India plans to produce half the armaments necessary for the country

Latika_singer

A simple user of DFI

According to the new national policy of India, in 10 or 12 years, 50% of the total amount of weapons and military equipment should be produced in the country, according to Defense news.

This is just one of the many goals outlined in the plan of the National Campaign Make in India, announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in order to support the domestic industry.

It is anticipated that the military equipment and weapons included in the nomenclature of Make in India are bought exclusively to domestic producers. Only Indian companies may participate in the respective competitions. Within 10-12 years, the national military companies purchase must amount to at least about half of all demand for armaments of the country, or around 100 billion dollars a year.

Narendra Modi being a threat to India (in my opnion)
Bharata ke li'e khatara ja raha hai
भारत के लिए खतरा जा रहा है
:scared1:
Source:portuguese.ruvr.ru

pmaitra

Re: India plans to produce half the armaments necessary for the countr

@Latika_singer, thank you for taking so much interest in India, and thank you for posting this good news. I hope whatever is planned, as mentioned in the article, comes true.

Regarding your opinion, I am not sure why you think Modi is a threat to India?

Last edited by a moderator:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

According to the new national policy of India, in 10 or 12 years, 50% of the total amount of weapons and military equipment should be produced in the country, according to Defense news.

This is just one of the many goals outlined in the plan of the National Campaign Make in India, announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in order to support the domestic industry.

It is anticipated that the military equipment and weapons included in the nomenclature of Make in India are bought exclusively to domestic producers. Only Indian companies may participate in the respective competitions. Within 10-12 years, the national military companies purchase must amount to at least about half of all demand for armaments of the country, or around 100 billion dollars a year.

Narendra Modi being a threat to India (in my opnion)
Bharata ke li'e khatara ja raha hai
भारत के लिए खतरा जा रहा है

:scared1:
Source:portuguese.ruvr.ru
Are you really from BRA-zeal???

Also whats wrong if India wanna produce it's own stuff? As a FACT India should have done this long ago and should be self sufficient at around 80% of it's needs by local Defense industries and also export stuff to other countries.

MODI is indeed a threat to all the traitors and those who wanna earn being a middle man and make country dependent on foreign nations for defense hence putting national security in danger.

Latika_singer

A simple user of DFI

Are you really from BRA-zeal???

Also whats wrong if India wanna produce it's own stuff? As a FACT India should have done this long ago and should be self sufficient at around 80% of it's needs by local Defense industries and also export stuff to other countries.

MODI is indeed a threat to all the traitors and those who wanna earn being a middle man and make country dependent on foreign nations for defense hence putting national security in danger.
I am Brazilian,and proud of it,but I have strong ties with India,India is a country which has greatly helped the transportation industry in Brazil.
I have much to thank India.

the modi being a threat to India due to his latest ideas as the total privatization of indian railways (i did not approve this)
Now plans for the reduction of armaments.

what he's thinking?
:frusty:

pmaitra

I am Brazilian,and proud of it,but I have strong ties with India,India is a country which has greatly helped the transportation industry in Brazil.

the modi being a threat to India due to his latest ideas as the total privatization of indian railways (i did not approve this)

what he's thinking?
I don't think he is going for reduction in arms. Regarding railways, well, that is left to a different thread.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

what he's thinking?
If you go by the article Reduction is in buying imported armaments not buying armaments.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

what he's thinking?
Which reduction? India needs only increase in its defense + modernization.

Recently Jaitley cleared the way to 80,000 crore defense purchase and a major chunk goes to Navy ie. 6 made in India Subs.

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...-key-defence-deals-worth-rs-70-000-crore.html

Latika_singer

A simple user of DFI

I don't think he is going for reduction in arms. Regarding railways, well, that is left to a different thread.
Here in Brazil happened to full privatization of the railways in 1997.
today Brazilian railroads are only serving for transporting loads.
before 1997 was a train service for passengers.
and this is what can happen with India.

pmaitra

That is unfortunate. I don't think that will happen in India.

Coming to defense, as folks have mentioned, the reduction is not in procurement, the reduction is in import of foreign armaments. Modi is taking a step towards self-reliance, and I think it will help India in the long run.

Latika_singer

A simple user of DFI

pakistan enjoy this reduction to attack India

Last edited:

pmaitra

pakistan enjoy this reduction to attack India
There is no reduction.

Let me give you one example:

Option 1: 500 Indian made rifles + 500 German made rifles.
Option 2: 1000 Indian made rifles.

Modi is going for Option 2.

There is no reduction.

Latika_singer

A simple user of DFI

There is no reduction.

Let me give you one example:

Option 1: 500 Indian made rifles + 500 German made rifles.
Option 2: 1000 Indian made rifles.

Modi is going for Option 2.

There is no reduction.
Got it!,modi is fighting for the military buildup of India without the help of any country,withdraw my previous opinion about modi.

pmaitra

Got it!,modi is fighting for the military buildup of India without the help of any country,withdraw my previous opinion about modi.

Eu estou feliz que eu era capaz de explicar.

É o meu prazer, minha senhora! :)

Latika_singer

A simple user of DFI

você fala em português?,isso é bom,agora eu posso interagir com você facilmente! @pmaitra

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

você fala em português?,isso é bom,agora eu posso interagir com você facilmente!
Eu não falo Português. Eu sei muito poucas frases em Espanhol. Eu usei o Google Translator, quando eu respondi-lhe.

singleboy56

Good plan and best for the progress of the country.

Ky Loung

I really don't see what wrong with privatization. Government have to spend a lot of tax payers money to subsidies train passenger. At the end of the day it cheaper to just let passenger side of the train business die.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

I really don't see what wrong with privatization. Government have to spend a lot of tax payers money to subsidies train passenger. At the end of the day it cheaper to just let passenger side of the train business die.
How many times have you been to India? How many days have you spend here? What do you know about India, its people, its economy and household income? How many households do you think keeps a vehicle? How many can afford commuting on his own vehicle to workplace everyday? What effect would it have on overall economy of India, including forex outflow for increased amount spent for more fuel?

Please feel free to give your idea keeping in mind all the factors.

I don't understand why all and sundry feel they know the best about something they don't have an iota of knowledge about?!!!!

Latika_singer

A simple user of DFI

surely you are millionaire :p

many people here in Brazil needs passenger trains :thumb:

trains are less polluting than cars,and safer than cars!!!!

not everyone has a car!!!:kickass:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles