India removes 142 wanted terrorists from blacklist

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
In a significant decision, the Central government has removed from its 'blacklist' the names of 142 wanted terrorists and their associates, including the heads of various Sikh extremist groups. The wanted persons whose names have been deleted are believed to be currently based in countries like Pakistan, the US, Canada, Norway, France and Germany, and the government's step will enable them to move freely around the world and even return home.

The names have been deleted in two phases after a review of 169 cases in consultation with the Punjab Government and security agencies. While 25 names were deleted in August last year, 117 names were deleted last month, according to the Home Ministry.

Among those removed from the blacklist by the Union Home Ministry are Lakhbir Singh Rode, nephew of dreaded slain terrorist Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale and chief of International International Sikh Youth Federation (ISYF).

The list also includes names like Ranjit Singh alias Neeta, a native of Jammu and Kashmir who heads Khalistan Zindabad Force, Wadhawa Singh, chief of Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) and Paramjit Singh Panjwar, chief of Khalistan Commando Force (KCF).

Ripudaman Singh Malik, an activist of Babbar Khalsa who is currently based in British Columbia, was accused of having assisted in funding the 1985 Kanishka plane bombing.

The Home Ministry decision follows the Delhi High Court order to it on February 9 to take a decision on a petition that pleaded that the list of 169 Sikhs should be reviewed as it has led to "unnecessary harassment" to various individuals at different airports and embassies across the world due to non-renewal of their passports by the Indian government.

Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee (DSGMC) President Paramjit Singh Sarna has welcomed the decision.

He expressed gratitude to Congress President Sonia Gandhi for the development which he said had "raised a silver line in the hearts of numerous other blacklisted NRI Sikhs" that with his efforts their names would also be deleted soon.

Source

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Welcome to a weak secular republic of India, ruled by wretched Italian mafia family (with their corrupt treacherous Indian coterie); our rulers are so corrupt and shameless that they invite terrorists themselves by offering visas (obviously get money transfered to Swiss bank accounts) and when common man is murdered blame - pakistan with the help of dallal -India media (NDTVs, CNN-IBN, Hindustan Times..........) who sold their souls way back to their political masters!! Simply amazing Mehngai Mohan Singh....simply amazing.....People of this country deserve crooks as their leaders as the people themselves are corrupt, inept and crooks!!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Welcome to a weak secular republic of India, ruled by wretched Italian mafia family (with their corrupt treacherous Indian coterie); our rulers are so corrupt and shameless that they invite terrorists themselves by offering visas (obviously get money transfered to Swiss bank accounts) and when common man is murdered blame - pakistan with the help of dallal -India media (NDTVs, CNN-IBN, Hindustan Times..........) who sold their souls way back to their political masters!! Simply amazing Mehngai Mohan Singh....simply amazing.....People of this country deserve crooks as their leaders as the people themselves are corrupt, inept and crooks!!
Be careful about what you write without any proof. You may well face a defamation suit which will prove very Mehenga for you.

I have told you before as well not to distort names and insult anyone or lay baseless allegation without proof on this forum.

I would look at this removal of names in a different light. For all these years they were on a list which did not give any result. Now as the report says, once off the list they are free to move around. What better opportunity to catch them when they relax once their name is off any wanted list.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Be careful about what you write without any proof. You may well face a defamation suit which will prove very Mehenga for you.

I have told you before as well not to distort names and insult anyone or lay baseless allegation without proof on this forum.

I would look at this removal of names in a different light. For all these years they were on a list which did not give any result. Now as the report says, once off the list they are free to move around. What better opportunity to catch them when they relax once their name is off any wanted list.
Yeah great strategy to catch them.....my fault, that I could not think of a better one!

I should Apologize that petrol is Rs 5 up....and inflation is at its highest...he is definitely not Mehngai Mohan Singh with 2G scam, CWG Scam et al, type feathers in his crown!

Surely the GOI does not deserve a defamation case for defaming the country and a beating for looting the poor man, but common citizens like me!

Point taken!

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yeah great strategy to catch them.....my fault, that I could not think of a better one!

I should Apologize that petrol is Rs 5 up....and inflation is at its highest...he is definitely not Mehngai Mohan Singh with 2G scam, CWG Scam et al, type feathers in his crown!

Point taken!
Yeah you want petrol @ 20 a ltr when crude is at over $100.
Scams exists everywhere irrespective of any party in power. Congress, DMK, BJP, NCP who ever. Sad part of indian politics.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Read somewhere (vaguely) recently that crude prices at world markets are manipulated.
Could this be true. What games are being played ?

Regards,
Virendra

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Read somewhere (vaguely) recently that crude prices at world markets are manipulated.
Could this be true. What games are being played ?

Regards,
Virendra
Yes. Speculations drive up or down prices. Major deep pocketed cartels can do that.
It's the same with other commodities. Look at silver price fluctuation. There are daily swings of 10%. all speculative. A lot of people make big money from it.

S.A.T.A

Unless the govt explains the rationale behind removing these names from black list,like what changes has the govt noticed in their professed ideology of waging war against India,have they made a public renouncement of their anti India emotions and have they communicated the same to the Indian govt,this will make up another effort by the govt to allow domestic political compulsions to dictate a shift in its foreign and security policies.

Indian govt's friendly overtures,even talks of restarting the stalled dialogue with Pakistan,at a time when that country is in the cynosure of worlds eye for all the wrong reasons,is a good example of the same attitude.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Unless the govt explains the rationale behind removing these names from black list,like what changes has the govt noticed in their professed ideology of waging war against India,have they made a public renouncement of their anti India emotions and have they communicated the same to the Indian govt,this will make up another effort by the govt to allow domestic political compulsions to dictate a shift in its foreign and security policies.

Indian govt's friendly overtures,even talks of restarting the stalled dialogue with Pakistan,at a time when that country is in the cynosure of worlds eye for all the wrong reasons,is a good example of the same attitude.
You think this government and its blind & deaf defenders will ever tell you the rationale? This is a Gandhian government mate. Its aim is complete ideological slaver of India to the poorest and the most pathetic threats of the country. However, we can still see blind and deaf zombies here continuing to defend this government despite such a serious issue cropping up.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles