India-the future superpower

salute

India will never be a superpower, not in next 100 years. Most likely never.
maybe you are trolling ,

if superpower means big military and big economy then india gonna become superpower ,
and its no wonder because there are only dozen of countries which are big and resourceful enough to claim that status ,

but countries like india where economical gap is so hugh for so many people that it do not fit to the western definition of rich economical giant ,

and so my saying is that making such glossy or cherry picking videos about india is absurd .

|India|

Country flag
maybe you are trolling ,

if superpower means big military and big economy then india gonna become superpower ,
and its no wonder because there are only dozen of countries which are big and resourceful enough to claim that status ,

but countries like india where economical gap is so hugh for so many people that it do not fit to the western definition of rich economical giant ,

and so my saying is that making such glossy or cherry picking videos about india is absurd .
Superpower does not mean bigger economy or millitary. How many computers in the world run Indian OS? How many will run in future? What about hardware? Does any Indian company has any stake in regulating international standards of any kind be it a simple yet widely used video codec such as H.265? Lets not even talk about a giant search engine like Google.

salute

Superpower does not mean bigger economy or millitary.
then what it means ??? elaborate ,

How many computers in the world run Indian OS? How many will run in future? What about hardware? Does any Indian company has any stake in regulating international standards of any kind be it a simple yet widely used video codec such as H.265? Lets not even talk about a giant search engine like Google.
whats the correlation between superpower and software ???

india should value maturity of society rather than authority of some software if it want itself to be count at top countries ,

but using your logic , how many computers worldwide run chinese software ??? real chinese software and not stolen or copied by china ,

you are mixing or misunderstanding difference between being superpower and innovative ,
even usa became tech giant decades after becoming military and economic superpower ,

indian youtubers got no creativity beside making bs india praising videos and if indians admiring them is like getting high on only whiff of something ,
because there is a lot more yet to achieve by india or indians .

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
@HariPrasad-1

lol , first stop quoting goldman sach , the american giant financial company like them led to fall of usa housing market and investment banking and with that western world economy ,

then how its me criticizing this becomes inferiority complex ??? when its actually inferiority complex of indian who are praising these videos , because they are acting like arabs and pakis who requires white person to do their bs propaganda on their behalf , when still a lot of india is poor population .
Ok Now I will quote you because you seem to be most genius of all having a great economic insight.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
India will emerge!! But not as per the dreams of few fanboys.

Posting such bs videos doesn't leave much difference between us and those ghazi uploader pakis! :dude:

That's what @salute is pointing out, not to make us another matter of humour but you guys have even started trolling him!!

India may or may not emerge as a great power but one thing I can assure you that posting such bull$hit on internet will cause our respect trimmed for sure!:frusty:

Come on guys, try to understand you don't even need to discuss such topics.
Word "superpower" isn't even a properly defined term.
@sayareakd @LETHALFORCE @pmaitra @Kunal Biswas
Somebody, close this thread!!

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Posting such bs videos doesn't leave much difference between us and those ghazi uploader pakis! :dude:

That's what @salute is pointing out, not to make us another matter of humour but you guys have even started trolling him!!

India may or may not emerge as a great power but one thing I can assure you that posting such bull$hit on internet will cause our respect trimmed for sure!:frusty:

@sayareakd @LETHALFORCE @pmaitra @Kunal Biswas
Somebody, close this thread!!
India is emerging more than anybody could have ever imagined. Perhaps most of the people have no vision to see what is happening at grass root level.We have many people with dream and they are pursuing it with a great zeal. People are changing rapidly. There is literally a competition between states and villages and cities to become No 1 in many area. We have our own weaknesses but we have a great strength too. We have examples in front of us where an individual changed the city or village. This is increasing. Recently I visited some villages and observe their zeal to make their village best. What we need to do is to create skill development and increase micro financing at village level. You just wait for few years and you will not tell what you are telling today.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Only self shitting, self pissing and self hating retards hate the Idea of India being dubbed as super power and the others are Pakis and Commie or maybe motherfucking Heathens

India is already a great power a Military and economic giant. Its only about political will how you express that power.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
India is emerging more than anybody could have ever imagined.
Perhaps most of the people have no vision to see what is happening at grass root level.We have many people with dream and they are pursuing it with a great zeal. People are changing rapidly. There is literally a competition between states and villages and cities to become No 1 in many area. We have our own weaknesses but we have a great strength too. We have examples in front of us where an individual changed the city or village. This is increasing. Recently I visited some villages and observe their zeal to make their village best. What we need to do is to create skill development and increase micro financing at village level. You just wait for few years and you will not tell what you are telling today.
Off course everything may be, but drum beating won't make a difference.

You wanna cover India's Economic rise, create a thread for economic coverage, geopolitical rise, create a thread strategic shift, military power, create a separate thread for that too. Instead of making people laugh on you by randomly using superpower word, a reasonablr article will be a better way.

Look, how I do it.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...ities-and-quest-for-great-power-status.77243/

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Only self shitting, self pissing and self hating retards hate the Idea of India being dubbed as super power and the others are Pakis and Commie or maybe motherfucking Heathens
Never hated the idea but drum beating (that even without reasoning) before time is nothing but making a troll of yourself!!

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Off course everything may be, but drum beating won't make a difference.

You wanna cover India's Economic rise, create a thread for economic coverage, geopolitical rise, create a thread strategic shift, military power, create a separate thread for that too. Instead of making people laugh on you by randomly using superpower word, a reasonablr article will be a better way.

Look, how I do it.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...ities-and-quest-for-great-power-status.77243/
I do not want to create a new thread. I am fine with discussing the topic on already existing thread. This is not drum beating.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Never hated the idea but drum beating (that even without reasoning) before time is nothing but making a troll of yourself!!
We are discussing the idea. Put some ice on your burning Ass. Or better, ignore such threads.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

India is already a great power a Military and economic giant. Its only about political will how you express that power.
But we have loooooong way to go

I want a small but a very capable armed force which can with any problem anywhere(something like Israel,obviously much bigger than their army)

I want India to have a good income balance between rich and the poor.

We have accomplished a few things and have to accomplish a lot of things

Kshatriya87

Country flag
few videos ??? indians on youtube posts nothing else but all this bs ,

another thing is , those white people who been to india their opinion matters ,

those white people , who never been to india but makes their mind based upon their media , what about them , they could get mixed point of view as first they see indias poverty on western media and then these cherry picking videos ,

me read somewhere that westerners views about india is that , india is a rich country but poor people stays there or people there stays poor , something like that ,

how it gonna change by making such videos .
That is not gonna change until poverty is actually reduced. Also, once again I am saying. The video is not about the reducing or less poverty of India. In fact, she says just that. Poverty is there. But since western media only ever concentrates on India's poverty and pollution, there's a need to show the other side as well. And since the other side is not accepted by westerners if the same is being said by a brown man, she is saying it.

Hope that clarifies.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I do not want to create a new thread. I am fine with discussing the topic on already existing thread. This is not drum beating.
Title sucks, as big as that 2030 video!!
(On main note, a "superpower" has so many aspects which can't covered on a single thread).
Put some ice on your burning Ass.
Why I would burn for admiration of my country?

But there must be some reasoning way. Put economic stats, mil stats, intellectual property reports, growth outlook, R&D, space program or ongoing military projects.

You can post pics from emerging modern cities or some cool scientific stuff!

This thread is running the way like ghazwa e hindi threads like pakis or when Nigerians post on their forum that they can conquer entire Africa!:facepalm:

Come on, title may or may not prove India superpower but it's going to prove us superdumb for sure!

Nothing personal at you but please try to understand, make others praise you and carry on what you do instead of chest thumping.
That is not gonna change until poverty is actually reduced. Also, once again I am saying. The video is not about the reducing or less poverty of India. In fact, she says just that. Poverty is there.
Indian Poverty ratio declined from 28 to 21% just between 2009 & 2011 at 2005-6 MER and actually halved to 12.4% at a revised $2 poverty line!:biggrin2:

From 35% to 7.7%, at $1.25 & to 12.4% from more than half at $2.:first:
Poverty here is a just fraction of those half d!ck jihadi mullahs who have 38% of their population records unavailable!
Pakistani GDP per capita & HDI is calculated for only 120 million of their population if you guys know, they don't even know if rest 70 millions are living or dying.

HDI: 2013: 0.547
2014: 0.554
2015: 0.586
2017: 0.609
I don't think that any other country in the world has Higher HDI gains than India's since NDA came in power.

Life Expectancy, Quality of Life Index, family planning, IHDI, Hunger Index, where to born index, literacy, education index, India has always overdelievered (at least since last 25 years), sustaining a high per capita income growth rate!
India has trumped many high income economies in competitive index.

Slapping those communists, calling Indian growth oligarchic for benifitting industrialists, India's translation of growth into well being of citizens is better than East Asian countries (including PRC).

Innovation indeed plays a great role in reflecting how assertive country's government is, because India filed 45,658 intellectual properties alone in 2016, even in per capita terms it has beaten up many upper middle income economies.
Hope you get my message, India may ne the giant, but there are other giants too.

Indian Political will is doing enough good to utilize where India stands but if you want India to impose itself to other countries, India still has many years before it could play in same league where US, Russia & China are.
But since western media only ever concentrates on India's poverty and pollution, there's a need to show the other side as well.
Just reflects that how much they are pi$$ed off (specially britard channels)!
You must be enjoying that actually.
I won't be generalizing it because I found people from several western countries okay too. European countries with good ties or at least no colonial history in India are having very balanced views neutral too, sometimes even pro.

Well, you can't do anything about it, their media, their country, their people, they can fill anything in their minds about us. Just keep changing whatever's going on, to make tourists surprise when they come here next time. Many stories are there about that too.
And since the other side is not accepted by westerners if the same is being said by a brown man, she is saying it.
This isn't only about westerners, even the Chinese. Calling the "hidden side of emerging India" has become very fashionable in recent times.

Recently, Global Times quoted some Indian National to make such a report!

I won't blame, kuchh nahi ho sakta attitude & inferiority complex has been stuffed in people's minds during Nehru Dynasty. People still leave country for living after having subsidized education of which they are never thankful. People still drool for phoren maal just cuz it's foreign, not for quality.

The biggest role played in creating such inferiority complex is middle schools S.St. textbooks which has income levels & HDI written unchanged since 90s, millions of times written that we are not industrialized.

Sri Lankan civil war is still going on in them, you can speculate how much updates are needed.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

I have defined it in my post #13 on pg 1 of current thread.
Have a look.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Title sucks, as big as that 2030 video!!
(On main note, a "superpower" has so many aspects which can't covered on a single thread).
Why I would burn for admiration of my country?

But there must be some reasoning way. Put economic stats, mil stats, intellectual property reports, growth outlook, R&D, space program or ongoing military projects.

You can post pics from emerging modern cities or some cool scientific stuff!

This thread is running the way like ghazwa e hindi threads like pakis or when Nigerians post on their forum that they can conquer entire Africa!:facepalm:

Come on, title may or may not prove India superpower but it's going to prove us superdumb for sure!

Nothing personal at you but please try to understand, make others praise you and carry on what you do instead of chest thumping.

Indian Poverty ratio declined from 28 to 21% just between 2009 & 2011 at 2005-6 MER and actually halved to 12.4% at a revised $2 poverty line!:biggrin2:

From 35% to 7.7%, at $1.25 & to 12.4% from more than half at $2.:first:
Poverty here is a just fraction of those half d!ck jihadi mullahs who have 38% of their population records unavailable!
Pakistani GDP per capita & HDI is calculated for only 120 million of their population if you guys know, they don't even know if rest 70 millions are living or dying.

HDI: 2013: 0.547
2014: 0.554
2015: 0.586
2017: 0.609
I don't think that any other country in the world has Higher HDI gains than India's since NDA came in power.

Life Expectancy, Quality of Life Index, family planning, IHDI, Hunger Index, where to born index, literacy, education index, India has always overdelievered (at least since last 25 years), sustaining a high per capita income growth rate!
India has trumped many high income economies in competitive index.

Slapping those communists, calling Indian growth oligarchic for benifitting industrialists, India's translation of growth into well being of citizens is better than East Asian countries (including PRC).

Innovation indeed plays a great role in reflecting how assertive country's government is, because India filed 45,658 intellectual properties alone in 2016, even in per capita terms it has beaten up many upper middle income economies.

Hope you get my message, India may ne the giant, but there are other giants too.

Indian Political will is doing enough good to utilize where India stands but if you want India to impose itself to other countries, India still has many years before it could play in same league where US, Russia & China are.

Just reflects that how much they are pi$$ed off (specially britard channels)!
You must be enjoying that actually.
I won't be generalizing it because I found people from several western countries okay too. European countries with good ties or at least no colonial history in India are having very balanced views neutral too, sometimes even pro.

Well, you can't do anything about it, their media, their country, their people, they can fill anything in their minds about us. Just keep changing whatever's going on, to make tourists surprise when they come here next time. Many stories are there about that too.

This isn't only about westerners, even the Chinese. Calling the "hidden side of emerging India" has become very fashionable in recent times.

Recently, Global Times quoted some Indian National to make such a report!

I won't blame, kuchh nahi ho sakta attitude & inferiority complex has been stuffed in people's minds during Nehru Dynasty. People still leave country for living after having subsidized education of which they are never thankful. People still drool for phoren maal just cuz it's foreign, not for quality.

The biggest role played in creating such inferiority complex is middle schools S.St. textbooks which has income levels & HDI written unchanged since 90s, millions of times written that we are not industrialized.

Sri Lankan civil war is still going on in them, you can speculate how much updates are needed.
12.4% is good and continuously reducing. But that still leaves around 15 crore poor people. I want to see an India with at least 70% middle class & less than 1% poor. That would be a sight.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I have defined it in my post #13 on pg 1 of current thread.
Have a look.
This one?
What is a super power and what are the advantages of becoming one?

Super power is an entity (usually a state) that can exert its influence over most/majority of the world.
Eg; USA

Advantages: Great for trade and spreading influence.
Disadvantages: Only one way: downhill. :)

Nope I don't think India is a super power or that it will become one in the foreseeable future, or even our lifetimes.
In fact I don't think China will be a superpower either.

Both are great powers though with tremendous influence in the neighborhood and beyond.
Let's, have a look.
Advantages: Great for trade and spreading influence.
Disadvantages: Only one way: downhill. :)
Downhill starts after your population starts declining, you aren't ruling the world doesn't mean that you won't go down.

I have a different definition for superpower & a great power.
Super power is an entity (usually a state) that can exert its influence over most/majority of the world.
Eg; USA
Great Power:
Countries with enormous economic & military prowess, hard power & capable of imposing themselves on world.
Examples:
United States (Gonna remain in league for long, the country who started this game)
European Union as a whole entity (if really acts as whole entity)

China (learn from this country if you wanna change your fate in 30 years)

Russia (declining power, economy, budget, technical prowess, just left a decade more guest in league)

Out of list:
India (to catch up if it can realize it's military & economic expansion plans)
Intersection Between Great Power & Regional Power:
France, India, UK, Japan, Germany
Superpower:
The ultimate dominator of world unchallenged by any other country.
Example:
US was sole superpower in 90s after USSR dissolved. No superpower exists now. Nor there will be for next 80-90 years. Only big 3, China, US & India as great powers.
Nope I don't think India is a super power or that it will become one in the foreseeable future, or even our lifetimes.
In fact I don't think China will be a superpower either.
Don't wanna be a fanboy but I will quote Aditya:
There will be no super powers after the rise of china and india
Clearly @Razor
Simplifying:

High income × Big Population = Economy

Economy = Budget for research + Budget for military + Budget for giving aid + Budget for giving loans + Budget for well being own people + Budget for investments + Budget for trade politics & war
Now,
Budget for research → Technologiaclly more capable nation
Budget for giving aid + Budget for giving loans → Allies & Strategic Partners
Bigger defence budget → Stronger military

Finally,
Allies & Strategic Partners + Technologically more capable nation + Stronger military + Trade warfare capabilities = Government showing balls and political will for which @Bornubus longs.

Budget for investments & well being of citizens → Stable society & higher living standards for which @Screambowl pitches

Adding overall, we will get what I want.

In Final, Economy is ultimate function of every type of power.
Regarding the first equation, India is a highly populated country with high per capita income growth and substantial if not high population growth outlook.

If India overtakes PRC in population in 2022 as projected, we can achieve 70% of nominap GDP per capita of China (upto 50% of developed countries), off course an economy of same size with higher population.
And as Chinese has been declining fast, India could be left alone as biggest country in economy, military or anything by end of century. If not always, at least for a substantial period of time.
To get cautioned: Indian fertility rate has been declining rapidly, from 2.3 tp 2.1 bringing population growth rate down to 1.16% from 1.26% alone this time.

Pushing out the myth of Indian population bomb, population is most vulnerable factor for Indian growth.

So, please never celebrate before time comes. Anything unexpected will happen and you will just be sitting pi$$ed off!
We will witness a multi polar world where 5 or 6 countries will be dominant
by 2035-45 India will be a great power,so will be usa,so will be china
2-3, three countries will have close to 50% economy of world.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
12.4% is good and continuously reducing. But that still leaves around 15 crore poor people. I want to see an India with at least 70% middle class & less than 1% poor. That would be a sight.
Less than 1% poor is realistic in next 10-15 years, but 70% is middle is too optimistic for next 30 years.

Other Hint: It's very easy in India to prove yourself poor and have a BPL card from government.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles