26% alone this time.

Pushing out the myth of Indian population bomb, population is most vulnerable factor for Indian growth.

So, please never celebrate before time comes. Anything unexpected will happen and you will just be sitting pi$$ed off!

2-3, three countries will have close to 50% economy of world.
1. When did I say, " you aren't ruling the world doesn't mean that you won't go down." Are you imagining things?

2. Well, your definition; mine is
Super power: An entity that can control and affect/impact a large chunk of the world/majority of the world. All superpowers have been challenged and have taken hits at various times. (US: Viet/Iraq etc)
If that superpower is completely unchallenged it becomes HyperPower. None yet.
Great power: An entity that has enormous influence in its neigbrohood and has capability to influence the world. India and China are already great powers.

Last edited:

salute

@HariPrasad-1

you know what , me said nothing quotable but then what you gonna quote about that when you not even understood it ,

but lets think what an american gonna say about your goldman sachs quote ,
dont know whether he gonna laugh at you or become angry at you ,

because you are quoting greedy moth**f***ing liars to prove legitimacy of your argument ,
arent pakis do they same when they post their bs propaganda on social media or any media based on some stupid journalist or some selfish westerners especially britards ,

but other thing is , yeah goldman sachs are not stupids , their expectations about indian economy maybe not wrong but they dont make assumptions without their own self interest ,

this what anyone who praising these videos are not understanding just like pakis who thinks their country gonna become economical giant because cpec and chinese says so .

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Yes, over-population of India is a myth. There are some problems related to population growth but has some advantages too. For instance, more population means more competition for jobs which means cheaper labour. This brings more manufacturing & other jobs to India from abroad because of the amazing money saved through salaries.
Lack of Jobs etc. are our own shortcomings, Indian population growth is enough low against other countries of our class.
Agreed on the middle class. But that's my dream. Wish it comes true sooner. Any idea on % middle class in India currently?
Not idea, but I know we have less than 5%!

China has 8% & US has about 30%.
Only world's richest countries are able to cross 50%.
(Middle people are those in definition who spend (not earn only) 13-15$ daily on their life styles are called middle class, such people have an incredibly high standard of living).
That's why I called it unrealistic.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
1. When did I say, " you aren't ruling the world doesn't mean that you won't go down." Are you imagining things?
You said that only fate of superpower os going down.
2. Well, your definition; mine is
Super power: An entity that can control and affect/impact a large chunk of the world/majority of the world. All superpowers have been challenged and have taken hits at various times. (US: Viet/Iraq etc)
If that superpower is completely unchallenged it becomes HyperPower. None yet.
Great power: An entity that has enormous influence in its neigbrohood and has capability to influence the world. India and China are already great powers.
If US had tough times in Iraq & Vietnam, because of external factors too.
Regarding your definition, I will go on with mine because competition sucks.
And I'm going to die before India becomes what it wants to be.

sthf

Country flag
12.4% is good and continuously reducing. But that still leaves around 15 crore poor people. I want to see an India with at least 70% middle class & less than 1% poor. That would be a sight.
We are not even close to see the end of poverty. Poverty goes beyond the per capita income. 55% of Indian population is multi dimention poor. Lets deal with that first.

India will be a super power is just the Indian counterpart of "Pakistan ek Atmi Quwwat hai".

Kshatriya87

Country flag
We are not even close to see the end of poverty. Poverty goes beyond the per capita income. 55% of Indian population is multi dimention poor. Lets deal with that first.

India will be a super power is just the Indian counterpart of "Pakistan ek Atmi Quwwat hai".
Can't prioritize things e.g. removal of poverty first etc. India has to go for all things simultaneously just like it is doing. Remove poverty + Remove unemployment + Remove illiteracy + Create Jobs + Grow economy + Grow military power etc.

sthf

Country flag
Can't prioritize things e.g. removal of poverty first etc. India has to go for all things simultaneously just like it is doing. Remove poverty + Remove unemployment + Remove illiteracy + Create Jobs + Grow economy + Grow military power etc.
Precisely what I am telling you. Even if you measure gdp per capita, we won't achieve what US (the actual superpower) had in the year 1950 till 2035-2040.

Things have improved a lot and we have long way to go. I'd prefer if we do that without constantly patting ourselves on the back.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Precisely what I am telling you. Even if you measure gdp per capita, we won't achieve what US (the actual superpower) had in the year 1950 till 2035-2040.

Things have improved a lot and we have long way to go. I'd prefer if we do that without constantly patting ourselves on the back.
Patting your backs is also needed sometimes. It is the way of keeping our moral up and not giving up. It is also a way to not just listen to what white people say about you but reply them in kind. I've been working with americans, british, scotish, aussies, malays, indonesians, thais, south africans etc. since 8 years.

One thing I've learned is that they will talk shit about you in front of you because no Indian replies them back. But Once I talk to them in their own language, they shut up and will never mess with you.

sthf

Country flag
Patting your backs is also needed sometimes. It is the way of keeping our moral up and not giving up. It is also a way to not just listen to what white people say about you but reply them in kind. I've been working with americans, british, scotish, aussies, malays, indonesians, thais, south africans etc. since 8 years.

One thing I've learned is that they will talk shit about you in front of you because no Indian replies them back. But Once I talk to them in their own language, they shut up and will never mess with you.
Dude, keeping your morale up is different from taking shit from anybody.

But yes, feel free to bitch slap anyone who is badmouthing you or this country.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Even if you measure gdp per capita, we won't achieve what US (the actual superpower) had in the year 1950 till 2035-2040.
You maybe correct statically. But GDP is just a measure of relative productivity.

Not just India almost 90% of human population would not reach these levels of percapita income as prevailing in US, Europe and Japan anytime soon.

And that is neither sustainable nor desirable. Because if everyone on planet will consume as much water or electricity as an American we will run out of water , oil ,and gas in matter of decades.

The path forward is to utilize technology to make up a better life while consuming as less resources as possible.
There we can still take lead. So even with less per capita incomes we can enjoy high quality of life.

IndianHawk

Country flag
The only way to remove poverty is to create wealth. Every other solution is short term pony trick .

Now in order to create wealth a nation needs to be a scientific and technological powerhouse because these sectors propel monopolistic industry where nations get rich.

For that we need enormous investment into s&t r&d start-ups , universities etc.
Meanwhile we need to cushion the impact of poverty by providing better social services.

In short without dominating in technology there is no way we can handle poverty .So better start working in that direction.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Agreed, it was $9500. For India currently it is ~$1700-2000. You do the maths mate.
Off course, but I guess PPP must be preferred for 1950 era.
Well, India will reach $10,000 even in nominal around 2035.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles