India Taiwan relations

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Oh, and NOT just Central Asia and South Asia (including the Northeastern parts of India), also Southeast Asia, such as in Myanmar. I've studied these kinds of geopolitics for a very long time, and it's a very complicated and pretty dark game that China has been playing for years, if not decades. Even in Taiwan, there have been many groups and news channels banned for links with the PRC.

we are aware of these things mate..
if any our interest is regarding, how are taiwan's preparations for defending itself, atleast for a month or two incase china invades.
what kind of weapon systems taiwan has, that sort of updates.

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
we are aware of these things mate..
if any our interest is regarding, how are taiwan's preparations for defending itself, atleast for a month or two incase china invades.
what kind of weapon systems taiwan has, that sort of updates.
As I posted elsewhere, Taiwan also wanted nukes during the Cold War, but the USA daddy found out, and they forced the program to end.

The main strategy of the ROC military is to hold out as long as possible (kind of like what Ukraine right now is doing) in case of a massive invasion by the People's Liberation Army. Basically promoting some kind of guerilla and asymmetrical warfare against Chinese forces until backup can arrive. Imagine...turning an island fortress into that of a "porcupine". You CAN move in, but you get pricked at every step you take, painfully. And a thousand cuts can together cut very deeply.

Wear the enemy down as best you can, attacking them not head on necessarily, but from all sides, entrenching yourself in cover and striking whenever they are vulnerable. Like what Mao and his guerillas did ironically during the Chinese Civil War -- using their tactics against them. That was how Vietnam, a much smaller country, ultimately defeated America.

This is a video by a young guy from Taiwan on this exact situation:

And here is the ROC military forces:

Last edited:

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
As I posted elsewhere, Taiwan also wanted nukes during the Cold War, but the USA daddy found out, and they forced the program to end.

The main strategy of the ROC military is to hold out as long as possible (kind of like what Ukraine right now is doing) in case of a massive invasion by the People's Liberation Army. Basically promoting some kind of guerilla and asymmetrical warfare against Chinese forces until backup can arrive. Imagine...turning an island fortress into that of a "porcupine". You CAN move in, but you get pricked at every step you take, painfully. And a thousand cuts can together cut very deeply.

Wear the enemy down as best you can, attacking them not head on necessarily, but from all sides, entrenching yourself in cover and striking whenever they are vulnerable. Like what Mao and his guerillas did ironically during the Chinese Civil War -- using their tactics against them. That was how Vietnam, a much smaller country, ultimately defeated America.

I have 2 questions bro
1) is Taiwanese youth ready to sacrifice
2) your land size is much smaller than Ukraine is even that reduces stress on PLA
Pls don't take it in wrong sense

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

And here is the ROC military forces:

I know what I am gonna say will be like I am on high but
How will it be if we place nukes in Taiwan the way China armed Pakistan

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
I know what I am gonna say will be like I am on high but
How will it be if we place nukes in Taiwan the way China armed Pakistan
I have 2 questions bro
1) is Taiwanese youth ready to sacrifice
2) your land size is much smaller than Ukraine is even that reduces stress on PLA
Pls don't take it in wrong sense
Well, the honest answer is, my friend, I don't know. Taiwanese people are not some hive collective mind, they are just Indians, they have a tremendous varieties of attitudes towards the USA, mainland China, India, and the idea of war. That is what makes Taiwan different from mainland China. For example, if China says that Pakistan and North Korea are its little brothers / best friends, then 90% of its people cheer and enthusiastically support them (regardless of what they might hear on the news about them), because to do less would mean to imply you are not patriotic to their government. I've read some of their threads, it's really interesting how they think honestly, and how different the two sides of the strait are.

In Taiwan, it is VERY different. There are millions of different opinions and views, there are forums with thousands of comments hating China, and others with thousands of comments scolding or bashing America or NATO or other things. Some Taiwanese people hate China, some Taiwanese people love China, some Taiwanese people like both the USA and China, other Taiwanese people dislike and tired of both. There are even huge fights in Taiwan's legislature over political issues. Taiwanese rarely have the "same" or unified stance on anything. XD

In Taiwan, people love to hate and mistrust their government -- attacking the leaders online or on Facebook and other places is an everyday job for some people, and they are proud to do so. When Biden said he would support America, lots of KMT supporters attacked him, calling him a crazy old senile fool who just wanted to sell weapons and start a new war. XD

They don't fear the government, lots of people post derisive memes and jokes attacking the President every day. As for war, I don't know either, exactly. It's not easy to imagine what people would do in an actual war scenario. It's not as simple as "most Taiwanese would fight" or "most Taiwanese people would NOT fight". Some people might say they'll fight, but they'll flee when the fighting actually comes. Others will say they won't fight, but when push comes to shove, they will do everything to defend their homes and families. I will say though, that the Hong Kong protests, have badly damaged China's image in the eyes of many young Taiwanese people.

As for nukes, I also don't know. I don't want a nuclear war for sure, I don't think that's the right answer. But people are tired of mainlanders trying to bully Taiwan into becoming something it does not truly want. :(

Last edited:

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well, the honest answer is, my friend, I don't know. Taiwanese people are not some hive collective mind, they are just Indians, they have a tremendous varieties of attitudes towards the USA, mainland China, India, and the idea of war. That is what makes Taiwan different from mainland China. For example, if China says that Pakistan and North Korea are its little brothers / best friends, then 90% of its people cheer and enthusiastically support them (regardless of what they might hear on the news about them), because to do less would mean to imply you are not patriotic to their government. I've read some of their threads, it's really interesting how they think honestly, and how different the two sides of the strait are.

In Taiwan, it is VERY different. There are millions of different opinions and views, there are forums with thousands of comments hating China, and others with thousands of comments scolding or bashing America or NATO or other things. Some Taiwanese people hate China, some Taiwanese people love China, some Taiwanese people like both the USA and China, other Taiwanese people dislike and tired of both. There are even huge fights in Taiwan's legislature over political issues. Taiwanese rarely have the "same" or unified stance on anything. XD

That's the problem of democracy
No one is united by ideas so I that case the establishment needs to be strong and shouldn't care about public but until now only one nation has been successful in it and that's USA

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I remember that in the 1970s, the Taiwan authorities wanted to conduct a nuclear test, but the United States stopped it
Taiwan doesn't necessarily want nuclear weapons
I don't think they need your opinion regarding it
If they had nukes then u wouldn't have thought of reunification

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The day Taiwan seeks to possess nuclear weapons is the day the war begins.
Is it bad to maintain the status quo? This is what most Taiwanese think
But status quo isn't being maintained
We talking here about invasion in present scenario
If bet you if in past Taiwan possessed nukes with help of America then China wouldn't have been aggressive as it is now

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
International politics is not so simple,
If Taiwan had nuclear weapons tomorrow, the war would start today
If Taiwan does not have nuclear weapons, the two sides will always be at stalemate
The security assurances that nuclear weapons bring to Taiwan are far less than the security challenges they bring
Again what I am saying that in a hypothetical situation Taiwan possessed nukes without knowledge of China in past basically a Cuban missiles crisis type
China wouldn't move ahead as it would trigger a nuclear war but would prefer covert operations or something blah blah blah to counter it but I seriously don't have idea about Chinese intelligence operations and how good they are but still a stalemate was possible

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
What you imagine is that one day Taiwan suddenly pulls out 100 nuclear warheads and says, "China, I want independence!"
is it possible? can't,
Not to mention whether Taiwan can obtain the enriched uranium needed for nuclear weapons, but how can Taiwan conduct the most basic nuclear test? Not to mention the miniaturization of nuclear weapons
Taiwan is so close to China that such a large operation of nuclear weapons can easily be detected
Besides, it is not in the interests of the United States for Taiwan to have nuclear weapons, and no one wants to see their dog get out of control.
老兄, 別丟自己的臉吧!! 如果台灣是美國的走狗,那麼你們不是馬列的走狗?? 丟了那麼多領土給俄國, 還是死也放不下一個小島!!

It was China's intrusions into Taiwanese airspace that caused so many people, old and young, to rally behind Tsai's administration actually! Imagine if Russia or Japan began arrogantly flying their airplanes into your country's airspace, how would most mainlanders feel? If you want someone to blame for the recent tensions, you can only blame yourself! Lots of people were lukewarm to the idea of "independence", but if your neighbour threatens you day and night, what else can you do, if you are pushed to the wall??

How many other countries has China slowly alienated? Half of ASEAN including Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines, India, Bhutan, Japan, Taiwan, most of Europe and the USA, even some of the Central Asian countries, etc.

Last edited:

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
外东北是谁丢的,外蒙古是谁丢的,他妈的二战结束美国打算把越南给中国老蒋都不要,傻逼一个,
那好, 不要談以前過去的事情, 討論現在的情況!! 你不支持解放軍侵占台灣, 台灣也不會支持核武器或獨立!! 如果拜登真的加入戰爭, 誰也不會有好的下場的!

Kumaoni

Well, to be fair, my friend, you're living in the USA, and so are millions of Indians. XD

Misunderstanding or not, I really don't think China and India will become friends any time soon. And I've mentioned elsewhere, China has its spies planted everwhere through South and Central Asia, as well as in Western countries, such as American colleges and universities, linking with the Chinese language groups there. There was even a pro-China person (his parents were born in the mainland) who shot and killed 1 person in a California church recently, injuring 5 others. China's influence is MUCH stronger and more pervasive than you can imagine right now.

And people blame America for funding the Taliban; but if you do enough historical research, you'd realize China engaged with them and sent them millions of dollars during the Cold War to fight the Soviets also. I even read that the Mumbai attackers had Chinese-produced weapons, and that China's intelligence agencies cooperate very closely with the Pakistanis on lots of...different things. You do not really think that blocking that Pakistani militant at the UN was the only thing they're responsible for? That's the kind of massive game China is playing here, a very subtle and dangerous one, throughout Asia and elsewhere.

According to Shoaib, meanwhile, “Xu [the Chinese spy in Afghanistan] hated India and considered India as enemy of China.”

The Afghan intelligence agency, whose director confirmed the detention during a parliamentary session, alleged that its operatives seized arms, ammunition, and Ketamine powder from the Chinese nationals. Indian newspapers reported that Xu began working with the Chinese intelligence agency from July or August of 2020. Xu was accused of being in contact with a man in Pakistan as well as the Haqqani Network.

“Xu traveled to Pakistan,” said Salim, the university student. “When I was in Kabul recently, he was in Pakistan.”

I don’t blame America for creating Taliban. I only wish we didn’t have such incompetence in the Asian world.

FDD1724B-49FC-4824-A93C-094A82ED9D3C.jpeg

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
I don’t blame America for creating Taliban. I only wish we didn’t have such incompetence in the Asian world.

View attachment 157618
Those are technically India's losses also. Where China moves in in place of the USA, there is very little room remaining for India there.

Why didn't India try to help Afghanistan or Sri Lanka or Myanmar, when those places are in your backyard? The USA might be seen as a totally foreign Western power, perhaps India less so.

Kumaoni

Those are technically India's losses also. Where China moves in in place of the USA, there is very little room remaining for India there.

Why didn't India try to help Afghanistan or Sri Lanka or Myanmar, when those places are in your backyard? The USA might be seen as a totally foreign Western power, perhaps India less so.
Becuase India is a third world country that doesn’t poke its nose in others? india really don’t care about whose bloc our neighbors are in.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Sri Lanka is being supported
U can check our foreign reserves it has depleted in short time especially during Sri Lankan crisis' beginning
It's because we are providing aid to keep it stable
Many people in this forum have different opinion regarding it
But we have always tried to keep our backyard on our side
We removed anti India Nepali pm
Maldives is on our side unlike few years ago
Bangladesh is safe for us till hasina after that God only knows
Don't worry we will keep our backyard safe to a certain extent even with limited resources

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
Sri Lanka is being supported
U can check our foreign reserves it has depleted in short time especially during Sri Lankan crisis' beginning
It's because we are providing aid to keep it stable
Many people in this forum have different opinion regarding it
But we have always tried to keep our backyard on our side
We removed anti India Nepali pm
Maldives is on our side unlike few years ago
Bangladesh is safe for us till hasina after that God only knows
Don't worry we will keep our backyard safe to a certain extent even with limited resources
Another thing many Indians here seem to talk about is America -- the role of the USA, and I do understand their frustration with America, its hegemony and everything. Lots of Taiwanese people also criticize America a lot, it's just not too well-known (for obvious reasons).

This is another video made by a Taiwanese guy who talks a lot about history and geopolitics, which country is more rogue, the USA or China?

He basically argues that although lots of America's actions such as in Iraq or Vietnam seem rogue, they are still answerable to its political system and balances, as well as its people (featuring an image of the Vietnam War protesters and public pressure and how mass demonstrations forced the government to end their overseas war), whereas in China, such protesters would not be allowed whatsoever, or simply killed outright.

And in China, he basically includes a clip involving the leader and the Communist leadership which meet only once every 5 years, how every one of the 2000 "legal representatives" of the 1.4 billion people simply raise their hands and says, "We agree" then "No objection" when the Premier asks if there any to oppose the new measure, and then they applaud like automatons, and whatever measure the Premier decides, they pass unanimously.

He therefore argues that without such accountability, China has far more dangerous potential to become rogue, in both its domestic and foreign policy, and ultimately unanswerable to anyone, to its own people most of all. :(

Last edited:

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
In essence, while America might be allies with some dubious countries and regimes (such as Saudi Arabia or Pakistan), there are Americans constantly complaining and attacking their government every month for such alliances, and those countries are not viewed positively or supported by 90% of the American population. For example, both the USA and China are "allies" to Pakistan.

And yet, if you asked most Americans what they thought of Pakistan, I think most would tell you they hated Pakistan or at least had a very negative impression of the country, and they'd wished their government would stop giving them money. If you asked most of the Chinese, I'd guess they'd mostly say, "Pakistan is a pro-China country, therefore we love Pakistan, and we are friends forever with them, long live our friendship! India is our sworn enemy, we need to regain our lost lands someday, etc."

In the USA and Taiwan, most people love to mistrust and hate their government, and attack their leaders. In China, supporting their government is the patriotic duty of every last son and daughter, and even the slightest criticism of their leadership is extremely taboo and unthinkable, as much taboo as a woman dancing in a bikiki in a Muslim country. That was how most mainlanders are raised from birth, to death. To love the nation, to support the state no matter what it does, that is how their entire identity and worldview has been shaped. And if another nation has a dispute with yours, smash their companies and their cars while raging on the streets for a war with them. The only protests allowed are the ones which serve the government's interests. But nothing more, and nothing less.

My point is, if the USA attacked India tomorrow, or started a new war with a Muslim country for example, most Americans would be protesting so loudly and angrily in the streets that the system would almost stop functioning. If China attacked India (or Taiwan for that matter), most Chinese people would probably be cheering the war and the military at the top of their lungs, regardless of how many lives were lost in the process. After all, the government says India is our enemy, Taiwan is a rogue province, and every one of the Chinese people MUST follow the government to the very end.

Last edited:

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
That's the problem of democracy
No one is united by ideas so I that case the establishment needs to be strong and shouldn't care about public but until now only one nation has been successful in it and that's USA
And I also have another recommendation. If Taiwan and India share many of the same interests and threats, but both sides seem to lack direct military cooperation, why not at least try to share intelligence between them? Most Indians should know how China's intelligence constantly cooperates very closely with that of Pakistan, for example, in furthering their mutual interests.

So why doesn't India's intelligence services try to work together with those of Taiwan, for example? Obviously China has developed a fairly extensive spy network in both Taiwan and India for years, and PRC cyberattacks agianst both places are a real danger and serious threat to their power grids and their necessary services. China and India spy on each other all the time, but what is less commonly known is that China and Taiwan do so also.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles