India Taiwan relations

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag

If China successfully breaks into or hijacks Taiwan's main power grid or transport and utilities system, then it has a much easier time taking over Taiwan. :(

This is a tissue package issued to army people in the Taiwanese military, warning them to be on the lookout for possible Communist infiltration -- and offering 5 million as a reward for any spy caught.

1653619892623.png

Last edited:

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
And I also have another recommendation. If Taiwan and India share many of the same interests and threats, but both sides seem to lack direct military cooperation, why not at least try to share intelligence between them? Most Indians should know how China's intelligence constantly cooperates very closely with that of Pakistan, for example, in furthering their mutual interests.

So why doesn't India's intelligence services try to work together with those of Taiwan, for example? Obviously China has developed a fairly extensive spy network in both Taiwan and India for years, and PRC cyberattacks agianst both places are a real danger and serious threat to their power grids and their necessary services. China and India spy on each other all the time, but what is less commonly known is that China and Taiwan do so also.

Problem is our establishment in past was pro China even though China always intruded our borders just bcoz their pockets remains full
Now things won't change so soon modi is in power for only 8 years but our establishment is 75 years old
So something major should happen for some major move
But don't know what major

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
Problem is our establishment in past was pro China even though China always intruded our borders just bcoz their pockets remains full
Now things won't change so soon modi is in power for only 8 years but our establishment is 75 years old
So something major should happen for some major move
But don't know what major
Or maybe there is ALREADY intelligence cooperation (perhaps with or with U.S. assistance), but it's so secret and sensitive that even most Taiwanese and Indian people are unaware of this. XD

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
Yes, most young Taiwanese and Chinese people hate each other these days, even in real life, normal conversations when they do interact are becoming very tense and uncomfortable, due to their vast political differences. There are satirical Chinese videos with President Tsai and her supporters publicly brought onto the street, kneeling and surrounded by armed PLA soldiers for summary execution, in a future where Taiwan has fallen to China -- and captions like, "There is no good fate for traitors of the motherland" and similarly graphic things like that.

Most Indian people here still do not understand China, other than this big red country which supports Pakistan, which is why I think it is essential for India and Taiwan to increase cooperation; the Taiwanese do understand China. China's military is indeed stronger than India and Taiwan's, perhaps even stronger than both of them together, if we must be brutally honest, which is why both should work together. No one in Taiwan denies that China's past was at least somewhat intertwined with Taiwan (2 million mainlanders arrived after the civil war, but the rest were people whose ancestors moved from the mainland centuries ago); the issue with independence or not is whether its future ultimately should be.

Look at China's water games in the Brahmaputra, its dangerous moves could literally affect over 140 million people in both India and Bangladesh, that is how high the stakes are in these kinds of issues.

I honestly think Indians should try to send students to attend Taiwanese military colleges; they could easily learn Chinese and understand China's strategy. Taiwan's military has studied China's military for FAR longer than Indians have. The best way to beat your enemy, or even to survive them, is by studying their mindset as best you can, to know them even better than you know yourself. Here is something I strongly recommend most Indian people read this, an article by the People's Daily in 1959, after the failed Tibetan uprising, basically trying to justify the Chinese military's actions against the Tibetans:

Attachments

armortec

Most Indian people here still do not understand China, other than this big red country which supports Pakistan, which is why I think it is essential for India and Taiwan to increase cooperation; the Taiwanese do understand China
Indeed and thanks for your insights provided from your posts. Sport also reveals certain differences between cultures and mindsets. At Rio 2016 the two countries' (then) rising young shuttlers PV Sindhu and Tai Tzu Ying faced off in the Ro16 with PV winning and claiming silver. In Tokyo 2020 they faced off again in the SF - this time with TTY winning the match. Though the Indian fans were sad for PVS they were cheering fully for TTY in the final. After the final PVS was the first to console TTY.

“PV Sindhu hugged me and told me I know you are sick but you did very well, but today was not your day,” Tai Tzu-Ying wrote. “She held me in her arms and said she knew it all. That sincere encouragement made me cry,” she added.

Meanwhile the men's doubles final was also Taiwan vs China, and the Taiwanese pair (Wang Chi-Lin and Lee Yang) won Taiwan's first gold in dominant fashion against the favourites. The losing Chinese pair's reaction to the loss was evident in the pictures. CCP blocked the medal ceromony broadcast. Chinese fans shared their emotions on the pair's social media posts.

"You can lose to anyone but Taiwan separatists," said one. "The most shameful day for China’s badminton men's doubles," another proclaimed. "Losing to Taiwan was a disgrace, I hope our netizens and athletes remember: Taiwanese are not siblings, they are enemies," said another.

India, Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand - virtually all the players from these countries play with respect and sportsmanship - win or lose. Maybe it's the Hindu/Buddhist culture preserved in those countries? Whereas Chinese players (a little less in the newer gen) show gamesmanship (e.g. trying to con line judges, delaying the game when losing etc) and poor sportsmanship. The governing body had to introduce anti-matchfixing and anti-fake injury rules. It seems, for the Chinese it's "win at all costs no matter how" whereas for others it's "win, with honour."

Back to the muddy world of geopolitics, given Xinneh's words and actions, India and Taiwan could and should increase their cooporation. The question is: how? What each can offer the other? India needs foreign business investment (along with labour/business law reforms), intelligence on the CCP - which Taiwan is staring at India in the face. What can India offer for Taiwan? A possible fresh new market to hedge/diversify depedence on Chinese market (again this depends on India growing it's economy). And a suggestion from an Indian strategic think tank fellow Bharat Karnad: nuclear arm China's neighbours (Vietnam, Taiwan etc) as a tit-for tat for China nuclear arming India's eternally malicious Western neighbour. Is that something Taiwan would consider? Is that something India would dare to do? I can't see how Taiwan could hold off a serious CCP invasion attempt otherwise. And it appears CCP are serious about it.

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
Indeed and thanks for your insights provided from your posts. Sport also reveals certain differences between cultures and mindsets. At Rio 2016 the two countries' (then) rising young shuttlers PV Sindhu and Tai Tzu Ying faced off in the Ro16 with PV winning and claiming silver. In Tokyo 2020 they faced off again in the SF - this time with TTY winning the match. Though the Indian fans were sad for PVS they were cheering fully for TTY in the final. After the final PVS was the first to console TTY.

“PV Sindhu hugged me and told me I know you are sick but you did very well, but today was not your day,” Tai Tzu-Ying wrote. “She held me in her arms and said she knew it all. That sincere encouragement made me cry,” she added.

Meanwhile the men's doubles final was also Taiwan vs China, and the Taiwanese pair (Wang Chi-Lin and Lee Yang) won Taiwan's first gold in dominant fashion against the favourites. The losing Chinese pair's reaction to the loss was evident in the pictures. CCP blocked the medal ceromony broadcast. Chinese fans shared their emotions on the pair's social media posts.

"You can lose to anyone but Taiwan separatists," said one. "The most shameful day for China’s badminton men's doubles," another proclaimed. "Losing to Taiwan was a disgrace, I hope our netizens and athletes remember: Taiwanese are not siblings, they are enemies," said another.

India, Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand - virtually all the players from these countries play with respect and sportsmanship - win or lose. Maybe it's the Hindu/Buddhist culture preserved in those countries? Whereas Chinese players (a little less in the newer gen) show gamesmanship (e.g. trying to con line judges, delaying the game when losing etc) and poor sportsmanship. The governing body had to introduce anti-matchfixing and anti-fake injury rules. It seems, for the Chinese it's "win at all costs no matter how" whereas for others it's "win, with honour."

Back to the muddy world of geopolitics, given Xinneh's words and actions, India and Taiwan could and should increase their cooporation. The question is: how? What each can offer the other? India needs foreign business investment (along with labour/business law reforms), intelligence on the CCP - which Taiwan is staring at India in the face. What can India offer for Taiwan? A possible fresh new market to hedge/diversify depedence on Chinese market (again this depends on India growing it's economy). And a suggestion from an Indian strategic think tank fellow Bharat Karnad: nuclear arm China's neighbours (Vietnam, Taiwan etc) as a tit-for tat for China nuclear arming India's eternally malicious Western neighbour. Is that something Taiwan would consider? Is that something India would dare to do? I can't see how Taiwan could hold off a serious CCP invasion attempt otherwise. And it appears CCP are serious about it.
Yes, the mindsets between China and Taiwan's people are becoming increasingly incompatible. Look at the Chinese government's so-called "China Dream" or "Chinese Dream". And then pause for a moment, and realise exactly that.

The Chinese governments wants a "China Dream" -- NOT a "China, India, Japan, ASEAN Dream" or an "All Asian Dream". The only reason they and their people love North Korea, Pakistan, Cambodia and other smaller Asian states is because they are essentially suberservient to Chinese interests, heavily reliant on their funding, and are no real threat to China's future. They might be "brother countries" to China, but they are little brothers, not by far its equals.

India is different. India's rise seriously worries and bothers lots of Chinese people, even though they might try to make fun of Indians. India's economy is now larger than Britain and most European countries, and it is still rapidly growing, and India is the ONLY Asian country which can possibly rival China's military in any real war without assistance. That is why China is so desperate to build ties with Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, etc. -- China knows that India is a real major obstacle to its own emergence, and hates and despises India for that very dearly.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
And yet taiwan lays claim on commie illegaly occupied tibet,cok,aksai hind and arunachal pradesh.If china is commie then taiwan is leftist shit both must be neutralized
Taiwan lays claim to entire present day China

Varoon2

Country flag
Now Taiwan wants to hire huge numbers of Indian workers.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Now Taiwan wants to hire huge numbers of Indian workers.

I don't think that is an easy option. Taiwanese speak and use traditional Chinese instead of the simplified one that we commonly teach in language universities in India (used in China, Singapore, and Hong Kong). The strokes are more difficult and the rules are rigid for the Traditional system.

Given that Taiwan is relatively small and has a gruelling work culture, very few except a few enthusiasts would want to migrate there for a very marginal advantage.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles